• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite drummer in rock history

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the stones have a ton of good songs but I just don't care for them as much as The Who. Actually I just am not much of a stones fan save for a few songs.

Saw them both in concert and the Who was my second favorite concert ever. The stones was the worst.

I never saw the Who and after Moon & then Entwistle died wasn't really all that interested. I've seen the Stones several times. They've been great, bad and in-between.

I've also preferred the who to the Stones (duh...check out my screen names). At the Stones concerts I've attended, I'll enjoy Honkey Tonk Women and maybe one or two other songs, but that's about it. At who concerts, I'm all in on every song.

The last one I attended at MSG was right after John had died, though, and it just wasn't good at all. Pino Palladino was on bass, and he's decent, just not The Ox. And I wanna say Kenny Jones was still drumming for them at that show, and while he was great with the Faces and other bands, he's not Keith.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough choice for me. The Who was probably the best overall group of talent ever. Keith Moon, top 3 drummer. John Entwhistle, top 3 bassist. Roger Daltry, Top 10 vocal. Pete Townsend, top 30 guitarist. They have a great catalog of songs as well.
The Rolling Stones are great though.

Have to deduct points from the Stones because of their disco era.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steel Wheels was awful. Not even Karen Carpenter's ghost could have saved that turd
I saw that tour and it may not have been one of their best but not really that bad either.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is very subjective and not everyone can agree but please respect another person's opinion even if you disagree. I'm a musician so I know something about the subject.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to deduct points from the Stones because of their disco era.

Disco Era ? They did a couple of songs in that style, I think just to show they could do it and do it well, and Miss You is a great song.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco Era ? They did a couple of songs in that style, I think just to show they could do it and do it well, and Miss You is a great song.

I bet you suffered from disco fever as a small lad.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A favorite of mine from the Stone's Steel Wheels tour....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this one by the Trammps?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost the drummer for Zeppelin, for King Crimson, and the Jimi Hendrix Experience...wound up in a pretty good group called the Mothers of Invention:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that tour and it may not have been one of their best but not really that bad either.

I saw them in 72. Exile had just been released and they were at their peak of their Mick Taylor era. Stevie Wonder opened. That was a great show. I saw them next in 75 and that was not a great show. That was the only one that was actually bad and I've seen them a few times since.

But anyone in an big arena can be a mixed bag depending upon where you're seated and the acoustics. For instance in 77 I saw Led Zeppelin, who I know is a great live act, and it was terrible. I couldn't even make out what some of the songs were. But it was in the old Silverdome and I chalked it up to the acoustics.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them in 72. Exile had just been released and they were at their peak of their Mick Taylor era. Stevie Wonder opened. That was a great show. I saw them next in 75 and that was not a great show. That was the only one that was actually bad and I've seen them a few times since.

But anyone in an big arena can be a mixed bag depending upon where you're seated and the acoustics. For instance in 77 I saw Led Zeppelin, who I know is a great live act, and it was terrible. I couldn't even make out what some of the songs were. But it was in the old Silverdome and I chalked it up to the acoustics.
I seen Ted Nugent open for Aerosmith in the early 80's. Aerosmith sounded so bad that the opening act (Nugent) came out and did the encore.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm only 48 and I wasn't fortunate enough to see the Stones in their prime. My dad says the Stones were at their best with Brian Jones in the lineup.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you suffered from disco fever as a small lad.

No, I was on the "disco sucks" team. In retrospect there are disco songs from that era that I like now. Back then I just rejected all of it. But Miss You is a great song. Otoh, Hot Stuff by them is not.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen Ted Nugent open for Aerosmith in the early 80's. Aerosmith sounded so bad that the opening act (Nugent) came out and did the encore.

Ted Nugent was an electrifying performer.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was on the "disco sucks" team. In retrospect there are disco songs from that era that I like now. Back then I just rejected all of it. But Miss You is a great song. Otoh, Hot Stuff by them is not.
There was good disco and bad disco music. To dismiss all of it doesn't make sense.