• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN BPI

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does BPI rate Marquette higher than Duke or Kentucky?

Now I really hate ESPN's stupid obsession with their own made up RPI, but it is interesting that the preseason BPI has been nails for national champions. Only twice in the last 11 years(Uconn both times) was it not one of the top 4 teams.

There is absolutely no fucking chance MU wins it all so it appears Kansas, Tennessee or Gonzaga are cutting down the nets....and based off their rosters and preseason rankings, it's not unlikely at all.

Interesting that 3 of the top 4 play in the same preseason tourney too.

Boring time for sports

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does BPI rate Marquette higher than Duke or Kentucky?

Now I really hate ESPN's stupid obsession with their own made up RPI, but it is interesting that the preseason BPI has been nails for national champions. Only twice in the last 11 years(Uconn both times) was it not one of the top 4 teams.

There is absolutely no fucking chance MU wins it all so it appears Kansas, Tennessee or Gonzaga are cutting down the nets....and based off their rosters and preseason rankings, it's not unlikely at all.

Interesting that 3 of the top 4 play in the same preseason tourney too.

Boring time for sports

Villanova's 2016 team was Top 4 preseason BPI? Really?

Anyway, 2 out of 11 times is enough to say that someone outside of that can win.

I do think Marquette can do some serious damage. Big East will be down next year. They play UMBC. Lol. I'm watching that game if it's on.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova's 2016 team was Top 4 preseason BPI? Really?

Anyway, 2 out of 11 times is enough to say that someone outside of that can win.

I do think Marquette can do some serious damage. Big East will be down next year. They play UMBC. Lol. I'm watching that game if it's on.

Apparently it was.

2/11 is still less than 20% tho. So that’s insane.

Ha, UMBC should get steamrolled by us I hope. Buffalo will be a grind. If BPI is even remotely correct on our defense being top 100...great chance to be a top 20 team

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 B1G teams I'm the top 50? That was probably the biggest head scratcher for me, among alot of other teams.

Also, I completely forgot Morrow transferred to Marquette. Obviously, I think we can all agree 4 is too high, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them on the 3/4 line. And while I think Nova wins the Big East because Nova, it also wouldn't shock me if Marquette was right there with them. Big East is gonna be a fascinating conference. I think the depth of the league will be very good, maybe just slightly weaker at the top with Xavier taking a step back.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, be nice to see Marquette back and competitive in NCAA Basketball but can't see them ahead of Duke.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 B1G teams I'm the top 50? That was probably the biggest head scratcher for me, among alot of other teams.

Also, I completely forgot Morrow transferred to Marquette. Obviously, I think we can all agree 4 is too high, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them on the 3/4 line. And while I think Nova wins the Big East because Nova, it also wouldn't shock me if Marquette was right there with them. Big East is gonna be a fascinating conference. I think the depth of the league will be very good, maybe just slightly weaker at the top with Xavier taking a step back.

Yeah preseason it seems like it puts a ton of weight into returning players and offense. So that’s why teams like Marquette and Iowa show very nicely here. It’s obviously flawed as a whole.

But yeah, Morrow should be a huge piece. Marquette has the pieces in place. There are still a lot of variables that need to go right to have a really good season. But I do believe we may be the deepest team in the conference. Just need the D to be there, the players to be happy with competitive PT, and the top end guys to do their thing(along with wojo proving himself).

I’m ready for fall/winter sports to get going.