• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flavored beers,,,

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it goes even further, I don't like dark beer either, if I want syrup i'll eat pancakes!
This is an odd comment. Dark beers aren't necessarily even thick. Not sure if you are trying to say they are sweet or not.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which...

anyone had that Banana Bread Belgian? My wife ordered one (I swear it wasn't me) and it was surprisingly good.
A lot of Belgian yeast gives off strong banana notes. There's a good chance there isn't any flavoring added.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an odd comment. Dark beers aren't necessarily even thick. Not sure if you are trying to say they are sweet or not.

A little humor is odd? I don't like dark beers, I don't want my beer to taste like nuts or berries or chocolate or any other shit they put in all these different beers. I am old, I want my beer to taste like beer. Gimme a cold PBR or an Old Milwaukee over any of these fancy look at me i'm a hipster beers people drink these days.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little humor is odd? I don't like dark beers, I don't want my beer to taste like nuts or berries or chocolate or any other shit they put in all these different beers. I am old, I want my beer to taste like beer. Gimme a cold PBR or an Old Milwaukee over any of these fancy look at me i'm a hipster beers people drink these days.
Dark beers often are made of barley, hops, yeast, water, and nothing more.

Having a beer with more flavor is hardly a look at me thing for most people, but that's a different argument that I don't care to bother with.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that would be a bold undertaking, I think.
It's fairly popular among a lot of die hard home brewers. I'm only making one or two batches a year these days. Not that I couldn't throw an extra effort in there.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark beers often are made of barley, hops, yeast, water, and nothing more.

Having a beer with more flavor is hardly a look at me thing for most people, but that's a different argument that I don't care to bother with.

I apologize if i've hurt your feelings in some way, wasn't intentional.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite flavor of beer is beer flavor

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, if you're drinking a PBR, you're drinking a hipster beer (unless PBR became too popular for hipsters...not sure). I mean, I drink PBR when I go to a certain bar, because they're $2, and it's just kind of a tradition now, I suppose.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, if you're drinking a PBR, you're drinking a hipster beer (unless PBR became too popular for hipsters...not sure). I mean, I drink PBR when I go to a certain bar, because they're $2, and it's just kind of a tradition now, I suppose.

HAHA, PBR a hipster beer? You mean the beer my dad and uncles all drank in the 60's & 70's? My dad and his seven brothers didn't give a fuck what was popular they drank PBR, because it tastes like beer, it's strong and it was cheap. A lot of people where I grew up in St. Paul Minnesota have always drank PBR and still do. You may need to look up the definition of hipster...

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA, PBR a hipster beer? You mean the beer my dad and uncles all drank in the 60's & 70's? My dad and his seven brothers didn't give a fuck what was popular they drank PBR, because it tastes like beer, it's strong and it was cheap. A lot of people where I grew up in St. Paul Minnesota have always drank PBR and still do. You may need to look up the definition of hipster...
Uhh...I don't. Hipsters starting drinking PBR because it was cheap, and wasn't "mainstream" like Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc. Is PBR still cool? America's hipster beer is slowing down

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
029120f0c9b91a149a73549e90d57ba519709596888b473f26641fa8422b4a44.jpg

Reactions: gob

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh...I don't. Hipsters starting drinking PBR because it was cheap, and wasn't "mainstream" like Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc. Is PBR still cool? America's hipster beer is slowing down

I don't hang around hipsters so I did not know that they were drinking PBR. Funny when i'm at the bar I don't ever see someone under the age of probably 40 ordering Pabst and as I stated my family and lots of people I grew up with have been drinking PBR for decades so it's not a hipster beer. Also the link was CNN so...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not wrong...all the metro-sexurals in NYC with handlebar mustaches be ordering it because it's somehow ironic, or some shit.

I don't mind a PBR occasionally, it's still one of the cheapest beers out there if you get it at the grocery, but I'm not about to order an 8$ one at the bar

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong...all the metro-sexurals in NYC with handlebar mustaches be ordering it because it's somehow ironic, or some shit.

I don't mind a PBR occasionally, it's still one of the cheapest beers out there if you get it at the grocery, but I'm not about to order an 8$ one at the bar

Eh, so I was wrong, dammit I need to befriend some hipsters so I can keep up with their fads en shit! I apologize for not knowing it was/is a hipster beer, you see I was stealing my dads PBR out of the garage fridge in 1983 so to me it's always been a beer people drank...