• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those that carry the pitchforks

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are talking to Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins and Jimmy Graham. Now that they cant complain that we aren't aggressive enough in FA what chirping will we hear? Back to the strength and conditioning coach complaints?

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see...TT gone, Capers gone, talking to notable FA's, and you mentioned strength and conditioning.

That still leaves McCarthy, Janis not playing every position, and the Packers not winning every game.

:2cents:

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked to FAs in past years. Just wouldn't come up with the $$ to sign many.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind kicking the tires to see if those players are willing to play in Green Bay for a good price. Losing your mind and splurging on diva UFA receivers just because the previous regime was a tick tight-fisted is going to flip this team into a clusterf- in a heartbeat.

Personally, I like that the TT regime had a price cap and if the player/agent went over that cap, the player took his services elsewhere instead of handcuffing the Packers with boated cap hits for risky/average players.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked to FAs in past years. Just wouldn't come up with the $$ to sign many.
I dont know that I have seen the team speak to this many big name FAs in the TT era.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god 16 mill per season for Watkins. Glad we didnt sign him.

ARob in Chicago will be interesting. I like their new coach Nagy so they might finally have some offensive firepower if Trubisky is the real deal

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins....gone, Robinson......gone, Talks were about Graham......now it's Ed Dickson. No change. Same ole TT shit. I would have traded Cobb'd contract for Robinson's. Watkins got too much. Sources say Graham should be around 7mil per year. We should be able to handle that contract considering the only TE we have is fucking Kendricks. Wlikerson should not have been able to leave WI without a contract imo

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins....gone, Robinson......gone, Talks were about Graham......now it's Ed Dickson. No change. Same ole TT shit. I would have traded Cobb'd contract for Robinson's. Watkins got too much. Sources say Graham should be around 7mil per year. We should be able to handle that contract considering the only TE we have is fucking Kendricks. Wlikerson should not have been able to leave WI without a contract imo

Watkins and Robinson both come with risk - and those risks are amplified by the amount of money they signed for. There's minimal chance either of those guys end up being worth the money those teams spent. Additionally, both guys' games are a lot like Adams'. Complete teams need complimentary pieces, not an abundance of the same pieces.

Jordy, Cobb and Adams are a solid trio of receivers when healthy and each have good chemistry with Rodgers. Yes, Jordy and Cobb seem to have lost a step and struggle to get separation now, but the smart way to replenish the supply is to hit on draft picks rather than overpay for players their previous teams didn't think were worth retaining.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I hope Gut can hit on most of his draft picks because we have a big need a TE, RG, OLB, CB, depth at T, Wr, G and S. Granted the FA market was weak and players are getting overpaid but we have too many holes to fill in just the draft. MN will have a stacked team this coming year after tentatively signing Cousins and if we want to compete we need to make moves and fill this roster out. I still can't believe Nelson an Cobb haven't been restructured to open more cap space

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers to sign Jimmy Graham to a 3 year deal according to Shefter.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE locked up. Now they need to restructure a couple of people and get Trumaine Johnson in the damn building already

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I hope Gut can hit on most of his draft picks because we have a big need a TE, RG, OLB, CB, depth at T, Wr, G and S. Granted the FA market was weak and players are getting overpaid but we have too many holes to fill in just the draft. MN will have a stacked team this coming year after tentatively signing Cousins and if we want to compete we need to make moves and fill this roster out. I still can't believe Nelson an Cobb haven't been restructured to open more cap space

I certainly agree that restructuring Nelson and Cobb would be in the best interest of the organization, but there's also other tricky dimensions to player contracts, restructuring and player relations we as the general public are unaware of. ...Much easier said than done and sometimes it's better to just work with status quo than create more problems with alternatives.

The Vikes have holes to fill too, and they're coming up on a situation like Seattle had a few years ago when all the young talent they were dominating with on their rookie contracts needed to either get paid or exiled. And with Cousins eating up $30M/y of their cap, it's going to be difficult to keep everyone together and happy. Minnesota has maybe a 3-year window and a tough division to battle through.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE locked up. Now they need to restructure a couple of people and get Trumaine Johnson in the damn building already

I wouldn't call TE locked up. Graham should certainly help open up the passing game, but he's a garbage run blocker. So is Kendricks.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Ed Dickson is still a possibility. So is resigning RR. I'm guessing they will try to resign Nelson to a cheaper deal but we will see

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson isn’t worth 15 mill per season

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson signed a one year prove it deal

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Johnson would have added some athleticism to the defensive backfield but 15 mill is insane. Mo for a base salary of 5 mill is awesome.

Wish we could have restructured Jordy but alas he wasn’t up to it. Good luck to him