• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavarres King- Viking
Kony Ealey- Cowboys
Jordan Matthews- Patriots

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavarres King- Viking
Kony Ealey- Cowboys
Jordan Matthews- Patriots

Kony Ealey reminds me Jarvis Moss so much. Moss got himself 1st round consideration after his great bowl game to close out his college career and for Ealey it was his Super Bowl performance that got teams thinking maybe he finally turned things around. So teams keep giving him chances but the reality is he is at best a backup.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams release Kayvon Webster

COME HOME KAYVON!!! COME HOME!!! I BEG YOU! COME HOME!!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kony Ealey reminds me Jarvis Moss so much. Moss got himself 1st round consideration after his great bowl game to close out his college career and for Ealey it was his Super Bowl performance that got teams thinking maybe he finally turned things around. So teams keep giving him chances but the reality is he is at best a backup.

Yeah, Ealey is like that 1-2 good games a year player.

As a Florida fan it was crazy to me that Moss ever got first round consideration. The Florida DL dominated Ohio State in the national title and BOOM Jarvis Moss has a good game and suddenly he is a first round guy. To me Moss was more of a 4-5th round guy who worked his way into a 3rd rd after the bowl game. Not round 1.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ealey is like that 1-2 good games a year player.

As a Florida fan it was crazy to me that Moss ever got first round consideration. The Florida DL dominated Ohio State in the national title and BOOM Jarvis Moss has a good game and suddenly he is a first round guy. To me Moss was more of a 4-5th round guy who worked his way into a 3rd rd after the bowl game. Not round 1.

Definitely one of the worst picks in the Shanahan era.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird cause as a Florida fan as much as I liked Florida guys going to Denver we took guys like Jarvis Moss, Travis McGriff, that just simply weren't good in college.

Now Marcus Thomas. I LOVED that pick in round 4. Wasn't quite what I was hoping it would be, but wasn't bad either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints signed Cameron Meredith to an offer sheet.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams release Kayvon Webster

COME HOME KAYVON!!! COME HOME!!! I BEG YOU! COME HOME!!!!
Instead of screaming at him on here you could just text him...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toviesse, Middlebrooks, Nash, and Clarret come to mind too.

Toviesse was a bad one though. His knee injury prevented him from ever play but he was a reach and a trade up at the time.

Middlebrooks was very good in college.

Nash was good in college, slight reach in round 1

Clarett- Was a pure gamble. If we didn't have the extra comp pick I don't think we do that but still stupid. Although I backed it when we did it, so easy for me to say now. ;)

Trading up for Richard Quinn is the one that irks me the most. Yeah, it was round 3, but to me the guy was no better then a rd 6-7 pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toviesse, Middlebrooks, Nash, and Clarret come to mind too.

There have definitely been other bad picks. The Clarrett one doesn't bother me as much as others. It was a 3rd round pick. While valuable yes it doesn't hurt as much as when a 1st round pick busts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason why Moss especially bothers you and I, Carl is because the guy was a one game wonder in college. Most of the other guys listed had good college careers with one have a very good college season cut short by stupidity.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason why Moss especially bothers you and I, Carl is because the guy was a one game wonder in college. Most of the other guys listed had good college careers with one have a very good college season cut short by stupidity.

"You and me" you bumbler.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayvon did express to me just now that he would like to return to Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is definitely tough to take. This is why I hate ever using a 1st round pick on a guy that is based purely on potential. If they couldn't consistently produce in college then it is tough for me to see them reaching that potential in the NFL. Yes it happens every once in a while but the vast majority just never put it all together.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kayvon did express to me just now that he would like to return to Denver.

I will say that a lot of players that leave Denver have realized how good of an organization this really is. They have a top training facility. I'm told they have some of the best food in the entire NFL. The training staff/medical staff are top notch. There is just a lot to like about being a Denver Bronco. I don't blame them for chasing starting opportunities or more money than what the Broncos would offer but there is definitely something to say about being in a place where you enjoy coming into work.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is definitely tough to take. This is why I hate ever using a 1st round pick on a guy that is based purely on potential. If they couldn't consistently produce in college then it is tough for me to see them reaching that potential in the NFL. Yes it happens every once in a while but the vast majority just never put it all together.

That is why a pick like Al Wilson felt really good to me when we took him. People let him slide based on measureables, but the guy was a beast in college for 4 years. One of those guys who it felt like he played college for 12 years because he left a mark every game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that a lot of players that leave Denver have realized how good of an organization this really is. They have a top training facility. I'm told they have some of the best food in the entire NFL. The training staff/medical staff are top notch. There is just a lot to like about being a Denver Bronco. I don't blame them for chasing starting opportunities or more money than what the Broncos would offer but there is definitely something to say about being in a place where you enjoy coming into work.

Speaking of food. I've got a friend who is friends with the guy who supplies the team their bacon. :)

But yeah agree, you hear of a lot of guys who seem to want to return.

Just thinking of a few who have return (and yes, every team has their list) but

Keith Burns returned 3 times
Ian Gold returned after a big contract with Tampa
Eric Decker wants to return
Kayvon now
Vance Johnson (was traded to Minnesota, cut and came right back, then next year signed with San Diego, was ut and came back to finish his career)
Tatum Bell returned after be traded to Detroit
Tyrone Braxton returned after a year in Miami

Who else has returned or has wanted to return? I know I am missing some who publicly stated it.
I wanna say Zane Beadles wanted to return.