• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F U Auburn!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn 41 UW 17, Gaskin goes out with an injury early on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn 31

Washington 24
I really can't see either team scoring over 21. That's going to be a defensive battle on both sides. Especially for a game 1, but both of those defenses are legit.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see either team scoring over 21. That's going to be a defensive battle on both sides. Especially for a game 1, but both of those defenses are legit.
How does your D line stack up against SEC lines? I know you have a veteran secondary.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does your D line stack up against SEC lines? I know you have a veteran secondary.
Well they lost their nose tackle to the NFL in Vita Vea, but are not expected to drop off on the front line. At least in part due to Greg Gaines skipping the draft for his senior season.

I mean we won't know how they stack up against your line until they do. The last SEC line they faced was two full seasons ago and while Scarbrough did break a couple of runs the line wasn't exactly manhandled the rest of that game. They simply couldn't get their damned offense to do their part.

They are experienced at LB and Petersen's defenses have all been very gap disciplined. They don't tend to get fooled into being out of position. I know Gus likes to pull out some plays to get the D to chase ghosts, but this will more just come down to beating your man across from you and I honestly have no idea until we see it.

From what little film and reviews I've seen, your QB can be a bit less effective if he gets happy feet so obviously the pass rush has to be solid to take him down a peg. Thankfully defenses are normally farther along in development in game 1 than the offense tends to be. Getting Auburn week 1 is really the best timing for a chance at a win IMO.

And yes, I fully understand the same holds true the other way. UW has real questions at play maker for receiving and are breaking in a brand new play caller against THAT defense. The best news for them is Browning doesn't tend to create bad turnovers so as long as any ineptitude is more about 3 and outs and not catastrophic mistakes they at least have a chance.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they lost their nose tackle to the NFL in Vita Vea, but are not expected to drop off on the front line. At least in part due to Greg Gaines skipping the draft for his senior season.

I mean we won't know how they stack up against your line until they do. The last SEC line they faced was two full seasons ago and while Scarbrough did break a couple of runs the line wasn't exactly manhandled the rest of that game. They simply couldn't get their damned offense to do their part.

They are experienced at LB and Petersen's defenses have all been very gap disciplined. They don't tend to get fooled into being out of position. I know Gus likes to pull out some plays to get the D to chase ghosts, but this will more just come down to beating your man across from you and I honestly have no idea until we see it.

From what little film and reviews I've seen, your QB can be a bit less effective if he gets happy feet so obviously the pass rush has to be solid to take him down a peg. Thankfully defenses are normally farther along in development in game 1 than the offense tends to be. Getting Auburn week 1 is really the best timing for a chance at a win IMO.

And yes, I fully understand the same holds true the other way. UW has real questions at play maker for receiving and are breaking in a brand new play caller against THAT defense. The best news for them is Browning doesn't tend to create bad turnovers so as long as any ineptitude is more about 3 and outs and not catastrophic mistakes they at least have a chance.
Our offensive line is brand new with some critical spots being broken in like center. Most of them have playing time but not every down starters and one of our guards went to the hospital today with a head and neck injury.

The o-line and our RBs are the great unknowns but I'm not to worried about the backs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line is brand new with some critical spots being broken in like center. Most of them have playing time but not every down starters and one of our guards went to the hospital today with a head and neck injury.

The o-line and our RBs are the great unknowns but I'm not to worried about the backs.
It hasn't been too often lately that I'm this amped up about opening day, normally because UW has some fluff shit on the schedule that week. Not this year. I have no fucking idea what to expect, but it's going to be a hell of a way to start the year.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB play has me worried also. UW's offense is sucking big time in camp so far.
Last two days they have been getting it dialed in. Offense always lags behind the D, and as solid as this D is it's not unexpected they trail by a week or more. Remember, the Huskies go 1's v 1's in every practice. There's no break against the backups. Browning goes against that secondary every play. Best way to get ready for whats to come.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Auburn front 7 is as good as advertised. Thankfully, the Huskies are sporting a very experienced Oline.

I still think thats one of the top 3 keys to the game. Can the Huskies move the ball, especially with the run, against that tSEC bumpkin sized front 7. Gaskin is a ninja at finding holes and squeezing out yds either inside or out, but he's gonna have to have one of the games of his life to really put the screws to that Auburn front.