• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

from lake lewis

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington released veteran CB Orlando Scandrick today and it is because coach Jay Gruden has so much faith in his younger defensive backs. He had high praise today for guys like Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Danny Johnson and even Adonis Alexander, who has only been a Redskin for a minute.

But it’s not just the release of Scandrick that illustrates this point.

Consider the current roster: the number of key free agents is not that high compared to years past. QB Alex Smith, CB Josh Norman, LB Zach Brown, safety D.J. Swearinger and WR Paul Richardson make up the most recently-signed free agents who will definitely start. Most of the rest of the projected starters are players either drafted by Washington or who came into the league (via the nation’s capital) as undrafted college rookies.

Note this point: the rest of the offensive line (Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff, Chase Roullier and Morgan Moses) and RBs Chris Thompson, Rob Kelley and Samaje Perine all elucidate the aforesaid point. Then there’s OLBs Preston Smith and Ryan Kerrigan; D-linemen Daron Payne, Jonathan Allen and Matt Ioannidis; safeties Deshazor Everett and Montae Nicholson; and tight ends Jordan Reed and Jeremy Sprinkle… these guys were all drafted by the Redskins or entered the league with the Redskins as undrafted rookies.

Even the veterans that are on the team, except Smith, are relatively young and many are home grown. This is how good teams do things,

best point he has made all camp

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of homegrown talent. I would really feel a lot better if by some miracle Breeland was brought back, but from all reports he was a pain in the ass to have in the locker room.

I guess the young guys look good. I'm not at camp so I dont know.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of homegrown talent. I would really feel a lot better if by some miracle Breeland was brought back, but from all reports he was a pain in the ass to have in the locker room.

I guess the young guys look good. I'm not at camp so I dont know.

Why? He was far from stellar last season & has had some injury concerns since (they may now be in the past but who knows). I like the spirit of the article in this thread. Keep developing your own guys & IMO that would include not re-signing guys you previously didn't want. This type of situation generally doesn't work out well. I say stick w/ the younger guys & give it some time.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have DRC than Breeland. That said we are one Norman injury (no jinx) away from having Dunbar and Moreau on the outside. That could get ugly. Everyone is down on Norman it seems and I don't know why. Sure he drops interceptions but the Chiefs couldn't move the ball on us last year until Norman went down. Those four games he missed......you could feel his absence.

I just want another vet in here.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive sign that we are building this team with young players. I’m sure there will be some growing pains but hopefully the final product will be what we have long awaited. I really like the direction the defense is headed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
develop our own , keep what we like discard what we dont like

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DRC rumor I heard was from Chris Russell. I don't put a lot of stock in him, although he said he got it from somewhere else. Today Ben Standig said he thinks they are going to roll with the young guys …. flip a coin.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DRC rumor I heard was from Chris Russell. I don't put a lot of stock in him, although he said he got it from somewhere else. Today Ben Standig said he thinks they are going to roll with the young guys …. flip a coin.

roll with the young guys , you got rid of fuller because you thought you had depth . and truth be told , so far FM stroman , dunny johnson have all looked good and adonis just needs some seasoning .

if you have an injury , sign a guy but lets play a few preseason game more and see how they work out