• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a smart, smart man and doubtless have a smoother marriage than I do. I exchange permission to play golf over New Years with my brother-in-law for 3 "chick flicks" during the year. My wife has already burned two so far in 2010 -- It's Complicated and Eat, Pray, Love. I fucking HATE chick flicks. Like watching a doyer/yankee WS.

Which is part of what makes a movie like 'Bull Durham' so awesome. Great flick, with just enough chick bullshit in it to count as a chick flick.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are a smart, smart man and doubtless have a smoother marriage than I do. I exchange permission to play golf over New Years with my brother-in-law for 3 "chick flicks" during the year. My wife has already burned two so far in 2010 -- It's Complicated and Eat, Pray, Love. I fucking HATE chick flicks. Like watching a doyer/yankee WS.

I absolutely refused to see eat, pray, love. The real story behind the book is an example of the type of self-indulgent, fuck anyone else's feelings, search for meaning crap that I detest. Told the wife to make it a girls night out, and I'd stay home. I think we ended up seeing either The Expendables, or Inception.:D

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely refused to see eat, pray, love. The real story behind the book is an example of the type of self-indulgent, fuck anyone else's feelings, search for meaning crap that I detest. Told the wife to make it a girls night out, and I'd stay home. I think we ended up seeing either The Expendables, or Inception.:D

Mine actually had the audacity to try to get me to see Sex and the City with her....unsuccessful, to say the least. Girls night out.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is part of what makes a movie like 'Bull Durham' so awesome. Great flick, with just enough chick bullshit in it to count as a chick flick.

True. Problem is that those only get made about once a decade.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither of us wanted to see the Expendables -- and the reviews on it were atrocious. I really enjoyed Inception, but I really liked Momento too. The wife found it a bit confusing.

I manage to dodge most of the heinous chick flicks: SATC, Showgirls, etc. But I do have to see my fair share of "It's Complicated" dreck. I think the last one was Julie and Julia...awful.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine actually had the audacity to try to get me to see Sex and the City with her....unsuccessful, to say the least. Girls night out.

Any attached dude who willingly goes to see shit like that should IMMEDIATELY be punched in the balls.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Neither of us wanted to see the Expendables -- and the reviews on it were atrocious. I really enjoyed Inception, but I really liked Momento too. The wife found it a bit confusing.

I manage to dodge most of the heinous chick flicks: SATC, Showgirls, etc. But I do have to see my fair share of "It's Complicated" dreck. I think the last one was Julie and Julia...awful.

Yeah, I actually didn't want to see The Expendables, can't remember exactly how it went down, but I think another female companion who appreciates action films tipped the balance to that film. Typical compromise decision.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any attached dude who willingly goes to see shit like that should IMMEDIATELY be punched in the balls.

Tall order. Likely to miss such a small target.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually didn't want to see The Expendables, can't remember exactly how it went down, but I think another female companion who appreciates action films tipped the balance to that film. Typical compromise decision.

Poop occurs, brother.

Poop occurs.

Compromise is latin for "marriage."

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girl friend's favorite movie is Crank. Last month, my buddy had a bunch of couples over and the guys played his arcade system while the girls watched a movie. My friend and I went out into the living room and asked the girls what they were watching. My lady rolled her eyes and said, "Kate and Leopold. Can I play video games with you guys?" Two weeks ago, she had the choice of any movie out right and picked "The Town" for us. At least I got that going for me.

"The Town" is a very poor man's "Heat" in Boston, by the way.

ElJimador

Keepin it Real
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can anyone help me process how to feel about Bengie Molina's Rangers poised to win the AL, thanks in a large portion to him?

And how that could be our opponent if we continue to do well and get lucky vs the Phillies?

I think Bengie could be a good secret weapon for the Giants. I see him giving the Rangers' hitters a lot of advice about how the Giants will pitch them based on how he used to call games here, so that when they go up there expecting fastballs in fastball counts and get the offspeed stuff instead they will corkscrew themselves into the ground.

I was kinda hoping for the Yankees but really you can't be picky about these things. The Giants still have a long way to go themselves and as long as they get there I really don't care who they play.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My girl friend's favorite movie is Crank. Last month, my buddy had a bunch of couples over and the guys played his arcade system while the girls watched a movie. My friend and I went out into the living room and asked the girls what they were watching. My lady rolled her eyes and said, "Kate and Leopold. Can I play video games with you guys?" Two weeks ago, she had the choice of any movie out right and picked "The Town" for us. At least I got that going for me.

"The Town" is a very poor man's "Heat" in Boston, by the way.

You got a winner, my friend.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a winner, my friend.

Thanks. I think so, too. We'll see how things change after marriage (though I don't see her taste in movies changing, maybe just her workout regiment), but I'm hopeful for a happy union much like you fine gentlemen have.

I agree that Benjie could end up unwittingly helping the Giants, too. However, they need two more wins. Go get 'em!