• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Mock Picks

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1; Leighton Vander Esch LB
4a; Kalen Ballage RB
4b; Godwin Igwebuike S
5; Joseph Notebook OT
6; Colby Gosset OG/T
7; Johnny Townsend P

In the 1st it was between Vander Esch and Goedert but I couldn't pass on Vander Esch.
Ballage is one of my favorite RB's and provides depth and insurance. I didn't expect Igwebuike to be available here and was too good to pass. Noteboom and Gosset offer the depth and future the OL needs. We needed a punter so Townsend was selected.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 1... what TE's had been taken already and what was the best TE on the board? When did the next TE get taken after our pick?? Just wanting to see how they are falling.

If I can ask, where did Orlando Bloom end up falling?? I don't think he is going to be as bad as his combine numbers. You don't play as well as he did. And he will be joining a good workout regiment in the NFL. Mentor him under Peters, and he could turn out to be special. I hope he falls far in the draft.

BTW, bleacher report has us also taking a LB, but was Malik Jefferson.

They also had Orlando Bloom still going 1st round at 1.18 (to Sea)

And not a TE taken in the 1st at all. Where did Hurst end up being taken??

Note: LB Vander was not taken in the 1st

Last edited:

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scouting notes on LB's Vander and Malik Jefferson (note: They have Vander ranked much higher also)

Vander:

Boise State’s Vander Esch is something of a one-season wonder, but that one season showcased the kind of impact linebacker he can be. He’s an instinctive linebacker who excels in the run game and is able to work quickly to the back through traffic and bottle up those plays. He notched 57 run stops in 2017, which led all FBS inside linebackers along with his run-stop percentage (15.9 percent). His coverage is solid and his positioning is sound, but he doesn’t have the same coverage range and skills as the best players in this draft class yet, though he is still relatively inexperienced.

Malik

Jefferson was once one of the top high school recruits in the country, but he never quite fully realized that potential at Texas, and only this past season did we begin to see him tap into that potential. He has the athletic profile of a top NFL linebacker and when coming forwards he can be a stud, but things get significantly more worrying when he has to play in space and drop into coverage. He missed at least 10 tackles every season of his college career, and 15 in 2017. NFL teams will like his potential, but it’s a long shot to think he will ever fulfill it entirely.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at 1... what TE's had been taken already and what was the best TE on the board? When did the next TE get taken after our pick?? Just wanting to see how they are falling.

If I can ask, where did Orlando Bloom end up falling?? I don't think he is going to be as bad as his combine numbers. You don't play as well as he did. And he will be joining a good workout regiment in the NFL. Mentor him under Peters, and he could turn out to be special. I hope he falls far in the draft.

BTW, bleacher report has us also taking a LB, but was Malik Jefferson.

They also had Orlando Bloom still going 1st round at 1.18 (to Sea)

And not a TE taken in the 1st at all. Where did Hurst end up being taken??

Note: LB Vander was not taken in the 1st

The top 3 TE's went Rd 2 and Orlando Brown went #68. Goedert was the 1st TE off the board.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not done one yet that is worth sharing.....but I have to say after a few mocks I am more convinced to trade down and gather picks. I also haven't had what I would feel is a cant miss be sitting at 32 with a few mocks done.

I totally forgot about this game this year....funny what winning it all will do to the casual draft fan like me. I also can't find my way out of any of it by around Round 3....just not read up.

Like the Vander Esch idea....but every mock has screamed trade down.