• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if a team really does need a QB for the future... no GM wants to be the guy who passed on ___________ (insert QB here). Could mean their job. And a lot of teams need QB. A team can have a solid cast of players but without a QB.... look at JAX, DEN...
That’s it in a nutshell Joe. A RB isn’t the main ingredient in developing a SB contender, its the QB. Otherwise their would be 4 RBs being considered for the top spots rather then QBs.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if a team really does need a QB for the future... no GM wants to be the guy who passed on ___________ (insert QB here). Could mean their job. And a lot of teams need QB. A team can have a solid cast of players but without a QB.... look at JAX, DEN...
So they'll be the guy who took Tim Couch or Akili Smith instead of Edge James or Champ Bailey..yeah, real smart

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm assuming one, possibly two of these 4-5 guys being universally projected to be first rounders, well definitely be an adequate or better QB..given what everyone who NEEDED a QB did in free agency, and how virtullay no one is willing to say "yes, THIS guy is THE guy", there's ZERO reason to take one over the much better football player prospects like Barkley, like Chubb, like Roquon Smith, like D. Ward, ect...

Teams are acting out of desperation, desperation that shouldn't even exist since they all got at worst quality 3-4 year band aids they can depend on, grasping at straws, and all they're doing is making the teams drafting behind them stronger. Just dumb

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they'll be the guy who took Tim Couch or Akili Smith instead of Edge James or Champ Bailey..yeah, real smart
I'm not saying there isn't risk or even stupidity.
But no one has a crystal ball into the future.

And from an NFL standpoint - teams have to have a QB.
RB don't last long but a franchise QB could.
Drafting JaMarcus Russell ahead of Adrian Peterson doesn't look too smart 10 years later.
But drafting Matthew Stafford over Knowshon Moreno two years later does.
You're gonna find examples on both sides.

Which is another reason I'm kind of glad that I don't get caught up with these college kids.
The fact that less than half of them - at any position - are truly successful in the NFL is reason enough not to get that excited about them.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tim couch was coming on before injury, just saying
He was?

Even if he was..he's still an example of teams making bad decisions based out of perceived desperation, not making good football decisions, and he always will be.

This year just reeks, REEKS, of 1999..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm assuming one, possibly two of these 4-5 guys being universally projected to be first rounders, well definitely be an adequate or better QB..given what everyone who NEEDED a QB did in free agency, and how virtullay no one is willing to say "yes, THIS guy is THE guy", there's ZERO reason to take one over the much better football player prospects like Barkley, like Chubb, like Roquon Smith, like D. Ward, ect...

Teams are acting out of desperation, desperation that shouldn't even exist since they all got at worst quality 3-4 year band aids they can depend on, grasping at straws, and all they're doing is making the teams drafting behind them stronger. Just dumb

When was last QB drafted that was considered a slam dunk? Think it was Luck. I remember the Seahawks drafting Aaron Curry. Sure seemed like a no brainer, safe pick, highly consider by experts to be a sure thing. They were wrong.

I some time wonder about these failed QBs, if it was lack of talent on their part or did a terrible coaching staff/ organization
do them in . Seems like BB can mold a QB that isn't that talented into a serviceable QB. Like Brissett for example.

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying there isn't risk or even stupidity.
But no one has a crystal ball into the future.

And from an NFL standpoint - teams have to have a QB.
RB don't last long but a franchise QB could.
Drafting JaMarcus Russell ahead of Adrian Peterson doesn't look too smart 10 years later.
But drafting Matthew Stafford over Knowshon Moreno two years later does.
You're gonna find examples on both sides.

Which is another reason I'm kind of glad that I don't get caught up with these college kids.
The fact that less than half of them - at any position - are truly successful in the NFL is reason enough not to get that excited about them.
You ain't wrong, that's for sure.
But in looking for examples and comparisons, the only time anything like this, with this big jumble of QB's at the top of the draft, has ever happened, was 1999..so, I'm of the opinion, what happened there's was much more applicable, than any one single team, making one big mistake.

Even in the vaunted '83 QB class, only John Elway was selected high.. (By a team that knew they couldn't even sign him..so even there... DUMB!)..Eric Dickerson (Saquon?) Would've been much better for the Colts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's one thing if they fall. Take the Bills (shocker). The price to move into the top five is ridiculous. When there is a real chance one of them fall...and if not, they get a top 8 non-QB, who are all excellent prospects. The Cardinals are the only team I would dare to believe might try and trade up...and that is a tough sell for these top ten picks. If you can pick Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, Smith, Ward, Fitz, James or Edmunds (I would also add Vander Esch), it would be tough to move out for 15 plus next year stuff, from an otherwise good Cardinals team.

