• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Power Rankings

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powerful D is a bit antiquated. They just finished 30th in DVOA and 32nd if weighted. They'll be better this year I'd imagine with the additions and the draft, but I'd be ecstatic if they're average with the O they have. They certainly have some enticing pieces, but I would pump the brakes for a while. This is a team who projects to have their outside CB's be Steven Nelson and David Amerson right now.

Not something I'd be thoroughly excited about if I were a Chiefs fan.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objectively 2017 and 18 are transition years; if they get lottery tickets (playoff berths) awesome, they're in the right division to do that, but they are not atop the AFC. Not yet anyways. The Defense I am guessing will be around 20-25th. Hitchens, Fuller, Berry, Williams, + Draft will help, but it's not a complete rebuild exactly either.

The only thing stopping the offense from being best in the league will be Mahomes- period.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure if I was a Seahawks fan I would be talking about CB starters. Not looking like a good group for them as of right now.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I was a Seahawks fan I would be talking about CB starters. Not looking like a good group for them as of right now.

We certainly do have a good group of CB's here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly do have a good group of CB's here.

Come on man. Can't think that your team has All-Pro players everywhere. This CB group at best is average for the NFL. And that is me being kind.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. Can't think that your team has All-Pro players everywhere. This CB group at best is average for the NFL. And that is me being kind.

I said they were good I never said they were All-Pro.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still the idea that they are good is more wishful thinking than based in anything shown on the field. They are a young group that most likely will struggle a lot throughout the year.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still the idea that they are good is more wishful thinking than based in anything shown on the field. They are a young group that most likely will struggle a lot throughout the year.

Every player at every position has growing pains and they take different amounts of time to learn their respective positions. The same can be and will be said about our young secondary. I have the utmost faith in them that they will be playmakers this coming season.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colts are also happy with their young kids . no where to go but up for us . talent is all that matters

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colts are also happy with their young kids . no where to go but up for us . talent is all that matters

Can't forget about coaching. That plays a big part in it as well.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#25 for my Colts, hoping my Colts do better than that, a lot depends on Luck- Both the QB and of course things working out the best for us (luck).
hell espn may still think chucky is still coach .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Powerful D is a bit antiquated. They just finished 30th in DVOA and 32nd if weighted. They'll be better this year I'd imagine with the additions and the draft, but I'd be ecstatic if they're average with the O they have. They certainly have some enticing pieces, but I would pump the brakes for a while. This is a team who projects to have their outside CB's be Steven Nelson and David Amerson right now.
I did forget about them losing Peters, but they gained Fuller, who looks every bit the stud himself. Wasn't their defense dealing with a good amount of injuries last year too?

From an offensive standpoint, I feel like they're just so much further ahead than Seattle right now, which prompted that response, but they were similar in their output last season. However, Seattle lost Sherman, Bennett, and missed out on the FAs they wanted to help make up for that. Offensively, I think KC is much further ahead than Seattle outside of QB. If Wilson and Mahomes went down, I'm still confident that Chad Henne could go .500 with that team with all the offensive weapons they have.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't forget about coaching. That plays a big part in it as well.

colts are going back to speed like freeny and mathis . basham had a hard time getting on the field under chucky but he has beat out simon for end spot this year .

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colts are going back to speed like freeny and mathis . basham had a hard time getting on the field under chucky but he has beat out simon for end spot this year .

They need more speed in their front 7. Glad to see they're finally addressing that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got like 4 proven studs on their defense and then a bunch of question marks. Their CBs are below average I would say.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did forget about them losing Peters, but they gained Fuller, who looks every bit the stud himself.
Yeah, I mostly consider that a lateral move even you lump them together; why they trade Peters for what they did is borderline psychotic but that's enough ranting from me on the subject for one offseason.

Wasn't their defense dealing with a good amount of injuries last year too?
Yes, but if you added everyone back you're probably looking at average when healthy. Other players like Terrance Mitchell, Ron Parker, and Derrick Johnson all had huge declines from their 2017 performances and Nelson was hurt for the first half of the season for all intents and purposes. Outside of Chris Jones, I would probably struggle to point to a player who had a better 2018 than 2017 unless you count Reggie Ragland who should have a full season this year.

You get Eric Berry, Anthony Hitchens, and Dee Ford back which is nice, but you're also climbing from the basement. Could conceivably get something from Kpassagnon in year 2 after he had 2 sacks in his lone start in week 17 to replace Ford; or Speaks in theory. If everything went the Chiefs way, they can make squeak past average, but 20th-25th is more realistic in the meantime.

They'll be significantly better on run D most likely, but they're going to still be a below average unit defending the pass unless newcomers Armani Watts, Breeland Speaks, O'Daniel, Xavier Williams, and Nnadi are much better players than I think they are. They are another draft away from patching up their secondary year 1. This puts a tremendous amount of pressure on the O and ST's to be great; which they can and arguably probably will be, but that's not a great position to be in.

Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Chris Jones, Anthony Hitchens, Reggie Ragland, and Kendall Fuller has the makings of respectable of healthy, but the outside CB's and safeties are such where I don't assign a ton of confidence to the defense as a whole outside of maybe stopping the run if Nnadi pans out.

From an offensive standpoint, I feel like they're just so much further ahead than Seattle right now, which prompted that response, but they were similar in their output last season.
Yeah, KC's offense outside of QB compared to Seattle may as well be a different universe at this point. And then you realize Brian Schottenheimer is the OC while Andy Reid is the HC on the other side and it isn't wrongheaded to see a sizable chasm between the two regardless of opinions on the respective QB situations.

If Wilson and Mahomes went down, I'm still confident that Chad Henne could go .500 with that team with all the offensive weapons they have.

Idk about 500, but the fact I feel like Henne would win any significant number of games with the defense being what it is is a testament to the offensive roster and coaching.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objectively 2017 and 18 are transition years; if they get lottery tickets (playoff berths) awesome, they're in the right division to do that, but they are not atop the AFC. Not yet anyways. The Defense I am guessing will be around 20-25th. Hitchens, Fuller, Berry, Williams, + Draft will help, but it's not a complete rebuild exactly either.

The only thing stopping the offense from being best in the league will be Mahomes- period.

The offensive talent on that team is just incredible

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive talent on that team is just incredible
1cat5r.jpg

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't even making a case.

Also, Austin Davis is the worst backup QB in the NFL. Your OL is still trash, and your aging defense is fracturing. Seattle is likely getting a top 10 pick next year regardless. If Wilson goes down, it's a locked in #1.

Actually the D is much younger now