• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty Would You Rather

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones or 1.02 Love Chubb and Guice, for redraft Julio is nice, but longterm a big bodied guy with a bum foot = short career

Zeke or 1.01 Zeke is going to get himself kicked out of the league

OBJ or 1.01 OBJ is the 3rd most valuable dynasty asset this season imo

Fournette or Kareem Hunt I like Hunt better, but Fournette has the value

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon this one isn't close

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry both likely in a split backfield Bernard is a better player than Mixon if he can stay on the field

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy WAT

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson Both played great last year

Gronk or Ertz Gronk isn't retiring

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill I do like cooks this season, But Hill is an awesome weapon and i trust Andy more than BB

AROB or Davante Adams

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry

Youre one of the few people Ive seen who seems legitimately concerned about Zeke off field. I agree FWIW.

Was surprised to hear you say Gordon v Howard wasnt close so I gave them both another look. Still think its close but I am a little more confident I prefer Gordon now.

Im not sure I expect Bernard to steal much playing time from Mixon but well see. Still a bit of an unknown I guess.

McKinnon just got a big commitment from an up and coming offense with an offensive and RB guru. I think hes clearly a far worse player than McCoy but hes 3 years younger and in a much better situation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones or 1.02- Depends on the year, but i might go with the mystery pick... Jones is so frustrating because he just doesn't get the TDs... and now he is getting OLD- BUT IN A PPR LEAGUE WHERE YOU CAN START MORE THAN 3 WRs THEN JONES IS THE CLEAR KEEP>>.

Zeke or 1.01- Zeke is everything you would want from 1.01, why not keep it safe

OBJ or 1.01- Depends on the year, but i guess in a PPR league OBJ is the SAFER keep...

Fournette or Kareem Hunt- Fournette has the better role IMO... HE IS THE OFFENSE, we dont know this new KC offense yet

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon- Howard smells bad,

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry- TIE

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy- dont care if it is a dynasty or not, you dont pick a bench player that needs to prove himself over a top 10 RB... you can trade McCoy during the season and get MUCH more than mcKinnon

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson- this might as well be a tie, but i am basing this on the teams defense... Houston SUCKED last year...

Gronk or Ertz- Gronk is game changing

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen- less injury prone

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill- i hate patriots skill players besides Gronk, you never know the game plan... at least Hill is the number one receiver..

AROB or Davante Adams- elite talent gets new team

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton- WHO CARES!!! they are both players you SETTLE on

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster- the talent and more direct path to be the WR1

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry- he is the new Eric Decker, Just very consistent...

Ok thats probably enough...have at it!

Will the KC offense really change that much though? Hunt is a very good all around back, I dont see that changing.

Mckinnon vs McCoy not sure I agree. The bottom could fall out on both of their values. McCoy is old - he could blow up (in a bad way) any second.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really difficult without knowing what the rest of the roster might be, but I'll give it a shot:

Julio Jones or 1.02 - Give me the 1.02 and I would trade it to somebody that needs running backs for a better wide receiver than Julio

Zeke or 1.01 - And this one isn't even remotely close

OBJ or 1.01 - I'd rather have Barkley with the drama of OBJ

Fournette or Kareem Hunt - Hunt's just too much better in the passing game

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon - The Chargers just trust Gordon a lot more

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry - This one's tough, but I'll take the guy that averages more than 3.5ypc

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy - This one is close also, but I'll give the advantage to Mckinnon because I think Mccoy only has two more years left in him.

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson - Everybody knows how much I love Watson

Gronk or Ertz - I still wouldn't take any other tight end over Gronk.

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen - I think Keenan Allen is just a better receiver and Brees is 40 so Michael Thomas is going to have a mystery quarterback sooner than Allen

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill - Cooks just has a way of disappearing in way too many games

AROB or Davante Adams - Well let's think, Mitch Trubisky or Aaron Rodgers?

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton - AMARI COOPER CAN'T CATCH!!

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster - I honestly could see either one of them but Davis's quarterback hasn't talked about retiring in the near future.

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry - Thielen has the better quarterback for now, but Landry is a better football player and that always wins out in the long run

Ok thats probably enough...have at it!

Like your thinking on the Julio one lol

Zeke I agree (as much as I love saquon)

OBJ. STRONGLY disagree. I think the case for OBJ over 1.01 is the same as the case for Zeke over 1.01, just stronger (FWIW Id argue Zeke has had a lot more drama than OBJ). Im taking OBJ over any pick or player you can name though which makes me a bit of an outcast around here. :D

Gronk - interesting. I almost put Gronk vs Kelce to see how that would go but assumed nobody would take Gronk. Personally Id go Kelce SLIGHTLY but I think Gronk is much closer to Kelce than he is to Ertz.

Good point about Brees. Ive been waffling on that one but I looove Keenan.

All the targets from Trubisky or some of the targets from Rodgers though?

Yea Cooper was real bad last year. Still in rare company with 2 1000 yard seasons in his first 2 years though.

Id disagree about Landry being the better football player. In fact thats why I picked Thielen. Im not sure how Landry will do in a new situation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrick Mckinnon was worse than Asiata when AD went down in 16 and the 49ers line isn't close to what the Vikings line was last year. Mckinnon was left wide open a ton last year he took what the defense gave him and no more.

