• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of season avatar bets - Time to pay up

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me, at what point was I "stupid" to accept a bet that the Lakers would have a better record when pretty much everyone had them in the high 20's/low 30's?

Remember that time you called @HurricaneDij39 pathetic for having to go back and dig up old posts?........

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...you have a spectacular memory....

Your post was on the same thread as mine.

Thanks!

Definitely don't remember most of my posts a year later, but I do remember that one. Certain conversations tend to stick better than others.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaqdaddy11 's a woman?

BIJvtV6.gif
what do you know about pressure?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you know about pressure?

SO you're back? I doubt stay up on this board so what happened? Was part of this bet - you coming back to tHoop?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. If you have me defending Dij, you're clearly in the wrong.

To be fair, Shaqdaddy brought up and quoted those past posts to support points in a current discussion. Cane likes to go back and dig up old posts to support points in something that was discussed and moved on from months ago and that are not currently being discussed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Shaqdaddy brought up and quoted those past posts to support points in a current discussion. Cane likes to go back and dig up old posts to support points in something that was discussed and moved on from months ago and that are not currently being discussed.

I'm aware the situations are different. But she knocked him for going back digging up old posts dating months back (which I do think is pathetic). But then she turns around and does the same thing. That's what makes her a hypocrite and that's why @Mecca called her out. It also doesn't help that she generally tries to troll and although she calls Wiggy and Dij out for being trolls - she's not exactly in a much better light than them if at all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then she turns around and does the same thing. That's what makes her a hypocrite and that's why @Mecca called her out.

This where I disagree. If someone is quoting old posts to back up their point in a current debate, I don't see an issue. That is what she did.

Cane drags up old posts that no one has discussed in weeks or months and that aren't currently being discussed. That's what he's been called out for.

I mean, technically speaking, it's maybe technically hypocritical because it's still bringing up old posts. But to me, the difference is that it's in a current discussion.

I think most of us, myself included, have called out Cane for that crap he does. Does that mean that if you say I said something at the beginning of the season and I say I didn't, that you are being hypocritical if you quote my old post to show me that I did say it? :noidea:

It also doesn't help that she generally tries to troll and although she calls Wiggy and Dij out for being trolls - she's not exactly in a much better light than them if at all.

And this, imo, is what hurts her credibility more than anything.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This where I disagree. If someone is quoting old posts to back up their point in a current debate, I don't see an issue. That is what she did.

Cane drags up old posts that no one has discussed in weeks or months and that aren't currently being discussed. That's what he's been called out for.

I mean, technically speaking, it's maybe technically hypocritical because it's still bringing up old posts. But to me, the difference is that it's in a current discussion.

I think most of us, myself included, have called out Cane for that crap he does. Does that mean that if you say I said something at the beginning of the season and I say I didn't, that you are being hypocritical if you quote my old post to show me that I did say it? :noidea:

I'm willing to adjust my stance on the former with the points you've brought up. But on the latter, you see my point. And that, ladies and gentlemen is how you can have a civilized intellectual debate.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to adjust my stance on the former with the points you've brought up. But on the latter, you see my point. And that, ladies and gentlemen is how you can have a civilized intellectual debate.

yeah man, but how's THAT any kind of entertainment...?:heh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm aware the situations are different. But she knocked him for going back digging up old posts dating months back (which I do think is pathetic). But then she turns around and does the same thing. That's what makes her a hypocrite and that's why @Mecca called her out. It also doesn't help that she generally tries to troll and although she calls Wiggy and Dij out for being trolls - she's not exactly in a much better light than them if at all.

No.

She did the exact same thing to me in the Kawhi trade thread.

The exact same thing.

Me conceding on posts in the past about the Cavs, Lakers or Celtics had jack Shit to do with her being wrong about that trade proposal.

Yet, she went back months searching for posts.

There is no difference.

So, having her complain about him doing it to her is hypocritical.

She and I have put the issue aside.

But, the point still stands.

Last edited:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, so you're going with the "I know you are but what am I" approach.

f68e1fc8c0e4924b863c321d573137304cc1ecd7f74df0ac3459cf2f2c4c0d38.jpg

For the sake of your kids I hope that shit isn't genetic!
Oh no...this won't end well. We all have heated debates but people's kids should be off limits. :nono: