• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elway one of least trusted Executives

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a good or bad thing? :crazy:

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal

Of course he doesn't sign alot of guys crazy money in FA so yeah agents hate him.

I expect Elway will step down in 2020 anyways. Kubes will take over ugh. Lots of unknowns ahead. First time in my lifetime I'm concerned about the Broncos structure the next few years will be telling.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal

Of course he doesn't sign alot of guys crazy money in FA so yeah agents hate him.

I expect Elway will step down in 2020 anyways. Kubes will take over ugh. Lots of unknowns ahead. First time in my lifetime I'm concerned about the Broncos structure the next few years will be telling.

What if Elway stays on as President of Football Operations and Kubiak becomes the General Manager?

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak has experience playing, coaching, and scouting. With a staff around him to share the load I think he'd do well as a GM. And he could have Elway around to play Bad Cop for him.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big deal

Didn't he just sign a five year extension? Elway won't quit anytime soon.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's had some bad draft picks but don't ever forget that Elway re-established a winning culture with our beloved Broncos after the Josh McDaniels disaster. I'll always be grateful for everything Elway has done for our team and city. He may be around another 5 years or less but he'll always be known as the ultimate Bronco.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's a knock per se if you read the blurb carefully. He's also one of the most respected GM's in the eyes of agents. Elway makes an agent's job hard, a guy like Allen may be sloppy and annoying but you'll get a payday out of it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give shitskees about this. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays hardball. We've all known that. It comes with people not exactly liking to have to work with you. It also shows that Elway will work hard to make sure to get the best deal for the team. That will mean players are not going to get top dollar every time. I would rather see our cap situation stay under control than be one of these teams $10 million over the cap even before FA starts.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing that Elways has done a very nice job on is controlling the cap. A lot of short term deals for not insane money. DT and Miller have been the exception, and while some are disappointed with DT's production he is still really good. If we cut him many teams would be interested and Denver would miss him.

I love the way he handles himself on the field. No talking just go out and do your job to the best of your ability. He is so not the Dez and TO type of WR, but like Megatron. I have heard that many Detroit fans were glad when Johnson retired because he seemed to disappear too often in games. But those same fans missed him when he was not there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one thing that Elways has done a very nice job on is controlling the cap. A lot of short term deals for not insane money. DT and Miller have been the exception, and while some are disappointed with DT's production he is still really good. If we cut him many teams would be interested and Denver would miss him.

I love the way he handles himself on the field. No talking just go out and do your job to the best of your ability. He is so not the Dez and TO type of WR, but like Megatron. I have heard that many Detroit fans were glad when Johnson retired because he seemed to disappear too often in games. But those same fans missed him when he was not there.

Yeah I haven't had any problem with us signing DT long-term. He has had some bad moments but I still remember his catch against the Steelers for a big first down where he made the 1-handed catch. Very underrated play. Throw in he has been nothing but a good teammate and hard worker. The guy has played through some pretty bad injuries as well.

I honestly had more issue with the signing of Sanders. He made sense when we had a QB like Manning but paying two WR's huge money with Siemian/Lynch at the helm was not a good use of the money. Should have gone to the OL.