• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN: Sweet Spot All Underrated Team

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn has posted their all underrated team, and somehow the M's have two guy's out of the ten guy's listed; Kyle Seager & Hisashi Iwakuma. It's hard to argue with that, but it just makes me hope that help is right around the corner. So I started to think, who do you think is a lock at their respectful position on this team for the next few years. Here's my thoughts:

C - Mike Zunino
1B - ?
2B - ?
3B - Kyle Seager
SS - ?
LF - ?
CF - Michael Saunders
RF - ?

Pretty disturbing.........

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seager and Saunders are my only hope for a core, and they aren't even star type players, they are average. I hope Zunino can take over catcher, because Montero can't do it. I don't even think he will succeed at DH. So sad.

Seager
Saunders
Felix
Kuma
Wilhelmsen
Zunino

so after 4 years we have gone from 1 mlb level talent to possibly 6. Only 19 to go.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah octagondd, when you sit back and look at the next few years it really is put in perspective. I like that list that you've made, and couldn't agree with you more on who is our true core at this time. The big problem is that those six guy's need just a few more to come along and contribute. Until then, steeeeeerike 3!!!!!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of pathetic that the only two position players you can count on long term on this team are both average players.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the only hopeful position prospect is a catcher, which is valuable, but not like having a Mike Trout. Sickening.

We need a stickied thread where we can just go off with no regard for stats, logic, or whatever, just a vent thread. The Raul Ibanez Memorial Error thread or the F-Bavisi thread.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn has posted their all underrated team, and somehow the M's have two guy's out of the ten guy's listed; Kyle Seager & Hisashi Iwakuma. It's hard to argue with that, but it just makes me hope that help is right around the corner. So I started to think, who do you think is a lock at their respectful position on this team for the next few years. Here's my thoughts:

C - Mike Zunino
1B - ?
2B - ?
3B - Kyle Seager
SS - ?
LF - ?
CF - Michael Saunders
RF - ?

Pretty disturbing.........

I won't lock in Zunino until I see what see does at the MLB level. The potential is all there, but that's all it is, potential. Paxson looked like a sure thing last year. This year he looks like he won't ever get out of AAA. The same thing could happen to Zunino.

Seagar and Saunders are legit.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree you cant bank on anyone for the future unless they produce at the big league level. Jackson and Tacoma may make the playoffs and win league championships but who cares. That means nothing in terms of future success. If you cant hit a breaking ball (Smoak, Montero) you wont make it and thats a fact.

It boggles my mind that we may have the best 1-2 punch in terms of starting pitching right now in the AL and we not only aren't a top team we are terrible. I mean two guys with ERA's under 2, I'm pretty sure that doesnt happen very oftern if ever.