• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Lions game thread

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. A travesty. In a more just land that ref would be hung by his balls today and beat like a pinata.

That phantom hold was singled out by Greg Bedard, as merely one of a whole lot of atrocious calls.

It is silly to ignore the serious impact the officials had on the game. Merrill Reese apparently this morning was still livid. Basically stated that the two early big Riddick runs set the tone (both made possible by blatant holds/tackles by the Lions which were ignored); it was clear from that moment on that the Eagles would be playing the refs and the Lions.

The refs let the Lions play by one standard, and the Eagles by another. And whenever the Lions threatened to collapse they came up with BS calls to derail the Eagles offense (most blatant before the half, the phantom hold, the BS phantom late hit, and ignoring a major facemask/hold by the RT on Detroit's game winning drive on the play before the Tate catch, and a massive hold freeying up Tate (so OPI) on that catch). And that does not even address the most likely wrong call on the Mathews fumble (which should have been ruled OOB).

So yes, the refs played as big a role as Schwartz in the Eagles losing this game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't be happier all things considered ... Wentz made a rookie mistake trying to go for a HR when all we needed was a few singles and then a sac fly to win. He trusted a former first round pick to either make they play, draw the flag or at least break up a possible INT; Agholor couldn't do any of the 3.

If nothing else, Agholor should have interfered violently with Slay. As long as that ball hits the ground we still have a shot to win.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That phantom hold was singled out by Greg Bedard, as merely one of a whole lot of atrocious calls.

It is silly to ignore the serious impact the officials had on the game. Merrill Reese apparently this morning was still livid. Basically stated that the two early big Riddick runs set the tone (both made possible by blatant holds/tackles by the Lions which were ignored); it was clear from that moment on that the Eagles would be playing the refs and the Lions.

The refs let the Lions play by one standard, and the Eagles by another. And whenever the Lions threatened to collapse they came up with BS calls to derail the Eagles offense (most blatant before the half, the phantom hold, the BS phantom late hit, and ignoring a major facemask/hold by the RT on Detroit's game winning drive on the play before the Tate catch, and a massive hold freeying up Tate (so OPI) on that catch). And that does not even address the most likely wrong call on the Mathews fumble (which should have been ruled OOB).

So yes, the refs played as big a role as Schwartz in the Eagles losing this game.

You seriously put anything Schwartz could impact up against the refs impact?

I have avoided the refs impact because...there is always one of these a year....and I am glad to have it past now.

If Schwartz had as much impact IN THE LOSS as the refs the Lions would have stumbled to 52 points. Yes....we have up 21 pretty quickly. We got punched in the mouth. Adjustments were slow to come. But they did come after halftime....along with some spring and swagger in the defenses steps that (IMO) came from the defensive coaching staff. They all got on the same page and played a great second half.

So.....if being slow on the adjustments in the first half is on par with how badly the refs slanted that game....then please blame the defensive coach you were just anointing two weeks ago.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously put anything Schwartz could impact up against the refs impact?

I have avoided the refs impact because...there is always one of these a year....and I am glad to have it past now.

If Schwartz had as much impact IN THE LOSS as the refs the Lions would have stumbled to 52 points. Yes....we have up 21 pretty quickly. We got punched in the mouth. Adjustments were slow to come. But they did come after halftime....along with some spring and swagger in the defenses steps that (IMO) came from the defensive coaching staff. They all got on the same page and played a great second half.

So.....if being slow on the adjustments in the first half is on par with how badly the refs slanted that game....then please blame the defensive coach you were just anointing two weeks ago.

Huh?

Schwartz f-ing up played a major part in the Eagles going down 21 points.

The refs played a big part in the Lions scoring those points as well (mostly by non-calls and bogus penalties on the defense. And played a major part in the Eagles not being able to eventually put the Lions away. Most of the officiating disgrace haunted the offense. Starting with the fumble that should have been ruled OOB (and most likely would have allowed the Eagles to win the game).

The article also lists three other blatant examples.

Pederson: Ryan Mathews' fumble should have been a dead ball out of bounds

I would argue that the officiating was directly responsible for a 2 TD swing at a minimum. On at least two drives it was officiating BS that derailed the offense, exactly at the moment it was taking apart the Lions D. That alone is good for 8 points. The non-fumble (plus what followed) is another 3. And of course we have the first drive of the Lions as well (another 7 right there).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Schwartz f-ing up played a major part in the Eagles going down 21 points.

