• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Mock

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished this up the other day.

1.32 - Justin Reid, DB, Stanford
4.130 - Folorunso Fatusaki, DT, UConn
4.132 - Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
5.169 - Tony Adams, C/G, NC State
6.206 - Brandon Shed, WR, Hobart
7.250 - Ja'whaun Bentley, MLB, Purdue

Justin Reid can play nickel or 3rd safety. Athletic with good size. He gives us young, inexpensive talent at the position.

Couldn't pass on Fatusaki. What a load. Pocket collapser that requires extra attention when he's on. He fills out the depth and gives us youth inside.

Ian Thomas is perfect developmental TE for us. Immediately we can put him out there to catch balls and create mismatches. Great hands, speed, size. Great toy for Pederson.

I wanted to add an OT but it's a poor position this year and none offered value. I decided to add depth inside and challenge Seumalo.

Long small school WR that can run and more importantly run routes. Put up good numbers. We need some fresh depth.

Bentley is huge and can thump. Maybe limited in coverage but we just need a solid backup to Hicks on 1st and 2nd down.

In UDFA, I landed a cover LB, a QB turned linebacker, more early down inside linebacker depth, a FB/TE, a FB that blocked for the last two leading rushers, and a LB who should play FB. I also landed a big, unpolished RT, a kick returning CB, a tall CB/S hybrid, a strong safety, and a small safety that makes plays. Also a punter.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-Nut, I like it, but no RB?
I feel like we have a pretty good stable of RBs right now who could prove themselves this year. Ajayi isn't a long term thing, but Clement or Pumphrey could step up, as well as Smallwood. I think we need to give them the opportunity first.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E-Nut, I like it, but no RB?
RBs were flying off the board. And without a 2nd and 3rd I can't get anybody that's better than Clement anyway.

Plus what ill said. Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood, Pumphrey, Sproles(?) is a nice little stable. If something falters we can find a vet to take care of the 100 carries or so we would need.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to the names on the board in the 4th and below... but I really like the positional approach and writeup. Very nice draft and would be very happy. It needs needs and in a priority basis. I still think TE needs to be a higher consideration and might swap the CB/TE - but I honestly can't argue with a draft that looks like this. YOu still took care of many of our genuine needs. We just won a SB, and we are missing a few draft picks - but we got a "LOT" for that investment (Wentz, overall, SB win). We can load up more next year. We just need to make a genuine 'hit' on 1 or 2 of our draft picks this year. You can't do everything this year. I like it. RB is the perfect place to skimp on if we need, as we do have a lot of options. Same can be said about WR - but I like the lower developmental pick. Nice mock enut

If you don't mind me asking.... who was the first TE off the board, and where did they go? Where did Orlando Brown go?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at 32 I think Reid or one of the CB's who can play slot and be used in the return game will be the pick. I'm betting on a trade down though; Howie wants more picks. Shouldn't be hard to do since teams love that 5th year option carried by first rounders and since everything is slotted money-wise it's a cheap 5th year option. We can move down 3-5 spots and snag an early 4th.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw you were doing that for our side, and think you did OK overall. I like Reid and Thomas a lot as selections, but would have passed on the DT where you took him at the end of the fourth in favor of a RB or WR.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a mock my newspaper today, but my final won't be until Tuesday. I won't get bent out of shape since I have complete confidence in Joe Douglas, and Howie.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw you were doing that for our side, and think you did OK overall. I like Reid and Thomas a lot as selections, but would have passed on the DT where you took him at the end of the fourth in favor of a RB or WR.
My general draft philosophy is if you didn't add Dline talent you fucked up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we have a pretty good stable of RBs right now who could prove themselves this year. Ajayi isn't a long term thing, but Clement or Pumphrey could step up, as well as Smallwood. I think we need to give them the opportunity first.

True, but they like to draft a year or more in the future.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The older I get the more I think that RB success simply goes hand in hand with how good your OL is. I'm not saying that it's not important to have good RB's, but if you have a strong OL, you don't need Barry Sanders back there to be successful. Corey Clement had a slow 40 time and went undrafted, yet he looked perfectly fine for us because we had a strong Line.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The older I get the more I think that RB success simply goes hand in hand with how good your OL is. I'm not saying that it's not important to have good RB's, but if you have a strong OL, you don't need Barry Sanders back there to be successful. Corey Clement had a slow 40 time and went undrafted, yet he looked perfectly fine for us because we had a strong Line.
That's why the Eagles rarely take RB's in the 1st.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a RB is the BPA, and it could very well may be in the 2nd round, don't be surprised if a RB is our 1st pick. Assuming Guice is gone, it could be Sony Michel. Reports are that the Eagles scouts really like Michel as the 3rd best.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And while I agree with this wholeheartedly... it's the same OL that had Wentz getting knocked down the most of any QB in the league, and had him scrambling for his life many times. Good in run blocking, but poor at pass protection. I think people forget how poorly the OL actually was. Doug and wentz both made them appear better than they were, by using more guard/center pulls... and wentz's ability to escape and be mobile. The OL, imho, still needs major upgrades. I would love to see Orlando fall and would be very tempted to grab him, if the scouting department buys into his film and feels they can work on his strength and that he has the tools to jump to the next level.

RB, imho, is a pure luxury in the 1st, and one we cannot afford. WE don't have enough picks for that this year.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleeding Green Nation's Mock has us taking OT Connor Williams.

A nice read and reasoning. I would have enjoyed seeing where other players went around them in this mock - specially at TE and where Orlando went. But after TE, OL/OT has been my 2nd choice (one reason I keep tracking on Orlando). I like his reasoning and wouldn't hate this pick at all.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Williams would be nice value as a tackle/guard combo - very athletic. I'd be good with that selection too. Reminds me a bit of Mike Wahle, could have a similar type of career if he kicks inside to guard.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3