• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 38 - Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers(1-5-16): 7:30pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major props to the entire 4th line for really getting the party started with their energy, physical play and puck possession in the offensive zone.

The entire second line and Ghost took it from there, amazingly. Couturier and Schenn got two and you can thank Ghost for two more.

The first line had plenty of chances too, just could never quite cash in. Voracek is due for a whole pile of goals here soon.

It is the third line that still leaves a lot to be desired.

The final score doesn't show it, but this was a pretty dominant performance last night. If you could say our boys show flashes of brilliance at times, this was definitely one of them, to me.

The physicality and puck pressure were there for the vast majority of the night. Only a few cheap penalties got us in trouble, so the discipline and penalty killing can be better. While we didn't technically give up a power play goal, we let them score a couple shortly afterwards due to momentum swings and failed clears.

While the defense looks pretty solid, Schenn definitely appears to be the weak link with his limited mobility and puck skills. It seems to me that we need to keep rotating out one defenseman each and every game. At least the they'll stay fresh.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major props to the entire 4th line for really getting the party started with their energy, physical play and puck possession in the offensive zone.

The entire second line and Ghost took it from there, amazingly. Couturier and Schenn got two and you can thank Ghost for two more.

The first line had plenty of chances too, just could never quite cash in. Voracek is due for a whole pile of goals here soon.

It is the third line that still leaves a lot to be desired.

The final score doesn't show it, but this was a pretty dominant performance last night. If you could say our boys show flashes of brilliance at times, this was definitely one of them, to me.

The physicality and puck pressure were there for the vast majority of the night. Only a few cheap penalties got us in trouble, so the discipline and penalty killing can be better. While we didn't technically give up a power play goal, we let them score a couple shortly afterwards due to momentum swings and failed clears.

While the defense looks pretty solid, Schenn definitely appears to be the weak link with his limited mobility and puck skills. It seems to me that we need to keep rotating out one defenseman each and every game. At least the they'll stay fresh.
Streit is by far the weakest link on our D right now with Schultz not far behind . Schenn was playing solid hockey until he switched and started playing with Ghost. He just isn't fast enough to play with a guy like ghost who isn't playing well in the defensive end right now. It is time to get our pairs back to where they were before Streit came back and maybe move him.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Streit at all. He's just getting his feet wet here after a long recovery from injury. He was our best defenseman in October, so I don't think he's suddenly our worst. At least Schultz is blocking more shots than everyone else, I'll give him that. These are two crafty, older veterans that know what they're doing out there.

To me, Schenn just isn't good enough defensively for a guy who never does anything offensively.

And yes, by third line, I obviously meant Umberger, Laughton and Read. They're terrible, but the other lines were mostly rolling yesterday.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind Streit at all. He's just getting his feet wet here after a long recovery from injury. He was our best defenseman in October, so I don't think he's suddenly our worst. At least Schultz is blocking more shots than everyone else, I'll give him that. These are two crafty, older veterans that know what they're doing out there.

To me, Schenn just isn't good enough defensively for a guy who never does anything offensively.

And yes, by third line, I obviously meant Umberger, Laughton and Read. They're terrible, but the other lines were mostly rolling yesterday.
To me Streit has been replaced by Ghost as our offensive defenseman and father time. His lack of offense at this point and his lack of any defense whatsoever (doesn't block shots doesn't hit and is slow) has become expendable as is Schenn.
Shultz is definitely blocking more shots but Schenn is hitting a lot more than Schultz and blocks shots also. All in all I think I just made a good case for the young dman to get up here as fast as they can.