The refs played a big part in the Lions scoring those points as well (mostly by non-calls and bogus penalties on the defense. And played a major part in the Eagles not being able to eventually put the Lions away. Most of the officiating disgrace haunted the offense. Starting with the fumble that should have been ruled OOB (and most likely would have allowed the Eagles to win the game).

The article also lists three other blatant examples.

Pederson: Ryan Mathews' fumble should have been a dead ball out of bounds

I would argue that the officiating was directly responsible for a 2 TD swing at a minimum. On at least two drives it was officiating BS that derailed the offense, exactly at the moment it was taking apart the Lions D. That alone is good for 8 points. The non-fumble (plus what followed) is another 3. And of course we have the first drive of the Lions as well (another 7 right there).

So....by your own account above....Schwartzs bonehead defense could be held down for...maybe 17-20 points? Then we win the game. The officiating was what played the hand in a one point loss to an inferior team. Not the coaching.

We so often come to a place like this after a tough loss and spray blame all over the place. But, we have it pretty good on the coaching front. I feel just as confidant of this now as I did 48 hours ago. Bad officiating should not change that.

mklugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not that it matters but...

y3m5NDGO1Mos_34tJJV5cUa_4Y8DJtAVUdG5Wmha3VQeDy3nhZCdhAL5HF5mTub8SdR9y1bsaj2P8KWpD_ffOcp_Eh9OpGF972SKctv-De8hacW-VnHmj5wyzajAWMNqiWlUDZtQi2lVf0UfU4XSyqHHg83b6QEbban1u1kD_y03Bc

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some are just agholor hating. The ball was over his right shoulder, behind him. He could barely see it, lone less knock it down. He was trying to adjust and in the middle of losing his balance trying to adjust to it BEHIND HIM, which put the defender in a better position for it. He had very little chance to swat the ball down. It would have been nice if he did - but it was a bad playcall; a bad decision based on the tight coverage and us not NEEDING to throw it that far when a FG wins the game. But even beyond that, and I "LOVE" Wentz accuracy, it was simply not well placed. A perfect storm, and the blame simply can't be placed on Agholor, on that pass, imho.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this?

Ref threw flag in Detroit, not knowing which team was on offense

How does this happen?!? If this was the case those refs should be suspended and/or fined (but we know that won't happen of course); no wonder ratings are down this year.

A Pete Morelli crew special. It's not a new thing.

Just a quick google of his name gives multiple stories about how bad his crew was last year. So bad that they were all reassigned.

And then two weeks ago he was caught cursing on an open mic.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin...ciating-crew-aft-1778447955/amp?client=safari

We got saddled with that officiating crew last week. Poor luck.

What I do hope is that the eagles coaches get up #98's ass for being ineligible downfield in the second half. The fuck were you doing on offense, Conner Barwin??

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Pete Morelli crew special. It's not a new thing.

Just a quick google of his name gives multiple stories about how bad his crew was last year. So bad that they were all reassigned.

And then two weeks ago he was caught cursing on an open mic.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadspin...ciating-crew-aft-1778447955/amp?client=safari

We got saddled with that officiating crew last week. Poor luck.

What I do hope is that the eagles coaches get up #98's ass for being ineligible downfield in the second half. The fuck were you doing on offense, Conner Barwin??

The call against Sproles was pretty bad.

But we weren't getting more than a FG on that drive anyway.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I remember is the quick replay of that play during the broadcast. But it did not bug me too terribly at the time as it looked like a bang bang call. The Lions player was engaged with an Eagles lineman and actually pushed the lineman off just a tick before Sproles came in and blocked.

It looked pretty clear in slow mo replay. But that might not have been so when it was in live time.

Besides....I would expect that from a shoddy officiating crew that was just formed back in May.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't prove that ball is touching Kelce

Very much my thought here as well. Trust me...I wanted them to come back and overturn the call. But the crux was in irrefutable evidence to overturn the call. And there was nothing conclusive.

It was one of those plays that could not have been overturned no matter which way the initial call went.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably we actually would have. Detroit defense could not stop us at that point.