• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golf Course brawl

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were getting pushed by the group behind us several times. We would have let them play through but we were always waiting on the group in front of us. The 4th time they hit into use we all dropped a ball and hit back at them. We had discussed it after they hit into 2nd and third time. They got the message and we didn't have another problem on the course. Now in the bar after the round there were words and puffed chest but that's about it.

I've bounced one right off the top of their golf cart, hitting it back at em'.

I've been involved in 3 post-round scuffles, ftr. All three were cuz of people hitting into us, all of them were balls that should've never been hit. All inside 200 yards.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend accidentally hit into the group in front of us last year. It was a short par 5 and he put it on the green. He has never before or since hit the ball like that. We understood their anger, we only took exception to the guy throwing the ball into the woods. It was a ProV1, he should have kept it.

The only time someone has hit into me I was on the tee box and someone hit it terribly. I actually threw it into the fairway for them, clearly the guy could not afford the stroke penalty.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never above hitting into a slow group ahead of me. "Man. Sorry about that. I must've really got hold of that one..."
I was playing golf in Scotland years ago with a couple of buddies. A local Scottish dude joined our group for a round. He was on holidays off the oil rigs in the North sea. We were all pretty good golfers and got stuck behind a foursome of total clusterfucks. One hole they all teed off into the woods and headed over for the usual delay while they looked for their balls. All four of us decided to tee off and put our balls long down the fairway. As we were walking past the fuck ups looking for their ball, one of them comes charging out yelling at me for the transgression. All I said was, "speak to my Scottish friend if you're raw about it, he can be very sympathetic". When the fuck up made eye contact with our new friend, our friend lit into him for the incompetent, classless total fuck up that he was. I almost felt sorry for the guy for even opening his mouth about it. Fuck we laughed about that in the bar after the round.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend accidentally hit into the group in front of us last year. It was a short par 5 and he put it on the green. He has never before or since hit the ball like that. We understood their anger, we only took exception to the guy throwing the ball into the woods. It was a ProV1, he should have kept it.

The only time someone has hit into me I was on the tee box and someone hit it terribly. I actually threw it into the fairway for them, clearly the guy could not afford the stroke penalty.

Pro-Vs are cheap at my course. If you buy a dozen, you get a free round of golf. $45 for the balls... minus the $35 for the round and you're at $10 for the dozen balls. I like that deal.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro-Vs are cheap at my course. If you buy a dozen, you get a free round of golf. $45 for the balls... minus the $35 for the round and you're at $10 for the dozen balls. I like that deal.

That is awesome, I play with what ever cheap ball I get on sale from amazon. I am still pretty bad and lose the ball to often to spend money on it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is awesome, I play with what ever cheap ball I get on sale from amazon. I am still pretty bad and lose the ball to often to spend money on it.

anytime I have to look for my ball, I find 3 others... so I always have enough balls... though I leave the shitty brands laying in the weeds.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've bounced one right off the top of their golf cart, hitting it back at em'.

I've been involved in 3 post-round scuffles, ftr. All three were cuz of people hitting into us, all of them were balls that should've never been hit. All inside 200 yards.

My son (5 years old at the time) and I were playing on a Monday morning. The #2 hole has a hard left dogleg about 200 yards from the tee. God himself couldn't make my tee short go left, so I would just lay up and take the shot from 140-160 yard out straight into the green. A 4some that we didn't see behind us on the 1st hole drove into us. All 4 of them hit into us. Well, 3 of them did the other shanked it. No FORE! or anything. I had my son hide behind the cart after the 1st one went by us and I saw #2 in the tee box. Turns out it Monday is Sr. tournament day and they started on hole #2. As this jack ass rolls up he tells me "today is the wrong day to play with your kid". I proceed to tell him any day I fucking decide to play with my kid is the right day, and the fact that my kid was there was the only reason he wasn't getting his ass whipped right now. Told them I better not see another ball from their group come near us again for any reason.

I had to calm down a bit and played the rest of the round and had a great day with my son. He's now 10 and loves the game. I go with him and my daughter (12) and we play best ball. Every now and then, we end up playing one of their balls and it's the highlight of their day, and they don't let me forget it.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anytime I have to look for my ball, I find 3 others... so I always have enough balls... though I leave the shitty brands laying in the weeds.

That is actually how I keep score. I like to call it the Droopdog modified scoring system. If I start with 9 balls and end with 6, I shot a -3 for the round. It sounds good at least.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is actually how I keep score. I like to call it the Droopdog modified scoring system. If I start with 9 balls and end with 6, I shot a -3 for the round. It sounds good at least.

Fuck, I think it's a great round if I find an unbroken tee.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tempted to hit into slow players, But i might be getting too old to back up my mouth.

I've done it! Well.... With the golf ball that is.....

