• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frustrating season

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we start over. ? This is painful to watch. Our starting pitching just looks old. Our hitters look awful. It's bad when I'm watching a game and get excited to see Jay or Lastella come up, Our defense continues to give up free bases. 18-19. Hopefully we will all look back and say this was just a rough stretch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a long season. They will be fine. They need to get healthy and make some adjustments to the lineup.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a long season. They will be fine. They need to get healthy and make some adjustments to the lineup.

Healthy yes but I'm not sure who our best lineup is anymore. I will say this for Kyle S- he is hitting .190 but he has cut down on his Ks recently.

Bryant and Rizzo - of course they are in there. Rizz is a proven hitter.

Zobrist- ??? - I have seen him roll over so many pitches this year. He will go 0 for 3 games and then have a 3 hit game

Addy- has to be in there. So much better when he uses the whole field

Contreras- he is a better hitter than he has shown. His defense has been awful.

Heyward - who knows. Started good but cooled off

Almora- everytime Im ready to say he is an everyday CF he swings at bad pitches

Jay- just a solid hitter

Lastella- See Jay

Candy- I have never seen much out of this guy yet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almora should be the everyday CF. He is a rookie and will have normal rookie growing pains. I know he didn't get enough ABs to lose rookie eligibility last year, although he might have been on the roster 5-10 days too many to be technically considered a rookie this year.

I'm interested in their plans for Happ. I really didn't expect to see him up until late in the year if at all. He makes for a lot of interesting lineup options. They could move Bryant to LF, Javy to 3B and have Happ at 2B. They could play Happ in LF. Either of those would be better than is currently being run out there.

Schwarber has been bad outside of a few weeks when he was first called up and a few playoff games. He is hitting .219/.338/.430 for his career now. He is a worse fielding Adam Dunn and it is going to prove to be a huge mistake to have no traded him when his value was at it's peak this off-season.

Maddon will get things worked out and they will be fine. You don't win the division in May.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no Zobrist for you?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zobrist will hit like he always does. He's a utility guy not an everyday guy. He should be bounced around between LF, RF and 2B to give guys a day off. If you're going to make him an everyday guy then LF is the spot he belongs with this roster.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now it looks like we have a bunch of 7 hole hitters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger problem than the hitting is the defense. They have given up 25 unearned runs! Last year they gave up 45 unearned runs all season.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contreras will get better hopefully with more experience. He has made some bad throws but I'm also noticing the wild pitches. I know wild pitches go on the P but good catchers take care of a lot of them. His technique needs to get better. What scares me is our staff isn't Wood, Prior, Z , Clement. Jake can be tough to catch because he is erratic but Lester, Kyle,Lackey not so much.

Rizzo is just off to a bad start all the way around.Baez, like Contreras, tries to do too much.