• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Washington Capitals

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my large screen tv it looks fine, but the refs are looking at a tiny tablet :D

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOD MORNING! I LOVE EVERYONE! ESPECIALLY BOB!

Wow. The Jackets had absolutely no business winning that. The Caps came out and did everything they needed to to win and the Jackets just never gave up.

Quote of the night from the skype session: "We gotta be the only retards in the league that would chant refs you suck when our guy gets a penalty for going all Tarzan over a scrum and tries to pull a guy's head off" - Guy on my cousin's beer league team.

He also screamed "SHUT UP YOU DONKEYS" when they booed the linesman going down. I think he had a few.

And speaking of the linesman, holy crap. That looks like it really hurt. That guy got taken off on a stretcher the last time he was on for a Jackets game, too. Sorry, buddy. It's not personal, really.

Josh Anderson got a goal and had a well timed dive in OT to draw a penalty. Now we're even you doofus.

I don't think it should be goalie interference when the defender pushes you from behind into the goalie, but what do I know?

Foligno's gotta clean that up. He needs to learn to stop getting pushed into the goalie. Atkinson probably should have not tried to stand back up on his. the puck probably would have gone in with him if he'd have just stayed down.

I didn't realize it until they said it on the Jackets broadcast. Jay Beagle and John Carlson are UFA at the end here. Holy cow. Carlson has 6 assists on the Caps' 7 goals. And Beagle is a God Damned beast. Both them boys gonna get paid.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised to see the Caps actually had 6 SOG in the OT (I think 1 might have been short-handed while clearing the puck). Seems like they had countless chances in OT, but never fired the puck. Not gonna win if you don't shoot it.

CBJ are better lucky than good. Good win.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought it would be possible, but we could win this thing Thursday (have tickets)....calling off work Friday if it's a possibility.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r83TaN0.jpg