• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eating crow

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 games in, but I have to admit something.

When this team signed Dee Gordon, a 2nd baseman and former PED-guilty player to play CF, a position he's never played, I openly thought it was one of the worst moves a team could make. I thought it would crash and burn. I assumed he had a 2nd baseman's arm and pictured him getting lost on fly ball routes routinely.

3 games in, he still may lose some balls. He still may crash and burn.

I don't care. I love Dee Gordon. I love the way he plays the game, obviously having fun. I love blazing speed and the balls to make you stop him. Gonna go out on a limb here and predict he steels home once this year.

I was 100% wrong on hating the Dee Gordon signing and I'm admitting it.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on gordan
and there may be some more mind changing...cuz the mariners are a good team with playoff potential.. if they can stay off the injury bug.. bus.lolol

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty: meh at the whole Dee Gordon pick up. I looked at it as an even swap with Dyson as far as what he brings to the table.

He seems to have a good love of the game and an all out hustle attitude which is what our team needs in a veteran presence. Most of our other veteran players have a much more laid back approach when it comes to enthusiasm and energy.

While I do not share ulmax's far reaching limits as to the 2018 M's playoff possibilities.... I will give credit where credit is due and tip my cap to the club on a great opening series against a very good Cleveland Indians team.

If they can roll thru April and May and avoid the dreaded 6-7 game losing streaks and keep playing .500 - .520 win % baseball, I will re-access my projections and maybe I will put some crow on my own plate to eat.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 games in, but I have to admit something.

When this team signed Dee Gordon, a 2nd baseman and former PED-guilty player to play CF, a position he's never played, I openly thought it was one of the worst moves a team could make. I thought it would crash and burn. I assumed he had a 2nd baseman's arm and pictured him getting lost on fly ball routes routinely.

3 games in, he still may lose some balls. He still may crash and burn.

I don't care. I love Dee Gordon. I love the way he plays the game, obviously having fun. I love blazing speed and the balls to make you stop him. Gonna go out on a limb here and predict he steels home once this year.

I was 100% wrong on hating the Dee Gordon signing and I'm admitting it.

I'm kinda shocked you would go there,
I mean it's early in the season,
And this is the M's!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I like about Gordon is his fire, competitiveness he brings to the table... For example, after his Sac bunt yesterday, Segura hit a double knocking in Freitas for our first run of the game and Gordon jumped out of the dug pumping his fist, yelling, "F-YA"... He was pumped... Then his HR, he was doing the same... Something this team has lacked from the offensive standpoint is fire and passion and that's one thing that DG brings... We have too many laid back players on this team... It was nice to see some fire...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I like about Gordon is his fire, competitiveness he brings to the table... For example, after his Sac bunt yesterday, Segura hit a double knocking in Freitas for our first run of the game and Gordon jumped out of the dug pumping his fist, yelling, "F-YA"... He was pumped... Then his HR, he was doing the same... Something this team has lacked from the offensive standpoint is fire and passion and that's one thing that DG brings... We have too many laid back players on this team... It was nice to see some fire...
Fire spreads... Its contagious

Dee is a fun player to watch.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners made a risky move hoping that Gordon translated defensively to CF, and so far it has been a tremendous success IMO.

Made some incredible throws in Spring Training and he clearly has incredible range in CF. It's a mere 3 games in, but based off his spring training performance and this brief sample size in the regular season, I think there's a strong chance he could end up being graded as one of the best defensive CF in baseball.

Always liked Gordon a lot and he's already shaping up to be one of the most likable players on the team.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not root for a guy like this? Before the Mariners even acquired him, this gave me goosebumps and was one of my favorite baseball moments of 2017:

This guy is already making a huge difference in the dugout. His smile and energy is going to be what makes this team rock. I get such a kick out of him and when he is interviewed he just rocks it. So cool!!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that it is really nice to see so many positive posts on the forum. I'm as guilty as the next guy about posting "not so positive" posts when venting frustrations but Dee is doing positive things with the team and I think he is doing positive things for the fans too. :clap:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is already making a huge difference in the dugout. His smile and energy is going to be what makes this team rock. I get such a kick out of him and when he is interviewed he just rocks it. So cool!!

Haven't seen any of his interviews but I absolutely love his attitude. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players on the team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that it is really nice to see so many positive posts on the forum. I'm as guilty as the next guy about posting "not so positive" posts when venting frustrations but Dee is doing positive things with the team and I think he is doing positive things for the fans too. :clap:

Don't worry, we'll go back to normal soon.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on gordan
and there may be some more mind changing...cuz the mariners are a good team with playoff potential.. if they can stay off the injury bug.. bus.lolol

Injury bug and starting pitching needs to hold serve.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in, and i'm eating crow, too.

clearly, the starting rotation is just as good as any non-playoff team's from last year.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gordon and I'm glad the M's got him. That said I don't like the notion of we need an X so we'll go get a Y and just make him an X. Gordon seems to be a good outfielder, but I really hope the Mariners don't make a habit of doing that.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, we'll go back to normal soon.
if they do not...then depth is the reason
cuz they have been having some minor injury issues already...any big ones could hurt/or to pitching could hurt as well