• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread Lions vs Eagles......

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ..... I just read this whole thread, and I almost wish I hadn't ...... WAAAAAAAY too much knee-jerk reaction nonsense in here ..... lol ......

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is not knee jerk, is that they go to Minnesota next week to play a Vikings team that may not have Adrian Peterson and where it won't be snowing.
No letdowns and they will be 9-5.

So much for having 8 wins win the division.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks that SF won. Kicks Philly back out of the playoffs if Dallas wins tomorrow night

hope NO wins tonight to get Carolinas 4th loss of season. Would still been nice to get last wildcard spot if we were to lose to Dallas in last week season

but most likely only way Eagles get in, will be the division

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reactions were justified. kelly was horrible in the 1st half. the lions came out with a solid gameplan and they executed. if not for fumbles, they could have easily put up more than the 8 they had. kelly came out with a plan he was going to use regardless, and they couldn't do a damn thing.

in the 3rd quarter, the eagles were trailing 14-0 and facing a 3rd and 11 with about 5 minutes left. foles was able to hit jackson for 12 with a low throw that was barely complete. if they didn't convert that, chances are they wouldn't have got the ball back until around the start of the 4th. then cooper made a circus type catch and he was lucky enough to find jackson barely in bounds in the back of the endzone. it all could have easily gone wrong.

even though he was great in the 2nd half, kelly still butchered some of it up. not only did he straight kick to ross after he already returned a punt, but he did it again after he returned a kickoff as well! he set the lions up around midfield, down 8. fortunately, the lions turned it over on that snap/fumble.

the announcers mumbled a half joke about just kicking it out of bounds. all they had to do was line it down the field and let it skip and die in the snow.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was outstanding again today - basically they only gave up what, six points? Even in the snow, that's really good against a strong offensive team like the Lions

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ..... I just read this whole thread, and I almost wish I hadn't ...... WAAAAAAAY too much knee-jerk reaction nonsense in here ..... lol ......

I know, right? I was gonna say something but decided not to since I don't post here often.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this entire thread- in hindsight it was almost as entertaining as the game was!

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I was making the same complaints during the first half and had pretty much given up on this game as well. I ran out to run a quick errand when it was 14-6 and came home to find the score 22-30!

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense was outstanding again today - basically they only gave up what, six points? Even in the snow, that's really good against a strong offensive team like the Lions
...and that was a 20 yard drive.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reactions were justified. kelly was horrible in the 1st half. the lions came out with a solid gameplan and they executed. if not for fumbles, they could have easily put up more than the 8 they had. kelly came out with a plan he was going to use regardless, and they couldn't do a damn thing.

in the 3rd quarter, the eagles were trailing 14-0 and facing a 3rd and 11 with about 5 minutes left. foles was able to hit jackson for 12 with a low throw that was barely complete. if they didn't convert that, chances are they wouldn't have got the ball back until around the start of the 4th. then cooper made a circus type catch and he was lucky enough to find jackson barely in bounds in the back of the endzone. it all could have easily gone wrong.

even though he was great in the 2nd half, kelly still butchered some of it up. not only did he straight kick to ross after he already returned a punt, but he did it again after he returned a kickoff as well! he set the lions up around midfield, down 8. fortunately, the lions turned it over on that snap/fumble.

the announcers mumbled a half joke about just kicking it out of bounds. all they had to do was line it down the field and let it skip and die in the snow.

Agree to disagree. It was just that -- one half of football. Too many people are clearly still emotionally scarred from the Reid era. Chip has already shown, on numerous occasions, that he can (and will) adjust on the fly to win a football game. This was no different.

Although I can understand questioning the play calling -- I'll never get the mass of people who wanted to put Vick in ..... holy balls that would have been a train wreck.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a tough game to watch Soul, alot of back and forth, wasted series on offense, and yes a lot of knee jerk reactions...:yahoo:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first time that they had been trailing that late in a long time. It wasn't until the 4th quarter that they exploded. That's a long time to bitch.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first time that they had been trailing that late in a long time. It wasn't until the 4th quarter that they exploded. That's a long time to bitch.

Well Soul hit it on the head, 10 years of watching a coach refusing to make adjustments has some fans a little unease, plus and a big plus, if the damn defense gets you that ball back they need to score, its the defense that has been the so called crap part of this team (not of late though) give them some brownie points and score off that turnover....

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago 45 - Dallas 28

The FIRST PLACE Philadelphia Eagles and #3 in the NFC playoff picture.

Could they possibly have a TWO game lead after next week?