• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golf Course brawl

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate morning golf, ftr.

I played ghetto golf with @Peter Gozintite at 7AM, still drunk from the night before. Had to pound a couple of shitty beers at 7AM just to loosen up a lil.

Fucking desert....I was sweating the devil out of me from the night before as it was, then add in that it's 96 fucking degrees at 6:30 in the morning. Poor bastard prolly thought I was gonna stroke out right there on a green er some shit.

I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate.
fucking pussy

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very first thing I tell new players on my golf team is to keep pace. No one really cares about anything else.

That said, I have friends I play with who've golfed for years and have no idea where they are on the course. One guy spends a minute with a rangefinder on nearly every shot, and he's a double bogey golfer.
Human rain delays!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no. You have to have the newest clubs, balls, and technology.

Your game will improve in no time.
One of the guys in my group believes that totally. He didn't take it too well when I told him that getting him new clubs to use was like putting a golf saddle on a jackass.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking pussy

tenor.gif

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be an idiot to slow up play with a rangefinder. Pull it, shoot it, put it back.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read...hahaha. Every year a hit into us threat situation comes up and 2018 no different in this early start to the season of play (we count season to officially start in NC in April-late April.) I agree never hit into a group. Just ride the cart up and ask about going ahead at the next box or if can play through that hole. That solves hitting into a group and if there is a reason for the slow play i.e. group or groups ahead of them causing the trickle down effect... Anyways, on this day the course had a tournament so our tee time was already late. We had to wait for every shot till we could hit well.... We've been drinking and just bullshitting and at the turn got our food and pulled to tee 10 box. The group behind us catches up and we tell them to go ahead, they so no we will wait behind... Well hole 13 boom guy hits a ball at the green we are all standing up putting. So one of the guys puts that ball in his pocket. Main reason for keeping ball was no yell of FORE or yell of SORRY about that. Two more holes go by and again we are approaching the green and boom ball comes bouncing in again. So another guy in the group picks it up and straight chucks it into the woods like a short stop tossing to first base LOL. Fast forward... we get to parking lot and 2 guys leave right away from our group and my cart partner goes into club house to use the restroom. Well this guy behind us takes his cart drives in inches from my feet and says, "you the one that picked up my balls.." I didn't but of course I said, no but if I need to be that guy let's talk about it! haha. That gets him all fired up... Of course I'm ready to handle this any way he sees fit. He's all fired up yelling which I hate I'm a pitbull fighter..no bark, just punches... So I explain the situation and before I know it my buddy is back and he comes over and says, "He prick I tossed your golf balls, I'm about to toss your ass out this parking lot if you don't apologize!! Reminder... buddy former practice squad offense lineman here from the Panthers LOL... Guy left mumbling and all. Long story short I wish he'd of just listen to me explaining why you don't hit into people. I should go year by year with the best stories....hmmmm

-DUB-

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read...hahaha. Every year a hit into us threat situation comes up and 2018 no different in this early start to the season of play (we count season to officially start in NC in April-late April.) I agree never hit into a group. Just ride the cart up and ask about going ahead at the next box or if can play through that hole. That solves hitting into a group and if there is a reason for the slow play i.e. group or groups ahead of them causing the trickle down effect... Anyways, on this day the course had a tournament so our tee time was already late. We had to wait for every shot till we could hit well.... We've been drinking and just bullshitting and at the turn got our food and pulled to tee 10 box. The group behind us catches up and we tell them to go ahead, they so no we will wait behind... Well hole 13 boom guy hits a ball at the green we are all standing up putting. So one of the guys puts that ball in his pocket. Main reason for keeping ball was no yell of FORE or yell of SORRY about that. Two more holes go by and again we are approaching the green and boom ball comes bouncing in again. So another guy in the group picks it up and straight chucks it into the woods like a short stop tossing to first base LOL. Fast forward... we get to parking lot and 2 guys leave right away from our group and my cart partner goes into club house to use the restroom. Well this guy behind us takes his cart drives in inches from my feet and says, "you the one that picked up my balls.." I didn't but of course I said, no but if I need to be that guy let's talk about it! haha. That gets him all fired up... Of course I'm ready to handle this any way he sees fit. He's all fired up yelling which I hate I'm a pitbull fighter..no bark, just punches... So I explain the situation and before I know it my buddy is back and he comes over and says, "He prick I tossed your golf balls, I'm about to toss your ass out this parking lot if you don't apologize!! Reminder... buddy former practice squad offense lineman here from the Panthers LOL... Guy left mumbling and all. Long story short I wish he'd of just listen to me explaining why you don't hit into people. I should go year by year with the best stories....hmmmm

-DUB-

I inadvertently hit into a group last weekend...on #18, I'm in a fairway bunker 200+ away straight up hill...and little clump of sand about an inch or so behind the ball...I'm thinking, no way this ball gets near the green with this lie so I'm going play up...cart partner sees the lie...agreed, play away.

