• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those banging the table for a RB at 13

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to misunderstand what the complaints are about. Yes, we mishandled the KC situation from the beginning; however, the complaints come in the trade for Alex Smith. Alex Smith the FA would be getting far less complaints.

Choices-

1- you have KC, plus Kendall Fuller, plus your third round pick for 5 million more cap dollars per season.

2- you have Alex Smith, no third rounder, and how much do you think an equal cap figure is for the top slot corner in the NFL...but you save five million at the QB position plus add the difference between Fuller and an equal replacement

3- get a cheap FA such as Teddy Bridgewater saving a lot against the cap, keep Fuller, and your third. Remember, the argument was always KC isn’t worth the price and we can’t sign other players.

Yep - I get it. I guess I am just not the type who wants to dwell on the past forever. You could be rt about all of this, but you can't undo any of this. Also - don't have an issue with Skindad's reply. If folks want to complain about certain things non-stop - fine - I will focus elsewhere. NP - different strokes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? I am stating that they need to draft another D lineman. I am just saying that add another quality lineman & having a healthy Allen will make the defense much better. Is there a problem in stating that?

Whoops - my bad - I used the word incorrectly. I meant to say that it just makes it advisable to draft DL in the draft.

Haha...all good. I agree we are in desperate need of another DL.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to misunderstand what the complaints are about. Yes, we mishandled the KC situation from the beginning; however, the complaints come in the trade for Alex Smith. Alex Smith the FA would be getting far less complaints.

Choices-

1- you have KC, plus Kendall Fuller, plus your third round pick for 5 million more cap dollars per season.

2- you have Alex Smith, no third rounder, and how much do you think an equal cap figure is for the top slot corner in the NFL...but you save five million at the QB position plus add the difference between Fuller and an equal replacement

3- get a cheap FA such as Teddy Bridgewater saving a lot against the cap, keep Fuller, and your third. Remember, the argument was always KC isn’t worth the price and we can’t sign other players.

1. I understand that folks don't want to admit to being wrong, but now there is evidence that the deal wasn't going to get done as so many hung onto year after year. I knew after the failed/reported attempt to get a new deal with Kirk completed PRIOR to the 2015 season, (go ahead and search engine it) that he was not going to ever sign a LTD here. How?, Well, because this team was not going to give the guy what he wanted, and he was never going to agree to a contract that favored the team in the later years of said contract. Once the tag came into play because he was playing well (during the 2015 season) this turkey was cooked. So no Kirk but we keep Fuller and our 3rd rounder.

2. Agreed, last line of my response #1 affirms this.

3. We (you and I) put forth alternatives to Kirk that would have done exactly this. However, while I agree that a few here thought the price for KC was too high, there were others who argued his time here was drawing to a close. I think that's it's wayyyyy off base to turn this into an love Kirk/Alex, hate Kirk/Alex situation when in truth the focus must remain on the machinations of our front offices, who must bear responsibility for what happens for and against this team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I understand that folks don't want to admit to being wrong, but now there is evidence that the deal wasn't going to get done as so many hung onto year after year. I knew after the failed/reported attempt to get a new deal with Kirk completed PRIOR to the 2015 season, (go ahead and search engine it) that he was not going to ever sign a LTD here. How?, Well, because this team was not going to give the guy what he wanted, and he was never going to agree to a contract that favored the team in the later years of said contract. Once the tag came into play because he was playing well (during the 2015 season) this turkey was cooked. So no Kirk but we keep Fuller and our 3rd rounder.

2. Agreed, last line of my response #1 affirms this.

3. We (you and I) put forth alternatives to Kirk that would have done exactly this. However, while I agree that a few here thought the price for KC was too high, there were others who argued his time here was drawing to a close. I think that's it's wayyyyy off base to turn this into an love Kirk/Alex, hate Kirk/Alex situation when in truth the focus must remain on the machinations of our front offices, who must bear responsibility for what happens for and against this team.

There are those that truly disliked KC. I don’t dislike AS...I dislike how he came here and believe we are a terrible fit for how he plays...no defense and no run game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are those that truly disliked KC. I don’t dislike AS...I dislike how he came here and believe we are a terrible fit for how he plays...no defense and no run game.

But apparently it is totally possible to not like a player, and yet still be fair and unbiased when evaluating or commenting on said player.

I admit Im not a fan of Smith, never have been. So yes I am likely to judge him on the ABS scale for as long as he is in DC.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I admit to... always thinking Smith was underrated but not liking how he came here - the kind of trade we made was a trade for a team that's a QB away from competing for an NFC Championship. A team like we are should not trade a top young CB with 2 more years on his 3rd round draft pick contract (!!!) and a valuable pick for a 33/34 year old QB and then give him a 4 year extension - particularly at a high-end rate. We're basically the same team we were last year that went 7-9 - except we're older. I would have taken a chance with a Teddy Bridgewater (assuming he passed physical) with 2nd choice being Bradford and draft a 3rd round QB to develop behind him. I'd admit to the fans that this is a developmental year and we're shooting for 2019.