• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Formula E

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just turned it on in time to see the start of heat three at Miami.

And not ten seconds after I did, they started excitedly talking about the "fan boost", which allows anyone with an Internet connection to vote and the top three vote getters are given a 5 second "boost" of power to use during the race.

It's supposed to be a demonstration of the future of racing and automotive technology. It's aim is to prove that it is possible to build a reliable and fast race car using only electric technology.

And they turned it into American Idol.

I won't be getting emotionally involved in this. I will watch the technology, but not the races.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. The race was on FoxOne and Andretti Autosport has a huge involvement. I watched a couple of laps. Definitely different that is for sure. The cars sound really different. Sort of like the turbine cars of Andy Granatelli back-in-the-day only a bit louder.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a Formula E race (or do they call it a GP?). What network is it on?

They call it an ePrix

Yea. The race was on FoxOne and Andretti Autosport has a huge involvement. I watched a couple of laps. Definitely different that is for sure. The cars sound really different. Sort of like the turbine cars of Andy Granatelli back-in-the-day only a bit louder.

Sound was wicked. Tires and motors squealing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree forty_three. I was curious as to why those cars sounded so strange and then the series name and the electrical idea came together. I liked the fan participation component that allows for driver and team additions. Pretty interesting series.