• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT 04/22 Midget Bats @ Mighty Rox

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose a tough game 2-1

Bumgarner was fantastic and deserved a win tonight. Pence hit a HR . What could be bad news is that it looks like Pagan might have tweaked something in his leg or knee. A hang with em' ballgame.

Bum and Tulo players of the game.

Go Giants !!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pagan is hurt, I wonder what the chances of Brown getting a call to play a few games? He has looked very good so far in Fresno this year.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^~%~@$^~%!

Giants now 13 for their last 95 with RISP, (.137)

Two weeks ago, they were hitting .393 with RISP

Now they are hitting .237 for the season with RISP

Bum needs to keep dealing, he's our only hope on the mound, or at the plate.

Tulo making it hard to go 5.5 hole tonight.
They were also leading MLB in HR's. Shit that didn't last long.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all going sideways for the Giants right now.

Lost their second series in a row.

1-19 with RISP this series

2-32 with RISP on the road trip

Now 3-9 when not scoring first (when scoring first, 8-1)

18 errors in 21 games (on pace for 139 errors)

Good pitching, no hitting. Bad pitching, no hitting. Doesn't seem to matter.

Hitting .204 the last 11 games.

Rox had some nice defense tonight, but still, scoring 3 runs in two games at Coors?

Giants' hitters are (a) in a slump, (b) not as good as we had hoped, (c) injured?

Hoping for a win tomorrow. Going to be exciting to see if Cainer can keep the balls in the yard.

Othen than BoB who is usually wearing his Orange and Black sunglasses (not a bad thing) Stokes' seems to pretty well sum up what this board is feeling at the moment. Only scoring 3 runs at Coors is indicitive of the state of our offense. You just can't win without scoring. Now we have Pagan as a question mark. I love our SP, at least for the first 3 in the rotation then we move into the 'let's see what happens here' mode. I'd love to see both Timmy and Voggy return to form but so far it's been very touch and go with both of them. A weak offense behind very strong SP at least keeps us in the game. A weak offense behind pitchers who are stuggling just about always leads to a disaster. I also feel that what we see on the field is what we'll have for the remainder of the year. Maybe another pickup in the mid-season but not much else. We're not the Doggies, RedSux or Spankees. These guys seem to have the cash and the desire to retool as much as needed if they think they can reach the playoffs. I just don't see us uin that mode. I still think we have a playoff caliber team but I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk by any standard of measurement ... The day to day status of Pagan is what worries me most ....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to sweep a good team...let's see if we're any good today...

I do think Colorado is a good team, better than recent past due to finally getting some arms. 3rd best in the division, at least.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Othen than BoB who is usually wearing his Orange and Black sunglasses (not a bad thing) Stokes' seems to pretty well sum up what this board is feeling at the moment. Only scoring 3 runs at Coors is indicitive of the state of our offense. You just can't win without scoring. Now we have Pagan as a question mark. I love our SP, at least for the first 3 in the rotation then we move into the 'let's see what happens here' mode. I'd love to see both Timmy and Voggy return to form but so far it's been very touch and go with both of them. A weak offense behind very strong SP at least keeps us in the game. A weak offense behind pitchers who are stuggling just about always leads to a disaster. I also feel that what we see on the field is what we'll have for the remainder of the year. Maybe another pickup in the mid-season but not much else. We're not the Doggies, RedSux or Spankees. These guys seem to have the cash and the desire to retool as much as needed if they think they can reach the playoffs. I just don't see us uin that mode. I still think we have a playoff caliber team but I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk by any standard of measurement ... The day to day status of Pagan is what worries me most ....

In watching the game last night on MLB.com, did I detect Pagan favoring his left hand or wrist? On the catch he made near the wall where he took charge of it over Perez, he looked like he was protecting it (his glove hand) like the last thing he wanted was for Perez to touch it. He also looked very tentative with it at the plate. Any word or opinion on this?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In watching the game last night on MLB.com, did I detect Pagan favoring his left hand or wrist? On the catch he made near the wall where he took charge of it over Perez, he looked like he was protecting it (his glove hand) like the last thing he wanted was for Perez to touch it. He also looked very tentative with it at the plate. Any word or opinion on this?

Same here .... I'm watching everything via MLB or hearing it through the board. Some people here indicated that he was limping at one point (I didn't see that though). I also agree that he looked very tentative at the plate. A wrist injury is what came to my mind as well ....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here .... I'm watching everything via MLB or hearing it through the board. Some people here indicated that he was limping at one point (I didn't see that though). I also agree that he looked very tentative at the plate. A wrist injury is what came to my mind as well ....

My read is his left knee. It looked like he was favoring it.