• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME THREAD: 2-26-15, Warriors @ Cavs, 5:00 pst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this definitely as a STATEMENT GAME. My guess is that if you questioned NBA experts as to who they feel will make it to the NBA finals that more people pick the Warriors and Cavs than any other two teams. Everyone's healthy and playing well for both teams. This is going to be a hell of a game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this definitely as a STATEMENT GAME. My guess is that if you questioned NBA experts as to who they feel will make it to the NBA finals that more people pick the Warriors and Cavs than any other two teams. Everyone's healthy and playing well for both teams. This is going to be a hell of a game.

This game really showed the Warriors for the "pretenders" they are. They have become very stale and soft and very beatable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero effort on defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six straight free throws missed by the team in the 4th quarter. Gutless performance.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these 2 teams do happen to make it to the finals, I can see it going 7 games....and based on records right now the Dubs have that 7th at home....which would make all the difference.

Still a long way to go though. I like their chances...as long as they stay healthy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what an overreaction (for the most part) on this thread. The Warriors have been getting very poor output from Klay Thompson since before the all-star break, play which continued in last night's game. Also, Bogut shot the ball very poorly, missing very short shots around the goal.

Also, this was not at all a normal night shooting for Lebron James, swishing home jumper after jumper from way outside. This was the Cavs 18th win in 20 games. I do now believe that they are the team to beat in the East unless the Hawks can match up with them. When a guy like Lebron gets it going like he did from outside (and he always can drive for buckets) there's not much a team can do. The cavs are definitely gelling.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat of the night: Warriors "out-assist" the Cavs 32-15. So much for stats, huh?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what an overreaction (for the most part) on this thread. The Warriors have been getting very poor output from Klay Thompson since before the all-star break, play which continued in last night's game. Also, Bogut shot the ball very poorly, missing very short shots around the goal.

Also, this was not at all a normal night shooting for Lebron James, swishing home jumper after jumper from way outside. This was the Cavs 18th win in 20 games. I do now believe that they are the team to beat in the East unless the Hawks can match up with them. When a guy like Lebron gets it going like he did from outside (and he always can drive for buckets) there's not much a team can do. The cavs are definitely gelling.

The problem was that no one on the Ws even came close to being able to defend Lebron. HB's defense is something that looked like he was playing JR HS defense and Draymont isn't strong enough or quick enough. I wonder about paying Draymont 12 mil for essentially a high energy, solid tweener. That is the big question going forward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Warriors haven't been the first team to not be able to guard James (for one game when he was very hot, even from outside). Perhaps Iggy playing more against James to defend him more would turn out a better result.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Warriors haven't been the first team to not be able to guard James (for one game when he was very hot, even from outside). Perhaps Iggy playing more against James to defend him more would turn out a better result.

You got to double team. That's the poison you pick imho.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double team. Yeah, I was going to mention that option. But, not if he's not hitting the outside shot like he did against the Dubs. Maybe double him some of the time, but I don't think so if he's hitting his shot like he did against us the other night. It's not like the Cavs don't have others who can score or that Lebron can't find the open man out of a double team. I just think it was a game where the Dubs got no calls (half of the # of FTs) and Lebron rarely missed from outside. You can't win all of the games, especially on the road, where you did not play good defense, and when one guy goes nuts.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a regular season game, there is not much you can do. But if in a 7 game series, I would double team Lebron almost always. Allowing him to score in an easy breazy, no hassle sort of a way isn't wise. He is a willing passer and will find the open man, but somehow allowing him go get his way I don't think is a winning strategy. He is so strong that few in the league can handle him, I would rather Shumpert or Mozgov get an easy score than having Lebron not even breaking a sweat. You have got to attack Lebron and the only way to do so is by double teaming. HB is not a stellar defender by any stretch and Lee and Green just cant handle and even Iggy one on one doesn't do the trick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are some examples where Lebron was held to his average or below without being double teamed. He scored 14 more points above his average against the Dubs. I'm not positive that a team cannot make adjustments during the game if they're unable to contain James again. Is this how most teams guard him?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs and esp Lebron are playing at their best. We got the Cav's best shot and lost. The Warriors didn't play their best which definitely does not help. This is a game where I'm not disappointed, but a better showing against them would have been preferable.

Gutless performance is a bit strong for my taste. Lethargic/Underwhelming would be more appropriate.