• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flex decision for week 1

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This league has standard scoring with the exception of a 2 point bonus for 100 yard either rushing or receiving.

Originally I was planning to leave Gio Bernard on the bench given his tough match-up vs. the Bears and uncertain workload split with BJGE. Now that his stock continues to rise, however, I think I may have to start him.

The choice is between Bernard and Golden Tate. Who would you guys choose and why?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This league has standard scoring with the exception of a 2 point bonus for 100 yard either rushing or receiving.

Originally I was planning to leave Gio Bernard on the bench given his tough match-up vs. the Bears and uncertain workload split with BJGE. Now that his stock continues to rise, however, I think I may have to start him.

The choice is between Bernard and Golden Tate. Who would you guys choose and why?

I am having a similar debate in the B league, between Gio and emanuel sanders... since i dont think there is a difference between sanders and tate, then my advice to you is the same as me... to start Gio... the way i see it gio is safer...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am having a similar debate in the B league, between Gio and emanuel sanders... since i dont think there is a difference between sanders and tate, then my advice to you is the same as me... to start Gio... the way i see it gio is safer...

I agree that is a pretty similar call. Thing is, I could see any 1 of those guys putting up a serious dud. Week 1 decisions are always the hardest. When in doubt, go with the touches, right? Besides, if the Bears are ahead, BJGE should be on the sidelines for sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

According the stats on my ESPN.com homepage for my Growlers fantasy team, Emmanuel Sanders faces the Titans who rank 24th in points allowed, meaning that they allow about the ninth most points in the NFL to fantasy WRs. I'd start Emmanuel Sanders ahead of Gio Bernard.

As for Gio vs. Golden Tate, I might be inclined to start Gio, even though I'm a Seahawks fan. The fact that the Panthers gave up the 5th fewer points to WR combined with the fact that the Seahawks attempted the fewest passes in the NFL last year makes me think that Tate won't have a ton of opportunities to produce yards and TDs. Yeah, I'd probably start Gio over Golden Tate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According the stats on my ESPN.com homepage for my Growlers fantasy team, Emmanuel Sanders faces the Titans who rank 24th in points allowed, meaning that they allow about the ninth most points in the NFL to fantasy WRs. I'd start Emmanuel Sanders ahead of Gio Bernard.

As for Gio vs. Golden Tate, I might be inclined to start Gio, even though I'm a Seahawks fan. The fact that the Panthers gave up the 5th fewer points to WR combined with the fact that the Seahawks attempted the fewest passes in the NFL last year makes me think that Tate won't have a ton of opportunities to produce yards and TDs. Yeah, I'd probably start Gio over Golden Tate.

Yeah. It is tough because I am really high on Tate. If the Panthers are unable to stop Seattle's run game, Tate is going to be blocking a lot.

Anybody willing to take the other side? Right now Gio's lead is growing.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start Gio without hesitation over both Sanders and Tate because of the higher floor and equivalent ceiling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd start Gio without hesitation over both Sanders and Tate because of the higher floor and equivalent ceiling.

Wil,

I was already counting your vote on the Gio side after you picked him at 39. :lol:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

me too... except I don't think there's an equivalent ceiling.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too... except I don't think there's an equivalent ceiling.

OK. You guys certainly haven't talked me out of starting Gio. I am feeling a lot better about that decision now.

The draft for this league was done the first week of August. At that time, I thought my team was much better than my week 1 opponent. Since a couple of his guys (Wilson and Lacy) have gained a ton of value since the draft, it now looks like I am a pretty severe underdog. I will need a big week from Gio.