• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fixing the offense

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Theories I've heard:

-Urban isn't giving Wilson enough space to do his thing. UM should let Wilson run his offense and stop meddling.

-JT is the problem. Bench him and use a new QB.

-The offense needs to be simpler like JT's freshman year

-WR's are the problem. No elite WR's when we need 2 or 3.

-Getting away from the run too much

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? Theories I've heard:

-Urban isn't giving Wilson enough space to do his thing. UM should let Wilson run his offense and stop meddling.

-JT is the problem. Bench him and use a new QB.

-The offense needs to be simpler like JT's freshman year

-WR's are the problem. No elite WR's when we need 2 or 3.

-Getting away from the run too much

A little bit of all those theories probably but some bigger than others. We have to bring back the power run game. Our damn offensive line is ginormous. They struggle in pass protection against quicker d linemen but you don't need to be to fast to shove it down the other teams throat. We did that for our first possession of the 2nd half and marched right down the field. OU had no answer for Dobbins or Weber before he got hurt when we just ran it right at them. Re-establishing the power run game and getting away from all this cute rollout and sweep shit will make JT's job and the receivers so much easier

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my solution to fix this and fast. Run a 2 QB system, which we can still run tempo. I would have JT and Burrow in run and pass offense package and possibly use both on field same time for some plays to throw defense off. Next game vs Army, use Burrow and get his arm ready for the duration of the season. The offense is stale and very predictable. Urbs needs to let Wilson do his thing and also needs to see what our other QBs are made of?
All this being said, this resembles 2014 in many ways. The team didn't click until midway through the season. We are fortunate enough to experiment for the next few games to see what we have both offense and defense. JT is a solid player, just a horrible passer anything over 10 yds. Use him in certain packages. Burrow or Haskins? They are the more accurate passers. Utilize what you have.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my solution to fix this and fast. Run a 2 QB system, which we can still run tempo. I would have JT and Burrow in run and pass offense package and possibly use both on field same time for some plays to throw defense off. Next game vs Army, use Burrow and get his arm ready for the duration of the season. The offense is stale and very predictable. Urbs needs to let Wilson do his thing and also needs to see what our other QBs are made of?
All this being said, this resembles 2014 in many ways. The team didn't click until midway through the season. We are fortunate enough to experiment for the next few games to see what we have both offense and defense. JT is a solid player, just a horrible passer anything over 10 yds. Use him in certain packages. Burrow or Haskins? They are the more accurate passers. Utilize what you have.

Is Burrow healthy?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow has shown great flashed the little bit I've seen of him. I'll trust the staff to put the best foot forward and play the right players tho