• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Years

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not the opening Bowie song on Ziggy Stardust. It's the first time in five years the Bears opened training camp without at least one player on the PUP list. Will miracles never cease?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you were gonna say Roquan signed a 5 yr contract...……….:gaah:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping you were gonna say Roquan signed a 5 yr contract...……….:gaah:
Would have been nice, but no rook ever gets more than 4 years and frankly, I find the PUP news more crucial at this point than Roquan's contract, which should be finished by next week at the very latest. I was sick and tired of every year wondering who was already out before camp even commenced.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would be about our 5 year rebuild.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would’ve been a lot shorter if we never hired Emery/Trestman. Those two were fucking awful. It’s like their goal was to fail.

I don't count that as apart of the rebuild. Due to the fact that heading out of the Lovie era - we were never rebuilding. Even if we should have been... Emery was all systems go on spending every penny available and our draft picks in order to win now.

Which makes sense... considering the age of our QB and the remaining D players we had left. It was just the way we went about it which not only blew up in our face in the short term, but wound up being even worse for the long term.

I consider the rebuild as the moment Emery/Trestman were canned, Pace being hired and beyond that. 15, 16, 17 and now 18.

You could almost call them the Lovie era, Post-Lovie Era (in between with Emery/Trestman) and then the Pace era.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't count that as apart of the rebuild. Due to the fact that heading out of the Lovie era - we were never rebuilding. Even if we should have been... Emery was all systems go on spending every penny available and our draft picks in order to win now.

Which makes sense... considering the age of our QB and the remaining D players we had left. It was just the way we went about it which not only blew up in our face in the short term, but wound up being even worse for the long term.

I consider the rebuild as the moment Emery/Trestman were canned, Pace being hired and beyond that. 15, 16, 17 and now 18.

You could almost call them the Lovie era, Post-Lovie Era (in between with Emery/Trestman) and then the Pace era.
You’re just splitting hairs. The rebuild should’ve started when lovie was canned. The fact that it didn’t is on the Bears front office. I consider it to be 2012. They were still drafting for the future and they failed miserably. I can see why you would delay it to 2015, but that’s too forgiving to the front office for me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re just splitting hairs. The rebuild should’ve started when lovie was canned. The fact that it didn’t is on the Bears front office. I consider it to be 2012. They were still drafting for the future and they failed miserably. I can see why you would delay it to 2015, but that’s too forgiving to the front office for me.

I don't think I'm splitting hairs. Just pointing out that it wasn't a rebuild. It was a total tits first attempt at winning in that moment and time. That's very much the opposite of rebuilding. Hindsight is 20/20... so yeah... no shit we should have rebuild. Knowing what we know now. However, we had a QB in his prime that we were 3 years removed from mortgaging our future for.

We had just come off a 10 win season. With a defense that was still top 5 (I believe) and still had guys like Peanut and others on that side playing at a high level. We had just traded for Marshall and drafted Jeffery (we had those two in Lovie's final year). If you remember, the Lovie firing was all about the failure to make the post-season in those 2011 and 2012 years after our ridiculously hot starts. It was all about finding a way to get over that hump. This was not a "strip it down" firing.

The more I reflect on where we were after that 2012 season. I actually cannot find one good reason we should have been rebuilding. We did the right thing. We just did it in a horribly catastrophic manner. A competent GM and HC probably finds a way to at least keep us in contention.

Those off-seasons were not apart of this rebuild we are currently in. They were the reason for them. I mean, it was a totally different front office. Nobody from those two Emery/Trestman seasons was left beginning in 2015. Ownership cleaned house of our upper management and brought in Accorsi as a consultant to hit the reset button.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm splitting hairs. Just pointing out that it wasn't a rebuild. It was a total tits first attempt at winning in that moment and time. That's very much the opposite of rebuilding. Hindsight is 20/20... so yeah... no shit we should have rebuild. Knowing what we know now. However, we had a QB in his prime that we were 3 years removed from mortgaging our future for.

We had just come off a 10 win season. With a defense that was still top 5 (I believe) and still had guys like Peanut and others on that side playing at a high level. We had just traded for Marshall and drafted Jeffery (we had those two in Lovie's final year). If you remember, the Lovie firing was all about the failure to make the post-season in those 2011 and 2012 years after our ridiculously hot starts. It was all about finding a way to get over that hump. This was not a "strip it down" firing.

The more I reflect on where we were after that 2012 season. I actually cannot find one good reason we should have been rebuilding. We did the right thing. We just did it in a horribly catastrophic manner. A competent GM and HC probably finds a way to at least keep us in contention.

Those off-seasons were not apart of this rebuild we are currently in. They were the reason for them. I mean, it was a totally different front office. Nobody from those two Emery/Trestman seasons was left beginning in 2015. Ownership cleaned house of our upper management and brought in Accorsi as a consultant to hit the reset button.
Honestly, man. I don’t care enough about this stupid argument to read what you typed. We can just agree to disagree.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget DC smelly melly, he was the worse coach ever in Chicago.
I was actually thinking of mentioning him. What a terrible hire in a long line of terrible hires. “Hey, the Jacksonville defense sucks, so let’s go get their DC!”

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me the rebuild started with the Pace hire. Cemented (rebuilding) by the Fox hire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking of mentioning him. What a terrible hire in a long line of terrible hires. “Hey, the Jacksonville defense sucks, so let’s go get their DC!”
Lets go get the worst DC in the league, how could that fail.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day they hired Tdog/Fucker is a famous day for me. I went from board homer to board crybaby. lol Everybody thought my account got hacked.