• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eduardo Rodriguez MLB Debut

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what we know now...this kind of stings a bit.

Red Sox's Eduardo Rodriguez tosses gem in major-league debut
Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez earned the win in his major-league debut on Thursday, giving up just three hits and two walks in 7 2/3 scoreless innings while striking out seven in his team's 5-1 victory over the Rangers.

Rodriguez (1-0) was dominant in the outing, needing just 90 pitches to get through seven innings. He was removed with two on in the eighth, but the bullpen was able to snuff out the potential rally, letting the rookie finish his debut with no runs to his credit.

"Anybody that watched this game could see how impressive he is," manager John Farrell said, per ESPN.com. "Guys don't come along like that very often."

Rodriguez was brought up to make a spot start for the team, but with the Red Sox rotation struggling through most of the year, his excellent performance on Thursday will certainly cause management to think long and hard about keeping him in the rotation.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing what we know now...this kind of stings a bit.

Red Sox's Eduardo Rodriguez tosses gem in major-league debut
Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez earned the win in his major-league debut on Thursday, giving up just three hits and two walks in 7 2/3 scoreless innings while striking out seven in his team's 5-1 victory over the Rangers.

Rodriguez (1-0) was dominant in the outing, needing just 90 pitches to get through seven innings. He was removed with two on in the eighth, but the bullpen was able to snuff out the potential rally, letting the rookie finish his debut with no runs to his credit.

"Anybody that watched this game could see how impressive he is," manager John Farrell said, per ESPN.com. "Guys don't come along like that very often."

Rodriguez was brought up to make a spot start for the team, but with the Red Sox rotation struggling through most of the year, his excellent performance on Thursday will certainly cause management to think long and hard about keeping him in the rotation.

the only part that stings is the red sox have a cheap pitcher for years and all we got was a rental for a few months . ed rod is good but berry is better plus i will take wilson , wright , berry , bundy , harvey , gausman and the like . what i hate is our outfield play and no nolan yet !!!!

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the sting I was referring to...we got a rental player...they got a good pitcher for years maybe...can never have enough starting pitching ted...no matter how much you like our guys.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the sting I was referring to...we got a rental player...they got a good pitcher for years maybe...can never have enough starting pitching ted...no matter how much you like our guys.
the grass is always greener on the other side . but we still have tj

huntingpa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into first starts of any pitcher don't forget there is little to nothing on the young starters when they come into the league. We won't know how he transfers into the league until at the earliest 10 starts or 40 innings or so. But it still would be nice to have him on our roster given we gave him up for a rental.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't read too much into first starts of any pitcher don't forget there is little to nothing on the young starters when they come into the league. We won't know how he transfers into the league until at the earliest 10 starts or 40 innings or so. But it still would be nice to have him on our roster given we gave him up for a rental.
erod is a lefty with control issues

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had him in the organization for quite some time and I am sure the Orioles knew what they were giving up when they made the trade. You hate to give up on a young lefty that shows even a little bit of promise, but the O's pulled the trigger on a move they thought they needed to do to make a run in the playoffs. Miller did do very well for the team, it just sucks he was a rental.