Took about 45 minutes to play 2 holes so on the 3rd hole I got stuck behind them I couldn't take it anymore... but down the ball on the tee and swung..... Yup, hit them right in the back of the leg.... Fortunately for me it wasn't a direct shot but bounced a few times..... After that.... You had better believe they let us pass through!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never hit into anyone (I have tagged one person with an errant shot and got tagged myself one time on accident, shit happens, comes with the territory). One time I got stuck with a jackass that hit into a group with an 8 year old girl and almost tagged her. I was like fuck this and just went to another hole (it was twilight and I just jumped from 6 back to 2). There's no reason to hit into anybody. 90% of the time the people you're hitting into aren't the problem and most of the other 10 you're hitting into elderly people. Another time I was playing with this "golf league" jackass after the last group hit into us on accident because they couldn't see our carts still there. Their ball happened to hit right where our carts were and it was like a pinball machine but it was totally an accident. The big douchebag starts screaming at them and the 18th goes right back against the 17th and he was "trying" to hit back into them. I say "trying" because he just absolutely sucked and couldn't hit a fairway to save his life. After we were done I went back to apologize to the group he was cussing out and it was some massive, totally ripped dude. Dufas didn't realize how lucky he was that this guy didn't call him on his bullshit.

But my home course is super-mellow with most people seeing each other around quite a bit so there's not much of that nonsense.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeopardy Category: Golf

The answer is: "I had a few beers, got impatient, hit into the group in front of me, got into a fuck-you figth that involved striking skulls with a 6 iron."

Question: "How did I, a middle class family man, end up in prison on a felony assault charge?"

Moral of the story: Don't do it. It's just a silly game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done it! Well.... With the golf ball that is.....

Took about 45 minutes to play 2 holes so on the 3rd hole I got stuck behind them I couldn't take it anymore... but down the ball on the tee and swung..... Yup, hit them right in the back of the leg.... Fortunately for me it wasn't a direct shot but bounced a few times..... After that.... You had better believe they let us pass through!

ask nicely... maybe we let you through if we're not already waiting on people.

you hit into us, I'll go on a ball search every fucking hole and make your life hell playing behind me.

Gonna have to skip a hole to get in front and then you better look over your shoulder on every fucking hole... like I said... fun day. I have a full pocket of range balls for assholes that want to fuck around. I'll tee up as many as I can the next time you're putting on a par 3.

relax or go the fuck home.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask nicely... maybe we let you through if we're not already waiting on people.

you hit into us, I'll go on a ball search every fucking hole and make your life hell playing behind me.

Gonna have to skip a hole to get in front and then you better look over your shoulder on every fucking hole... like I said... fun day. I have a full pocket of range balls for assholes that want to fuck around. I'll tee up as many as I can the next time you're putting on a par 3.

relax or go the fuck home.

I did ask politely at first and was ignored.... They deserved it.. They were assholes.... If it's the elderly i don't do it but when you are a complete douchebag I did it. I've only done it once.... But next time I see you I'll do it! :dhd:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did ask politely at first and was ignored.... They deserved it.. They were assholes.... If it's the elderly i don't do it but when you are a complete douchebag I did it. I've only done it once.... But next time I see you I'll do it! :dhd:

One of the reasons I try to avoid weekends... I want nothing to do with most of the people there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons I try to avoid weekends... I want nothing to do with most of the people there.

Good reason too... Wish I could play the week! actually I take that back... I did it by accident (hit a group in front of me).... Par 5 hilly as f&ck! hitting my 2nd shot.... Could have sworn they were gone..as they were down the hill for a good 20 minutes or so... So I thought I could hit.... Woops!!!!!! Just hit their golf cart fortunately.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good reason too... Wish I could play the week! actually I take that back... I did it by accident (hit a group in front of me).... Par 5 hilly as f&ck! hitting my 2nd shot.... Could have sworn they were gone..as they were down the hill for a good 20 minutes or so... So I thought I could hit.... Woops!!!!!! Just hit their golf cart fortunately.

I hate those blind tee shots. I have a couple on my course. One over a hill and another around a cuttable corner. I wish they'd install a bell or something to let the group behind know its safe to hit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I golf at a Country Club where all of the members are knowledgeable about the game and use proper etiquette on the course.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate those blind tee shots. I have a couple on my course. One over a hill and another around a cuttable corner. I wish they'd install a bell or something to let the group behind know its safe to hit.

very true..... However, many people don't even use them when they are there...

I play sometimes a course at the Cape, town owned, small 9 holer... 1st hole has a bell but the hilarious thing is.... you either hit the green or come up just short so it's a pointless bell in the side of the course below the hill since you usually have to walk back up to it it.

Though sometimes there is a guy standing on the right rough waving you to hit

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I golf at a Country Club where all of the members are knowledgeable about the game and use proper etiquette on the course.

sounds like an expensive course. lol