• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

earl thomas

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should The Redskins Make A Move For Earl Thomas?

so do we give up some resources to get this guy ? he is 29 going on 30 . do we pay him over our own guys we need to resign ?

yeah , i know every player that becomes "available " gets talked about but it is a message board , right ?

i will give my answer soon

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why for both of you GK and Mitz

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my reasoning is no , why ? because i dont want to use resources we have to commit to an older guy when we are so far away from competing for super bowls

we should use the money and resources to keep our own guys we develop

we should have ponied up the meager amount of spencer longs contract to replace Lavou with younger and better production . signing thomas means saying good bye to a crowder or smith . maybe scherf to make a run at a playoff win at best

not worth the investment . we shouldnt let good players like long TM and BB walk over money , monet we blew on ineffective free agents

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why for both of you GK and Mitz

sure, thomas is an absolute stud right now. but, i like the young guys already on the team in everett & nicholson.

and, do we really need another sua cravens situation in d.c.?...pass on the cowboy wanna be.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas is a possible HOFer but he has become increasingly more susceptible to injury over the last two years. Now, that could be Father Time working his magic, or it could be that hasn’t had Cam to protect him as often over those seasons. Either way, that affects his availability. For the money he will cost, he isn’t worth the gamble.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Do think they should kick tires on Vaccaro, Reid, and Boston though

SeanTaylor21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No

Do think they should kick tires on Vaccaro, Reid, and Boston though

Yes, I like Nicholson, but so far he's been hurt, productive when healthy, but stayed hurt and Everett isn't a NFL starter but an ok serviceable backup. We need to get some talent at safety and I think any of those guys mentioned above would come at an affordable price and produce at a starter level and not as a stop gap 1 season kind of player. Or are we planning on keep starting the Fish Smithson's of the world?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like Nicholson, but so far he's been hurt, productive when healthy, but stayed hurt and Everett isn't a NFL starter but an ok serviceable backup. We need to get some talent at safety and I think any of those guys mentioned above would come at an affordable price and produce at a starter level and not as a stop gap 1 season kind of player. Or are we planning on keep starting the Fish Smithson's of the world?
I say you find out about apke , fish. And branding . If they aren’t the answer then og , cb and safety become top needs in the draft

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say you find out about apke , fish. And branding . If they aren’t the answer then og , cb and safety become top needs in the draft

I'm with you regarding Apke but you lose me on Fish and Branding. I think Apke is going to need some time to develop though his draft pedigree will probably prevent us from being able to stash him on the practice squad.

3 safeties on the field at once is a trend that more and more teams are employing. I'd definitely feel more confident with Reid, Vaccarro, or Boston. Also provide ST help and injury protection

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you regarding Apke but you lose me on Fish and Branding. I think Apke is going to need some time to develop though his draft pedigree will probably prevent us from being able to stash him on the practice squad.

3 safeties on the field at once is a trend that more and more teams are employing. I'd definitely feel more confident with Reid, Vaccarro, or Boston. Also provide ST help and injury protection

here is my thing reid is a distraction , so far we have been distraction free, so i wouldnt sign him . vaccarro cant cover much although he is good in the box and boston could be a guy to look at for sure

my theme has always been give our young guys the shot first . you should have noticed this by now . fish has had good reviews and blanding has as well especially as a tackler , which we have a huge issue with

i think we should at least go into TC before signing anyone else . i would really like to see us roll over that cap space because we have 3 tough resigns in the off season

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is my thing reid is a distraction , so far we have been distraction free, so i wouldnt sign him . vaccarro cant cover much although he is good in the box and boston could be a guy to look at for sure

my theme has always been give our young guys the shot first . you should have noticed this by now . fish has had good reviews and blanding has as well especially as a tackler , which we have a huge issue with

i think we should at least go into TC before signing anyone else . i would really like to see us roll over that cap space because we have 3 tough resigns in the off season

I dont think Reid is a distraction.... unlike Kaepernick who is a proven commodity (terrible QB, awful record, over 30) Reid at least has youth on his side and flashed when healthy. I dont think Reid should be out of the league like I think Kaep should (based on ability)

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone on these boards like the young unproven flavor of the week....

the Sultan Mccullough and Colt Brennan d*ck riding was something else haha

for me right now its Guice and Jonathan Allen but they arent totally unproven

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone on these boards like the young unproven flavor of the week....

the Sultan Mccullough and Colt Brennan d*ck riding was something else haha

for me right now its Guice and Jonathan Allen but they arent totally unproven

i wasnt on those band wagons and i know all about hype aka marley

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I already forgot about him
look i know Fish and blanding could easily be PS material this season . i mention these guys because both could have been drafted and they have played well so far .

i am under no illusion they may not cut it . UDFA's rarely make it but i will say this crop , this year is a good crop

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are more than ready to trade him to you guys