Somehow I caught it clean with a 3H and we couldn't see it finish...I'm thinking at best 15-20 yds short, it ended up on the green and it was still there...I saw one of the guys from the group ahead and apologized...he said no worry, great shot, it had to roll about 30 yds he said.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note to self. Don't fuck with DUB!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on how busy the course is. If it's stacked, and someone hits into me, I've been known to hit it back.

I've done that, too. I've also picked up a ball hit into me and put it in my pocket and once tossed one in a nearby water hazard. All 3 times there was nowhere to go, I was clearly visible and too close to them and they just hit anyway. It's amazing that I've never gotten my ass kicked on the course. But there's no excuse to hit into a group intentionally. If there's room in front of my group, I'll ask if they want to play though. If it's stacked I'll ask if they want to join. But otherwise if I'm waiting to hit every shot, then you're going to wait.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once saw a guy catch a ball right in the rib cage on the fly walking off a par 3. Dropped him to his knees. He was pissed but the dude who hit it was a big motherfucker so no fight!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once saw a guy catch a ball right in the rib cage on the fly walking off a par 3. Dropped him to his knees. He was pissed but the dude who hit it was a big motherfucker so no fight!

I took one in the rib cage once. It hurt like hell. I was walking up #18 FW and a guy on #10 tee shanked a line drive dead right. He yelled fore but it was too late... I wasn't 40 yards away from him. Stuff happens.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big problems is that you aren't going to be able to get through prime hours on a course without running into a bunch of assholes that just naturally start shit. This is the infamous incident around my parts:

Golf rage incident 'extremely stupid'

the guy who got hit in the head's life was basically ruined. It's a nice public course but it's loaded with assholes who suck and take the shit too seriously for their skill level.

I hate slow play just as much as the next guy but I handle it politely.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my gf and I are playing 9 holes when we go to Williamsburg in a couple weeks. I am a little worried we will be the slow group since she doesn't play much. Will make sure we hit the driving range before we go.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my gf and I are playing 9 holes when we go to Williamsburg in a couple weeks. I am a little worried we will be the slow group since she doesn't play much. Will make sure we hit the driving range before we go.

just have her take your drives.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took one in the rib cage once. It hurt like hell. I was walking up #18 FW and a guy on #10 tee shanked a line drive dead right. He yelled fore but it was too late... I wasn't 40 yards away from him. Stuff happens.

A buddy of mine took one off the noggin like this once. A guy hitting from an opposing tee shanked his drive. Knocked my bro right TFO. He swears he never heard a "fore" but the guy who hit it swears he yelled out.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big problems is that you aren't going to be able to get through prime hours on a course without running into a bunch of assholes that just naturally start shit. This is the infamous incident around my parts:

Golf rage incident 'extremely stupid'

the guy who got hit in the head's life was basically ruined. It's a nice public course but it's loaded with assholes who suck and take the shit too seriously for their skill level.

I hate slow play just as much as the next guy but I handle it politely.

No excuse for that. After the guy from the course got involved the group in front offered to let them play through. But supposedly there were groups in front of them, so that would not have helped. So there was nowhere to go.

At that point, the group behind should have just stfu and waited, or headed for the parking lot. I've played with guys like that, when it was crowded and it looked like the group in front was doing too much dicking around, who'd bitch about them dicking around. But if it's stacked, don't worry about what the group on front of you is doing. They're waiting too.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just have her take your drives.
not a bad idea. I will let her take a cut from the women's tees, but essentially have her pick up and play from where I am.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on how busy the course is. If it's stacked, and someone hits into me, I've been known to hit it back.
We were getting pushed by the group behind us several times. We would have let them play through but we were always waiting on the group in front of us. The 4th time they hit into use we all dropped a ball and hit back at them. We had discussed it after they hit into 2nd and third time. They got the message and we didn't have another problem on the course. Now in the bar after the round there were words and puffed chest but that's about it.