• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even in a loss...how the future doesn't look half bad.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MDZ logs 30 minutes...and doesn't look bad/lost.
Manning logs 25+ minutes. Yeah, he belongs
Laurissden is an NHL 6th dman. He belongs in the right role.

Organizationally there needs to be a couple decisions made.

How will the need for wingers be addressed?

How will it be rationalized/excused to keep Rinaldo in the NHL? He can skate. He has no hand skills and is undisciplined and frankly a joke.

...oh, and Mason is the goalie. They will need to replace Razor (sorry, he's done) but Mason is the man.

I really look forward to a blue line with Manning, Morin, Alt, Ghost, MDZ. A 1st line that goes beyond Hartnell/Voracek/Giroux. This means a serious LW. A LW to go with Read and Cooter.

Who/which will be the other centers. Cousins? Laughton?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MDZ has been really good this season and he should stay, however I don't think one game really tells everything about Brandon Manning and Oliver Lauridsen - it wasn't like they faced a great team, San Jose is missing the playoffs too - maybe they'll be depth guys going forward but I wouldn't say they're going to be anything more significant than that, besides, with the blueliners coming up in the system, those guys will be depth guys anyway if those other guys turn out to be studs

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobie, I luv you...this isn't the first time I have seen these two play.

Manning is a better player than 3 of the "regular" blueliners on this team.
Laurissden could/should be an NHL player. he did nothing today to disprove that.

I would LOVE to see all three of the kids in multiple games against different teams to see what they can do.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobie, I luv you...this isn't the first time I have seen these two play.

Manning is a better player than 3 of the "regular" blueliners on this team.
Laurissden could/should be an NHL player. he did nothing today to disprove that.

I would LOVE to see all three of the kids in multiple games against different teams to see what they can do.

I'm not disagreeing with you that at the very least, they're on par with the current blueliners, but let's not go overboard and say these guys are going to be regulars for years to come - there's a lot of other blueliners waiting in the wings that should be a lot better - depth guys(5-6 d-men) possibly? Sure, but I don't think any of them will be "standouts"

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I am so looking forward to Morin and Sandheim.
and Aube-Kubel and Lindblom.

There is a real future...not the Jeff Woywitka's of our past...

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents, but we need more than guys who can be a (fill in the blank here) somewhere in the NHL. We need guys who can be a (fill in the blank here) on a STANLEY CUP WINNING TEAM.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents, but we need more than guys who can be a (fill in the blank here) somewhere in the NHL. We need guys who can be a (fill in the blank here) on a STANLEY CUP WINNING TEAM.
This!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some players I can easily see having their names etched on the cup. Having seen Morin, he reminds me of a cross between a young Pronger and Bob Dailey before the shoulder injuries. He has a cannon, moves well for a big player and is posiitonally very sound. And he has a mean streak.