• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Skins HCs of my/your era ranked

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of makes you miss Polumbus, Chester, Spare Rib and Lich huh?

2017 NFL Team Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

LOL but seriously the OL may be a factor here (& throw last season out the window due to injuries) but the RB position is as big or bigger of a factor. Check out the teams that led the NFL in rushing last season. There are a handful that appear to do this by committee (e.g. Eagles), but most of the leaders have at least one top notch elite type of RB.

Regardless of your feelings about the Redskins current or recent RBs there is no doubt that they have not had anyone in this category for quite a while (certainly not an everydown type of back). This draft provides them at least with the possibility of finding someone like that perhaps in the 2nd rd. Combined with decent OL health there certainly is some potential for success in that area.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a supposed OL Guru, I expect more. If our OL is as good as some claim, and we have supposedly the best OL coach in football, the following is unacceptable.

2015...20th in rushing and 30 in YPA
2016...21sr in rushing and 9th in YPA
2017...28th in rushing and 30 in YPA.

I dont think you put enough blame on how bad our running backs have been in that time frame and Gruden refusing to run the ball

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you put enough blame on how bad our running backs have been in that time frame and Gruden refusing to run the ball

In 2015, the Redskins had Alfred Morris who rushed for 1500 as a rookie.

We can use an upgrade at RB, no doubt, but if our OL is as good as some claim, our RBs would be better. I also think you need to look back at Perine for some perspective.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you.............I I just think there might be something there with Gruden. They blew FA this year and the Skins most likely take a step back, but I don't think it will be because of Gruden, but my fear is Bruce sweet talk Dan into believing so out of self preservation.
I just wish BA would go away. Hire a competent GM, a REAL DC and BUILD our defense this year and next year through FA and draft and in theory, we can really compete. This year will be a real struggle based upon several things but a new QB, likely a RB, new WR, possibly new LG and little to no upgrades as of yet on defense which we all know was/is our Achilles heel (no pun intended) right now will cause chemistry issues, inconsistency across the board and with the same defensive coaching, likely the same bottom feeder defense that cannot stop the run. So in essence, I am in agreement with you about taking a step back this year which will make the ABS chain gang happy this year. :nod:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish BA would go away. Hire a competent GM, a REAL DC and BUILD our defense this year and next year through FA and draft and in theory, we can really compete. This year will be a real struggle based upon several things but a new QB, likely a RB, new WR, possibly new LG and little to no upgrades as of yet on defense which we all know was/is our Achilles heel (no pun intended) right now will cause chemistry issues, inconsistency across the board and with the same defensive coaching, likely the same bottom feeder defense that cannot stop the run. So in essence, I am in agreement with you about taking a step back this year which will make the ABS chain gang happy this year. :nod:

It won't make the ABS chain gang happy. We will send a reminder or two if Cousin's plays well though. :D But if it goes the other way than you can send a reminder or two. :thumb:

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2015, the Redskins had Alfred Morris who rushed for 1500 as a rookie.

We can use an upgrade at RB, no doubt, but if our OL is as good as some claim, our RBs would be better. I also think you need to look back at Perine for some perspective.

I was and still am a big Alfred Morris fan.

I do think the offensive line is a bit overrated in their own heads. An improvement at LG, better blocking from TEs, bigger emphasis on establishing the run, and a better running back could go a long way.

I felt they were at times a tad predictable with their run game approach. When it was Thompson you knew it was a stretch, toss, off tackle running to the left side behind Trent Williams.

When it was Perine or Kelley we favored running to the right side IMO.