• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final month of the season begins with 3 at home vs LAA - 9/1 - 9/3

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers go into September at 66-67 and 4 games back of the second wildcard spot. The time is over for saying "they need to win because..." or "they should win because..." - if they want to play in October, they need to win period.

As we've seen in the past, anything can happen. I've been saying for months that there's too much separating the Rangers from the teams that are better. Houston and Anaheim have both bolstered their rosters, although the Rangers did make a move as well.

Do I think they'll end up in the Wild Card? No. Will I be rooting for them to make it? You bet your ass.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers go into September at 66-67 and 4 games back of the second wildcard spot. The time is over for saying "they need to win because..." or "they should win because..." - if they want to play in October, they need to win period.

As we've seen in the past, anything can happen. I've been saying for months that there's too much separating the Rangers from the teams that are better. Houston and Anaheim have both bolstered their rosters, although the Rangers did make a move as well.

Do I think they'll end up in the Wild Card? No. Will I be rooting for them to make it? You bet your ass.

Good! I'm not the only one. Can't imagine real Ranger fans hoping to lose games for any reason.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they will get the wild card either. But anything is possible. I will still be rooting for them, even if they get eliminated.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we will go after Stanton?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many more games Adrian could play next year if he became our full time DH?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many more games Adrian could play next year if he became our full time DH?
Hard to say but he won't like that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Scott Lucas.

Afternoon transactions:
LHP Jake Diekman activated from 60-day DL
RHP Paolo Espino recalled from Round Rock
Contract of 3B Will Middlebrooks purchased
Contract of C A.J. Jimenez purchased
LHP Joely Rodriguez designated for assignment
RHP Jhan Marinez designated for assignment

The Rangers still need to create one more space on the 40-man roster.

Texas doesn't need to DL Adrian Beltre since rosters have expanded.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say but he won't like that.
I don't imagine he likes sitting out 80 games each season due to injury either. DHing might be the lesser of two undesirable situations for him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Scott Lucas.

Afternoon transactions:
LHP Jake Diekman activated from 60-day DL
RHP Paolo Espino recalled from Round Rock
Contract of 3B Will Middlebrooks purchased
Contract of C A.J. Jimenez purchased
LHP Joely Rodriguez designated for assignment
RHP Jhan Marinez designated for assignment

The Rangers still need to create one more space on the 40-man roster.

Texas doesn't need to DL Adrian Beltre since rosters have expanded.
Why do we need Middlebrooks to fill in for Adrian. Joey and Drew I would think would be enough and even Profar if needed.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we will go after Stanton?
not likely although it would give us some needed punch next season. Imagine an opening 6 of Choo, Andrus, Mazara, Stanton, Belte and Gallo. But instead we probably go with DeShields & Robinson in the outfield and little offense from either

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not likely although it would give us some needed punch next season. Imagine an opening 6 of Choo, Andrus, Mazara, Stanton, Belte and Gallo. But instead we probably go with DeShields & Robinson in the outfield and little offense from either
To say DeShields would produce little offense is an understatement. He will never be the HR hitter as Stanton but he produces in many other ways.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say DeShields would produce little offense is an understatement. He will never be the HR hitter as Stanton but he produces in many other ways.
between the two we will see little offense. DeShields tends to either produce or go totally cold for long periods thus him being sent down last year. what does the team do if and when he goes totally cold? And Robinson cab barely hit his weight. Both are bench players not fulltime starters

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked my TV guide, tonight's game is on FSSW plus.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between the two we will see little offense. DeShields tends to either produce or go totally cold for long periods thus him being sent down last year. what does the team do if and when he goes totally cold? And Robinson cab barely hit his weight. Both are bench players not fulltime starters
before anyone goes off on me, i recognize that in all likelihood they will probably be our starting lf and cf starters next season because the owners and JD are not likely to go after any quality players, positional or pitching, during the off season thru trade or free agency with any holes being filled with low level players.