• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Washington Capitals

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Cole was a very nice pickup by the Jackets at the trade deadline. Not flashy, just plays solid defense. Also, that 7th round pick Nutivaara looks like a steal.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Cole was a very nice pickup by the Jackets at the trade deadline. Not flashy, just plays solid defense.

Ian Cole has changed the depth chart, pushing Johnson out of a healthy lineup, which has allowed Savard to play his game instead of babysitting JMFJ. And he's been stellar. Saved a sure goal on a 3 on 1 last night. And with JMFJ out, Nutivaara and Murray are also set free to make those breakout passes.

I dare say Ian Cole is the core of the run the Jackets went on. I want him to stay for as forever as we can make him stay.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wennberg out for tonight?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is the excitement level in Columbus, guys?

Pretty decent. I am working from home today, but the guys in the office say everyone is in Jerseys and a "Let's go Jackets" chant got started in the cafeteria. I took the kids to school and swung by a store wearing my Jackets hoodie. I got a high five from the cashier.

There are a ton of viewing parties going on. If it wasn't so cold, there would definitely be a party outside the Arena too. I hear people are already at their tables for the party at the R bar.

Is Wennberg out for tonight?

Still listed as Day to Day. Same lineup as game two has been confirmed. Milano in on the third line, Foligno still at center.

Holtby in the starter's net at the morning skate...

Not sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand we got 4 on 16 shots last time he was here. But he's a fierce competitor and wants to win his net back. And he's Holtby. He can steal a game or two.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty decent. I am working from home today, but the guys in the office say everyone is in Jerseys and a "Let's go Jackets" chant got started in the cafeteria. I took the kids to school and swung by a store wearing my Jackets hoodie. I got a high five from the cashier.

There are a ton of viewing parties going on. If it wasn't so cold, there would definitely be a party outside the Arena too. I hear people are already at their tables for the party at the R bar.

Still listed as Day to Day. Same lineup as game two has been confirmed. Milano in on the third line, Foligno still at center.

Not sure how I feel about it. I mean on one hand we got 4 on 16 shots last time he was here. But he's a fierce competitor and wants to win his net back. And he's Holtby. He can steal a game or two.
Yeah, they said if you want a table at the Mare or R Bar, you need to get there by 2:00.

There was a pretty good crowd at Pins to watch the game Sunday. I won a pizza.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they said if you want a table at the Mare or R Bar, you need to get there by 2:00.

There was a pretty good crowd at Pins to watch the game Sunday. I won a pizza.

Which Pins did you go to? I've only been to the one downtown, but had a great time. Not on a game night or anything.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Pins did you go to? I've only been to the one downtown, but had a great time. Not on a game night or anything.
Downtown. Never been to the Dublin one. It's a little expensive, but I generally enjoy myself when I go.

I try not to venture out to the burbs if I don't have to.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downtown. Never been to the Dublin one. It's a little expensive, but I generally enjoy myself when I go.

I try not to venture out to the burbs if I don't have to.

I love giant skee ball.

My company had it's holiday party there and I played pinball until my fingers hurt. Have gone back a few times since.

Was just wondering if the Dublin one is as cool as downtown. I'd love it if they built one in Easton. Or better yet build a 16 bit there. Easier for me to get to :)

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love giant skee ball.

My company had it's holiday party there and I played pinball until my fingers hurt. Have gone back a few times since.

Was just wondering if the Dublin one is as cool as downtown. I'd love it if they built one in Easton. Or better yet build a 16 bit there. Easier for me to get to :)
Dublin might have more stuff. Once it warms up, the patios will get more lively and more activities added.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Ohio sports teams for obvious reasons, but I'll be pulling for the CBJs tonight. I'm jealous for your start times. Hate trying to get to sleep after watching a game that ends 11pm-midnight.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Tom Wilson’s hat trick

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON -- A linesman injured his left knee and was helped off the ice in Game 2 of the first-round playoff series between the Columbus Blue Jackets and Washington Capitals.

The NHL announced Monday that Barton dislocated his left kneecap and tore his quadriceps. He will have surgery to repair the injuries.

"Fortunately, the doctors told him this is the type of injury that you recover back to 100 percent," NHL senior vice president and director of officiating Stephen Walkom said.

Ref requires surgery for injuries in Caps game