• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former UFC Champ Matt Hughes airlifted after his truck was hit by a train

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't sound good. Hopefully it wasn't a suicide attempt. Hughes is my favorite MMA fighter of all time and had the best walk up music for his fights

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't sound good. Hopefully it wasn't a suicide attempt. Hughes is my favorite MMA fighter of all time and had the best walk up music for his fights
I loved Hughes along with some other big time wrestlers who entered the octagon. First was Dan Severn and probably my favorite was Mark Coleman ( A Buckeye of course).

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know what to make of this. Hopefully we dont start losing MMA guys to anything other than steroids and prison.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked Hughes, but I felt bad when I heard about this.

Then I learned about all the shit he brags about in his autobiography and it seems my initial impression sold him short. He just might be the biggest asshole ever. Fuck him.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Hughes along with some other big time wrestlers who entered the octagon. First was Dan Severn and probably my favorite was Mark Coleman ( A Buckeye of course).
I saw Hughes and Severn fight(not each other) back in 2000 on the WEF 9:World Class card. That card had Dan Severn, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Jens Pulver, Conan Silveira and Carlos Newton on it but the only fighter that was well known at the time was Severn. It was a fun card that was topped off perfectly with Severn taking the belt from Silveira via triangle choke in the 1st round. Nobody knew back then wtf happened at the end of the fight because nobody knew shit about Bjj. lol

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Hughes and Severn fight(not each other) back in 2000 on the WEF 9:World Class card. That card had Dan Severn, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Jens Pulver, Conan Silveira and Carlos Newton on it but the only fighter that was well known at the time was Severn. It was a fun card that was topped off perfectly with Severn taking the belt from Silveira via triangle choke in the 1st round. Nobody knew back then wtf happened at the end of the fight because nobody knew shit about Bjj. lol

I loved Rich Franklin. One of my favortes back in the day, some mma fans probably do not remember this guy, or are new to mma, was Oleg Taktarov. I loved learning and training his discipline of "Sambo." Knowing both Russian Sambo and BJJ was a nice combo to have going into tournaments.

taktarov-abbott1-300x195.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good buddy that went to Hughes's gym to help him train for an upcoming fight. My buddy claims that Hughes is one of the fakest people he ever met. That drugs were being sold out of the gym, and was a general piece of shit. I found that disappointing. Always liked Hughes before that.

My buddy also flew out to spar with Dan Henderson when Hendo was training to fight Fedor. He says Hendo was a cool as they come and probably the biggest badass my buddy had ever met. That made me feel good because Hendo had always been my all time favorite fighter.

My buddy hasn't fought in a few years, but he was undefeated in the amateur ranks.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Rich Franklin. One of my favortes back in the day, some mma fans probably do not remember this guy, or are new to mma, was Oleg Taktarov. I loved learning and training his discipline of "Sambo." Knowing both Russian Sambo and BJJ was a nice combo to have going into tournaments.

taktarov-abbott1-300x195.jpg
Ahh yes I remember Oleg(The Russian Bear). He was trained in Sambo and Judo if I remember correctly? Was it UFC 5 or 6 in the pic you posted when he choked out Tank Abbott to win the tournament? I remember Oleg's marathon fights with Shamrock and Severn way back in the early days too but who could forget his fight(boxing match) with Ivan Drago(Dolph Lundgren) which he won? lol

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good buddy that went to Hughes's gym to help him train for an upcoming fight. My buddy claims that Hughes is one of the fakest people he ever met. That drugs were being sold out of the gym, and was a general piece of shit. I found that disappointing. Always liked Hughes before that.

My buddy also flew out to spar with Dan Henderson when Hendo was training to fight Fedor. He says Hendo was a cool as they come and probably the biggest badass my buddy had ever met. That made me feel good because Hendo had always been my all time favorite fighter.

My buddy hasn't fought in a few years, but he was undefeated in the amateur ranks.

I have always liked Hendo too. You could always tell he was a good guy from his interviews and even his fighting style in a weird way mirrors his personality. His picture should be in the dictionary next to the word "fighter".

Funny story about Dan told by Chael Sonnen...

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh yes I remember Oleg(The Russian Bear). He was trained in Sambo and Judo if I remember correctly? Was it UFC 5 or 6 in the pic you posted when he choked out Tank Abbott to win the tournament? I remember Oleg's marathon fights with Shamrock and Severn way back in the early days too but who could forget his fight(boxing match) with Ivan Drago(Dolph Lundgren) which he won? lol
I think it was UFC 5 in this photo.