• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles new QB coach. Ryan Day.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Eagles hire Boston College offensive coordinator Ryan Day as quarterback coach | NJ.com

10101717.jpeg

The Eagles filled one of their vacancies on Thursday, hiring Boston College offensive coordinator Ryan Day as their quarterbacks coach, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.

Day, who has coached at Boston College for nine season, replaces Bill Musgrave, who was hired by the Oakland Raiders earlier this week.

The Eagles have yet to announce the hire.

With the hiring of Day, head coach Chip Kelly will have a new quarterbacks for the third time since entering the NFL. Day got his coaching career started at the University of New Hampshire in 2002 under Kelly as a tight ends coach. From there, Day bounced back and forth between Boston College, Florida, and Temple University, coaching at all three schools between 2003 and 2014.​

Ryan Day Bio - Boston College Official Athletic Site

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Hampshire is the new Oregon!

Chip was this guy's QB coach at one point in New Hampshire. Kind of interesting.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's kind of neat - something that bucks the trend of hiring re-treads. Anyone has to be better than Bill Musgrave was this year. No one knew who Bill Lazor was when they hired him and he turned out pretty good. I like the hire.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its best that a guy in that position be young, hungry and thoroughly familiar with how Chip operates.

Now for GM, its kind of the opposite. You want a guy with a thick rolodex (or for you younger guys, be text buddies?). Its about who you know and working the phones to get a really good idea of what others around the league are thinking.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its best that a guy in that position be young, hungry and thoroughly familiar with how Chip operates.

Now for GM, its kind of the opposite. You want a guy with a thick rolodex (or for you younger guys, be text buddies?). Its about who you know and working the phones to get a really good idea of what others around the league are thinking.

What's just as important is that he finds someone who thinks the same way he does, share the same philosophies - it's ironic that I think if Gamble were still around he would be the perfect candidate to fill this vacancy and we wouldn't have all this drama to find a new guy - Chip is cognizant enough to know he can't rush this process, whoever the new guy is going to be. Having sais that, it would be nice to have someone in place before the Combine though.

Chip has struck me as being the type of guy that if you prove you have football acumen, he will listen to what you have to say. He is not above being convinced of something if you can prove your opinion to be trustworthy and competent. Which he clearly didn't get from being around Roseman.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NH High School Football Player of the Year 1996. Played at Manchester (NH) Central High School. Was a pretty good basketball player too. Congrats to Ryan Day.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's kind of neat - something that bucks the trend of hiring re-treads. Anyone has to be better than Bill Musgrave was this year. No one knew who Bill Lazor was when they hired him and he turned out pretty good. I like the hire.

If Shurmur ever gets a HC job, then I wouls try to get Lazor back as OC, even if Chip had to make him Ass't HC/Offense, something creative. I think he is the OC in Miami?

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Shurmur ever gets a HC job, then I wouls try to get Lazor back as OC, even if Chip had to make him Ass't HC/Offense, something creative. I think he is the OC in Miami?

Yes he is - and was credited for a lot of Tannehill's success this year. I think that's a good idea to try and bring him back, but I have a feeling that Philbin is on his last legs in Maimi, maybe they might see Lazor as a future potential HC candidate for themselves. Personally I don't think Shurmur is doing too bad of a job, it seems Chip trusts him a lot with what they're doing and Shurmur gives him some different ideas coming from such a different background.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that is Shurmur leaves, Chip will make this guy his OC next.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Shurmur too. Just mean that if he did leave, then I would want Lazor back. It doesn't matter if Chip would make Day the OC because Chip runs the show anyway.