• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers so far

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's my dman power rankings for the flyers

1. timonen
2. schenn
3. meszaros (when/if healthy)
4. coburn
5. streit
6. grossmann
7. gustafsson
8. bourdon (when/if healthy)
9. gervais
10. lauridsen

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems fun and i dont feel like working right now.. so.. the forwards

1. giroux
2. voracek
3. lecavalier
4. hartnell
5. read
6. simmonds
7. couturier
8. schenn
9. talbot
10. laughton
11. hall
12. rinaldo
13. mcginn
14. noebels
15. akeson
16. rosehill

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loved Gus down the stretch. He looked great, and he can only get better. I can see Gustafsson becoming a top 4 guy. I also liked Lauridsen, but I really can't see him becoming anything more than a bottom pairing D.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely loved Gus down the stretch. He looked great, and he can only get better. I can see Gustafsson becoming a top 4 guy. I also liked Lauridsen, but I really can't see him becoming anything more than a bottom pairing D.

I think Mike Milbury thought the same way about Zdeno Chara back in the day.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Chara is much more of an exception for what players like Lauridsen become

I don't think Lauridsen will become as good as Chara, but he does bring some Chara-esque qualities to the ice. Even a poor man's Chara is going to make a major impact IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1: Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

2: Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds

3: Talbot-Couturier-Read

4: Laughton-Hall-Rinaldo

I feel that this is how it will have to shape out, but there's a lot of flexibility in the roster. If Hartnell struggles out of the gate, I wouldn't be surprised to see ANY of the second liners put in his place on the top line with Giroux and Voracek, at least for a brief period to spark the offense. Hall was great on faceoffs for us last season. I think it's clear that he's the fourth line center. The third line can provide a lot of energy and shut down opposing scorers, plus Read could pop up to the second line also to change things up offensively. He will get plenty of power play time still regardless. The only dispute among the 12 starters for me is who will win that last left wing position.

The defense is pretty straight forward other than possibly the pairings. Our top six are obvious, but you could assume that one of them will soon be gone as we're about $2 million over the cap right now.

Assuming Meszaros gets shipped off for cap purposes, I have the following defense:

1: Schenn-Timonen

2: Coburn-Streit

3: Grossmann-Gustafsson

I didn't plan it this way purposely (alright, maybe I did...), but you basically have a big, strong, physical defensive defenseman paired with a small, offensive, puck-moving defenseman in every pairing. It's very balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only need four centers obviously and yet we have six or seven guys that can play center, so there is a lot that Laviolette can do to switch up the lines for more offense.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1: Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek

2: Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds

3: Talbot-Couturier-Read

4: Laughton-Hall-Rinaldo

I feel that this is how it will have to shape out, but there's a lot of flexibility in the roster. If Hartnell struggles out of the gate, I wouldn't be surprised to see ANY of the second liners put in his place on the top line with Giroux and Voracek, at least for a brief period to spark the offense. Hall was great on faceoffs for us last season. I think it's clear that he's the fourth line center. The third line can provide a lot of energy and shut down opposing scorers, plus Read could pop up to the second line also to change things up offensively. He will get plenty of power play time still regardless. The only dispute among the 12 starters for me is who will win that last left wing position.

The defense is pretty straight forward other than possibly the pairings. Our top six are obvious, but you could assume that one of them will soon be gone as we're about $2 million over the cap right now.

Assuming Meszaros gets shipped off for cap purposes, I have the following defense:

1: Schenn-Timonen

2: Coburn-Streit

3: Grossmann-Gustafsson

I didn't plan it this way purposely (alright, maybe I did...), but you basically have a big, strong, physical defensive defenseman paired with a small, offensive, puck-moving defenseman in every pairing. It's very balanced.

We only need four centers obviously and yet we have six or seven guys that can play center, so there is a lot that Laviolette can do to switch up the lines for more offense.

I feel the same as you, I paired up the skilled dmen with the physical dmen for balance. Also felt that the Flyers have a lot of depth at center, not so much at wing, so it felt odd putting the lineup together having the players play their natural positions. Probably better if some of the centers become wingers.