• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Injury Discussion

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they hold off until September when they expand rosters
I think it depends on how his first rehab start goes (and when he makes that first rehab start) and how desperately the team wants to fill that 5th starter spot with someone besides Ty Blach or Casey Kelly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how his first rehab start goes (and when he makes that first rehab start) and how desperately the team wants to fill that 5th starter spot with someone besides Ty Blach or Casey Kelly.
My WAG is that they want to give Kelly a few starts to see what they got with him. They want to allow Rodriguez to hit the wall to see how he responds. They are probably close to shutting down Suarez. Blach is a swing man, period moving forward.

They will need him for innings.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I see it, you need to clear space for Strickland here pretty soon. You're not going to send Suarez, Rodriguez or Moronta down, and you probably should keep Black as well. It wouldn't make much sense to cut Kelly either (no options). So that probably leaves Blach.

After that, Shark is not worthy to send anyone down for so you may as well wait.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, you need to clear space for Strickland here pretty soon. You're not going to send Suarez, Rodriguez or Moronta down, and you probably should keep Black as well. It wouldn't make much sense to cut Kelly either (no options). So that probably leaves Blach.

After that, Shark is not worthy to send anyone down for so you may as well wait.
I assume that d'Arnaud has no options left. He is the only position player I could see going down unless there are no options on him.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense, but I cannot see that happening. But maybe it does.

Yeah it's definitely not happening, but at this point it probably makes the most sense if these guys were robots. He's redundant with d'Arnaud crushing lefties and Hanson crushing righties. Those two guys also both lack options and can play multiple positions. Panik is stuck at 2B and isn't hitting and frankly hasn't looked gold-glove worthy in the field.

He's kinda just redundant and Bochy is playing him as such.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodriguez hurts himself during the altercation as the Giants' rotation continues to fall in shambles.

At least it's not arm related

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodriguez hurts himself during the altercation as the Giants' rotation continues to fall in shambles.

At least it's not arm related
And like I said in the other thread, at least it is mild. This may be the excuse the Giants need to give his arm some rest but still having him pitch in September.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said in the other thread, at least it is mild. This may be the excuse the Giants need to give his arm some rest but still having him pitch in September.
You may be right. But I would like to see how far he could go before hitting his wall.

I am sure the coaches know about his capabilities better than me, though.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was thinking that as well, but OTOH I just hope this doesn't linger. Plus we need him right now

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking that as well, but OTOH I just hope this doesn't linger. Plus we need him right now
Need him for what? Playoffs aren't happening.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how long he's been sitting on that injury (cannot open the article).

Edit: I cannot find this anywhere else (i.e. MLB Trade Rumors, SFGiants.com, ESPN, Baseball Reference). Is this a legit article?
“You know me pretty well,” Posey told a reporter, “and I don’t want to make any excuses for anything. It’s been something I’ve kind of pushed through and played through a little bit.”