• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers SportsHoopla v2.8

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first position listed is the one they get classified as. So, yes, you can move a C/W to wing, but he will still take up one of your six center slots.

Guys like Carter and O'Reilly seem to be really valuable to me because they are listed first as wingers, but are regularly winning a high amount of faceoffs.

FFF, didn't you win the league last season? You should know this already...Lol
Yeah I sure did wouldn't have been close if I knew the rules haha....just kidding!

The pool was also set up a little different scoring wise maybe I'm looking at the wrong screen but last year everything converted to points and it added up each day in the week. I can't tell whats going on. We used to also get daily reports...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I sure did wouldn't have been close if I knew the rules haha....just kidding!

The pool was also set up a little different scoring wise maybe I'm looking at the wrong screen but last year everything converted to points and it added up each day in the week. I can't tell whats going on. We used to also get daily reports...

I personally thought the scoring was a little odd last season and this is more what I was used to previously. Instead of having stats convert to points, we're just counting stats straight-up and head to head. That is simpler, to me. You don't need to gauge what is more valuable, you just try to win more categories than the other guy.

On a side note, my B team has 46 points with 3 days left in this week. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought the scoring was a little odd last season and this is more what I was used to previously. Instead of having stats convert to points, we're just counting stats straight-up and head to head. That is simpler, to me. You don't need to gauge what is more valuable, you just try to win more categories than the other guy.

On a side note, my B team has 46 points with 3 days left in this week. Ridiculous.
Yeah I'm sure we'll all figure it out but right now I have no clue how my guys are doing overall. It's hard to read if they're stinking the joint or not. Points are points but it would be nice to know an overall based on their production under all categories.

Are we getting scored on by the day or week? Sorry for the Q's but I have no idea whats happening haha!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm sure we'll all figure it out but right now I have no clue how my guys are doing overall. It's hard to read if they're stinking the joint or not. Points are points but it would be nice to know an overall based on their production under all categories.

Are we getting scored on by the day or week? Sorry for the Q's but I have no idea whats happening haha!

You may need to change the settings under your account so that you can see the stats for each player for every stat that we are counting. Some of the stats are definitely not necessarily the norm, but I intended on having a lot more teams and needing to use 3rd and 4th line players, so guys that gave blocks, hits and PIMs still had value.

The matchups are weekly and the categories you win are cumulative. So, all of the stats your team produced throughout the week matter after the games on Sunday and everything resets for the next matchup on Monday.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, get this:

My Staunton Sharks have 67 points from 71 games played this week among my skaters. 16 more are starting today. The next best week by any team this season was 55 points.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, get this:

My Staunton Sharks have 67 points from 71 games played this week among my skaters. 16 more are starting today. The next best week by any team this season was 55 points.

I'm still trying to figure out how I am in 4th......:lol:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

no trade proposals?
with all these categories for points,I see everyone holds on to their guys.
I'm use to goals,assists,penalty minutes and blocks only for players,and wins,shutouts,gaa,and save % for goalies
4th will aim for 4th,and go from there.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

no trade proposals?
with all these categories for points,I see everyone holds on to their guys.
I'm use to goals,assists,penalty minutes and blocks only for players,and wins,shutouts,gaa,and save % for goalies
4th will aim for 4th,and go from there.

Well, it's also not easy to trade because you can't have more than 6 C, 8 D or 3 G. Most one for one trades may still require someone (or both) to drop another player to make it work.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sent my second trade proposal last night!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am in the market to improve my goaltending. not for tarasenko though :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, did you send me a trade proposal????

:noidea:

i don't remember who i sent them to haha. but i've sent 4-5. i got real frustrated that my team kept losing but nobody accepted any trades. now my goalies are on fire :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't remember who i sent them to haha. but i've sent 4-5. i got real frustrated that my team kept losing but nobody accepted any trades. now my goalies are on fire :)

I think you're fine in net. I mean, virtually any goalie that is getting a large majority of the starts has significant value. Even if he's on a bad team, he can help you win shots against and saves. Goalies like that are still available in free agency even.

Hell, even Fleury, Talbot and Condon were available recently. These guys are current starters on playoff teams.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being in last I need to improve a lot
Bishop,Gibson or Hellerbuyck for the right offer

There are several better players in free agency (even after it's been picked over) than many on your team. I mean Jenner and Pominville? They each play on great teams, but have been very unproductive. Raanta is nice, but he's still the backup to Lundqvist, absolutely. He just won't get enough starts to matter.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several better players in free agency (even after it's been picked over) than many on your team. I mean Jenner and Pominville? They each play on great teams, but have been very unproductive. Raanta is nice, but he's still the backup to Lundqvist, absolutely. He just won't get enough starts to matter.

Still have to replace a lot.Just recently dropped 3 dmen and replaced,and Raanta is only picked up while Bishop on IR

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, who wants to do this again? I sent invites.