• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Full Schedule is Released Tonight

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to it, a bit surprised at the number of prime time games already, with maybe one or two more when the full schedule comes out. I think the Nagy effect is in play here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, we play the Lions on T-Day. Not crazy about that, even tho it makes for a nationally televised game. But I have the NFL package from DirecTV, so I don't miss any of the games regardless.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now that I reviewed it a bit more thoroughly, I have some likes and dislikes with this schedule.

LIKE: I actually like having to play the Packers on opening day and on national TV. Everyone and his grandmother will have the Pack blowing us out of the water. I think the pressure will be on THEM to do just that.
DISLIKE: Four of our last six games, including the final two, are on the road.

LIKE: OTOH, we'll have one stretch in mid-season where home cooking will factor large. In a five week stretch we play four home games.
DISLIKE: Our bye is too early. Only four weeks of play before the bye, leaving 12 weeks thereafter without a break.

LIKE: If we have to play such powerhouses as the Patriots and Rams, at least we get them at home.
DISLIKE: The aforementioned game at Detroit on T-Day. We often host the fam for this day and it's tough to keep up with the game while doing the turkey thang. Plus no matter how good or bad the Lions are, they always seem to get extra pumped up for that particular match.

LIKE: Overall, this seems like a schedule that can produce a .500 record, maybe even better.
DISLIKE: Why do we always seem to get the Vikes at the end of the season in their house? They're a dome team, which is the same as a warm weather team, and it would be nice to have them visit us in late December.

WEIRD: We play all four AFC East games in consecutive weeks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, we play the Lions on T-Day. Not crazy about that, even tho it makes for a nationally televised game. But I have the NFL package from DirecTV, so I don't miss any of the games regardless.

I love that. Love me some Bears on Thanksgiving.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now that I reviewed it a bit more thoroughly, I have some likes and dislikes with this schedule.

LIKE: I actually like having to play the Packers on opening day and on national TV. Everyone and his grandmother will have the Pack blowing us out of the water. I think the pressure will be on THEM to do just that.
DISLIKE: Four of our last six games, including the final two, are on the road.

LIKE: OTOH, we'll have one stretch in mid-season where home cooking will factor large. In a five week stretch we play four home games.
DISLIKE: Our bye is too early. Only four weeks of play before the bye, leaving 12 weeks thereafter without a break.

LIKE: If we have to play such powerhouses as the Patriots and Rams, at least we get them at home.
DISLIKE: The aforementioned game at Detroit on T-Day. We often host the fam for this day and it's tough to keep up with the game while doing the turkey thang. Plus no matter how good or bad the Lions are, they always seem to get extra pumped up for that particular match.

LIKE: Overall, this seems like a schedule that can produce a .500 record, maybe even better.
DISLIKE: Why do we always seem to get the Vikes at the end of the season in their house? They're a dome team, which is the same as a warm weather team, and it would be nice to have them visit us in late December.

WEIRD: We play all four AFC East games in consecutive weeks.

I would much rather get the GB road game in week 1. No film on our new offense. Chance to take them by surprise in a multitude of different ways. We have to play them there anyways. Might as well make it then.

AFC East consecutively is so odd...

Don't like the early bye. Don't like finishing in Minny for the 3rd straight year. Don't like 4 of our last 6 on the road.

Don't like that the late schedule is stacked up with our toughest games. However, if I had to choose. I'll take a lighter first half and a chance to build some confidence. Polar opposite of last year when our first half schedule was ridiculous.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1: at Packers — Sept. 9 (SNF)
Week 2: vs. Seahawks — Sept. 17 (MNF)
Week 3: at Cardinals — Sept. 23
Week 4: vs. Buccaneers — Sept. 30
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: at Dolphins — Oct. 14
Week 7: vs. Patriots — Oct. 21, 12 p.m.
Week 8: vs. Jets — Oct. 28, 12 p.m.
Week 9: at Bills — Nov. 4
Week 10: vs Lions — Nov. 11
Week 11: vs. Vikings — Nov. 18
Week 12: at Lions — Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving)
Week 13: at Giants — Dec. 2
Week 14: vs. Rams — Dec. 9
Week 15: vs. Packers — Dec. 16
Week 16: at 49ers — Dec. 23
Week 17: at Vikings — Dec. 30

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like that the late schedule is stacked up with our toughest games. However, if I had to choose. I'll take a lighter first half and a chance to build some confidence. Polar opposite of last year when our first half schedule was ridiculous.

Good way of looking at it rich. Not only build some confidence, but just get to know the playbook a little better, especially on the O side.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely digging the early bye. This offense will probably not be firing at all cylinders out of the gate. Good time to self eval on what's working, what can be improved, streamline, etc while the season still has a shot at being a playoff one. This is a young team with a young QB in a tough division. I wouldn't expect more than 8-8, but there's real intrigue here for the first time in a long time.