If we trade up to 2, 4, or 5, we just sunk the next two years. If we move up to 6-11, I would guess Beane is a hostage of some kind because none of those teams are taking a QB, and like I said, outside the Cards, nobody is trading in there (Pats?). Maybe it's because I just don't want one of these "top five" QB, maybe I just love, love, love Roquan and Vander.... I still think trading up is not an option for us. I don't get why it's the consensus in mocks and media. Trading up to 1 is actually the only thing that makes sense. At least then you are proving there is someone who is "it". Trading up for leftovers (at such a price 2, 4 or 5 would cost), sounds to me like desperation.

The Bills must:
1) stay at 12 and take the leftover of these 11...4 QB, RB, DE, G, 2 DB, 2 LB (James is out on my list).
2) If those 11 go, I wouldn't hesitate with Vander, but would risk trading back (Cards if they like Lamar?) and take Vander at 15....but that would be risky.

Man, did I just rant. Gonna be a rough week for me. I might need a straight jacket Thursday night.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was?

Even if he was..he's still an example of teams making bad decisions based out of perceived desperation, not making good football decisions, and he always will be.

I'm getting a 2011 minus Cam Newton feeling. Locker, Gabbert and Ponder surrounding JJ Watts. (Bills didn't bite in this one, but still took Dareus over Green, Julio, and Watt)

Damn, I'd love to be in the "war room".

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a 2011 minus Cam Newton feeling. Locker, Gabbert and Ponder surrounding JJ Watts. (Bills didn't bite in this one, but still took Dareus over Green, Julio, and Watt)

Damn, I'd love to be in the "war room".
Somewhat similar sure..but the Von Millers, AJ Greens, and Julio Jones's weren't passed over for Gabbart or Locker, like it sure seems those guys will be this year

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat similar sure..but the Von Millers, AJ Greens, and Julio Jones's weren't passed over for Gabbart or Locker, like it sure seems those guys will be this year

True (except Locker and Gabbert went before Watt).

Realistically, only the Browns and Jets will take one. Not sure if I buy the Dolphins, but maybe three. Broncos and Giants are the key to Buffalo's draft.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the last decade.
First round QB on the left.
Second round QB on the right.
For grins.​

First n Second round QB picks from 2008 to 2017.png

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of media... I was listening to Mad Dog on Sirius yesterday. He was adamant that the Browns would be crazy to not take Barkley at 1. Then, he was sure that the Bills are definitely trading up to 2. And the Jets taking a QB at 3 (the only obvious reality in this draft)... leaving Chubb at 4.

That's right. Mad Dog thinks the smart play has all of this.

1) Browns don't like these QB's as franchise guys.
2) Browns sign Hyde knowing they're taking Barkley.
3) Browns don't need a QB because they have Taylor and would be stupid to take one.
4) Bills liked all these QB's more than Taylor.
5) Bills need to trade (probably) four picks to make this deal, and should because they are better than Taylor.
6) Giants would rather 12, 22, 2019 1st and a side piece than just staying at 2 and taking Chubb/Barkley.
7) Giants also don't think enough of these QB's to secure the hole Eli will leave soon enough.

So is that Buffalo is smarter than the Browns and Giants? Dumber? Or just desperate?

Just makes no sense to me.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the last decade.
First round QB on the left.
Second round QB on the right.
For grins.​

View attachment 178118

5 (Ryan, Stafford, Newton, Luck and Wentz) out of 27 for me (probably 7, since Goff and Watson deserve due credit). Trubisky and Mahomes, we'll see.

And these four do not have the same pedigree, imo. On the field, maybe Baker.

Gonna be interesting to see where Rudolph and the others end up.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go back to Indy at 6.

If Luck is still not throwing, I wonder what unspoken realities are going on behind the Colts' doors?
I say it that way because last off-season the Colts made it seem publicly that Luck's recovery was progressing on schedule and it was inferred that he was close to returning.
Recently the Colts have allegedly turned down trade offers for Brissett, speaking highly of him publicly.
Luck's situation could put a monkey-wrench in the Colts' draft plans.

FA QB still available: Jay Cutler (who is from Indiana); Derek Anderson; Mark Sanchez; Matt Moore, to name a few.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a pretty good qb class. 5 guys with sky high potential. You have to go qb if you're at the top and need one.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was?

Yeah he was