• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First PreSeason Game - What do you look for?

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious question is how our T's (Bell & Chandler especially) stack up against what should be a good pass rush. I kind of hope they switch off playing right and left side so both can show what they bring to the table at both positions.

Cam may or may not play, to help protect his ankle, I kind of hope he does for just a series or two so he can continue to develop chemistry with his offense under game conditions. Then again if the trainers advise against it what take the chance?

I'm also interested to see who gets the start at weakside LB. Klein and Blackburn seem to be pushing each other and IMHO it's one of the more interesting battles in camp. Not to mention how Godfrey does at CB.

The one thing I like about preseason, actually about the only thing, is seeing guys fight for roster spots. I really hope guys like Bersin, Brandon Williams, Zordich, Foucault, Gaydosh, Reaves, and others get a lot of playing time. The quality of play might not be that high but these guys will give everything they have.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wanna see how Benjamin does. how our secondary plays. and most importantly i want to see what our tackles do.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Benjamin (is he as good as the camp hype?)
Bell (can he by some miracle be better at LT than he was at RT?)
can our backs run the ball?
Tony Ealy (can he replace The Kraken if necessary?)
And finally is my wife going to pester my ass while I'm trying to watch the game?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at Benjamin (is he as good as the camp hype?)
Bell (can he by some miracle be better at LT than he was at RT?)
can our backs run the ball?
Tony Ealy (can he replace The Kraken if necessary?)
And finally is my wife going to pester my ass while I'm trying to watch the game?

the last question.... YES

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think it's encoded in their DNA

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here. I don't have much for analysis. I'm not up to date. Excited to see some Panther football though. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see Watkins and Spiller too.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That catch.........DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't have to rely on Blanchard too much, lol.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Flashbacks to Jimmy Claussen

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I like what I'm seeing out of Webb

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw

The starting O line did very well in pass protection. Both Bell and Chandler held their own for the most part (Chandler had some struggles). We need better run blocking, DWill did not play but there was almost no where for our guys to run. I have some serious questions about depth on OL, they looked awful at first but seemed to calm down as the game went on.

The D looked solid, if only Norman could make INT's in the regular season. Way too many missed tackles though. The secondary needs to come together but once our pass rush got going things really clicked. Blackburn got the start but Klein played well, right now I'd give the edge to Blackburn. I don't think we have too much to worry about on the line. Ealy made some plays as well.

The WR's and TE's looked good as a group. Great game for Benjamin, made his first NFL catch and it was a TD. Bersin and Williams both made a case for sticking around. Just about everyone made a play.

The return game was OK, nothing spectacular but avoided mistakes and dropped balls. The game would have ended differently if Gano had been kicking, IMHO.

In the end we made way too many mistakes. Especially on our last 2 drives. Missed tackles, stupid penalties, and turnovers killed us. Rivera broke out Riverboat Ron a little and it paid off some. We appear to need better run blocking and o line depth but I don't see any huge areas for concern.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all points. Big concern on the running game, however Barner could not break tackles. Not sure about him making the team. Reaves looked better.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barner kept getting caught in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage. Better blocking up front should fix that and SHOULD come as our O Line comes together. Reaves looked decent but we did not have much a of a run game last night. Barner also showed he could handle punt returns so he could stick around.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's my gut or just hope, but I am thinking J Stewart could have a large year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barner Requires space to be effective. but nobody can run up the middle with out any whole to run through and he had nowhere to go. he did however pick up some blitzes so that was promising. Reaves looked very good might have found something there.

O line i actually wasnt to impressed with. Bills got consistant preasure while their starting d-line was in. Anderson made some nice plays that extended the drive but the Bills where mostly only a step or two from getting him. and Run blocking was poor to say the least. Depth on Oline also doesnt look too promising.