Yea I think its crazy they gave him so much money but still...they did which shows a willingness to use him in what should be a great situation for him. Plus he has the edge with age.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones or 1.02 - honestly would take either, the deciding factor being what I need on my roster. I think Julio, as great as he is, is gonna start a sharp decline very soon. All those nagging injuries that keep him out for a series here and there, or a quarter, or a half, are going to start equating games missed. And he hasn't exactly been elite lately anyways.

Zeke or 1.01 Zeke, without question. Maybe Barkley ends up better, not taking that chance knowing full well what Zeke can do

OBJ or 1.01 - gladly take Barkley. Anyone stupid enough to allow video of weed, a hooker, and cocaine all in one clip, is a ticking time bomb waiting for a lifetime ban. Someone else can have his production until then

Fournette or Kareem Hunt - Hunt, KC's offense seems much more stable. If nothing else..Andy Died, nuff said

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon - Howard. Gordon gets outplayed by no names too often to be a long term asset

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry - Henry, more faith in the Titans than the Bengals figuring it out

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy - McCoy, McKinnon wasn't as great as he seemed. And Shanny loves splitting touches. I have doubts he can do what would need to be done to justify that valuation with a D. Freeman- esque load

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson - Wentz. I'll always choose the pocket passer over the runner who relies on big plays for their points

Gronk or Ertz - Ertz. Longevity and similar enough production for short term

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen - Thomas. Both Bree's and Rivers are short timers at this point, but the Saints seem like they'd be more apt to maintain an aerial attack after their HOF QB is gone.

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill -Hill, still say Cooks is the most operated WR playing today, even matching him with Brady didn't move him into elite status. Hill has value outside of deep routes

AROB or Davante Adams -Adams without question. No Jordy, Rodgers new unquestioned #1, vs Trubisky's #1..why would there be a doubt?

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton -Cooper, but, only because I don't want to bank on Luck.

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster- Davis. Big Ben wishy washy, L. Bell probably gone soon, the #2 in that offense doesn't gave longterm appeal.

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry - Thielen, Landry is perfectly fine, but, no thanks

While the video for OBJ certainly isnt encouraging, hes never failed a drug test or gotten in any actual trouble. As of now hes a loooooooong way from being kicked from the league. Zeke on the other hand is literally one more stupid decision from getting that lifetime ban...

Cooks is 24 years old with 3900+ yards and 27 TDs in his career (3 straight 1000 yard seasons). Can we really call that overrated?

Arob vs Adams - because Arob has no competition for targets and is the better receiver in a more creative offense. For sure Adams has the better QB but I think the overall situations are close enough that Ill take who (I think) is the better player

Hmm interesting point about Juju. I guess things could fall apart there quickly.

Lol exactly how I feel about Landry.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones or 1.02 Lots depends on my roster, but if I'm a Jones owner I'm looking to trade him while his value is still good. Give me 1.02

Zeke or 1.01 Zeke

OBJ or 1.01 1.01 OBJ has just to many question marks. He's coming off a injury, looks like he may get traded and if he isn't he's playing with ancient Eli and a crappy OL? Besides OBJ is just to much of a head case for dynasty.

Fournette or Kareem Hunt PPR you would think Hunt right? However his usage has been a head scratcher, for a long spell the Chiefs quit using him much. Fournette is the offense centerpiece and that's not going to change. Fournette for me.

Jordan Howard or Melvin Gordon This is a tough one, think I'll go Gordan, but not confidently.

Joe Mixon or Derrick Henry Another tough one. Henry has a very good OL, he should do well, Mixon doesn't. However this is dynasty and Mixon is easily the more talented RB in my mind. The quality difference in the OL will change over their career. Give me the more talented RB. I'll go Mixon.

Jerrick Mckinnon or Lesean McCoy Are you kidding me? McCoy. Mckinnon is a JAG

Carson Wentz or Deshaun Watson Wentz

Gronk or Ertz This is dynasty guys, Ertz is good now he'll be good tomorrow. Ertz

Michael Thomas or Keenan Allen Thomas just because I don't trust Allen to stay healthy.

Brandin Cooks or Tyreek Hill Hill Never been a big fan of Cooks

AROB or Davante Adams Another are you fu***ing kidding me? Adams

Amari Cooper or TY Hilton Hilton, but only because Cooper been disappointing FF owners his whole career

Corey Davis or Juju Smith-Schuster Corey Davis go with the better talent.

Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry Thielen he"s on the rise and Landry isn't

I just keep being blown away by all the people knocking OBJ for being a head case but not seeming to care about Zeke.

I also think a trade wouldnt hurt OBJ in the least. Anywhere he goes hes a top 3 WR in the NFL at 24 years old. And if he goes to LA or SF hes in a better situation anyways. Still my #1 dynasty player.

True Hunts usage was a bit up and down. But hes more complete and dare I say...just a better player.

Mckinnons a JAG in a better situation. You arent alone in being shocked by that one though lol.

Several people have picked AROB but those who have gone Adams seem to think it isnt even close. Personally I think the situations are close (not the QBs but the situations) enough that Ill take the better player (AROB). I definitely dont see how its Adams by a wide margin though - hes never even had 1000 yards!

Cooper disappointed last year but Id argue his 1st 2 seasons far exceeded expectations.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like your thinking on the Julio one lol

Zeke I agree (as much as I love saquon)

OBJ. STRONGLY disagree. I think the case for OBJ over 1.01 is the same as the case for Zeke over 1.01, just stronger (FWIW Id argue Zeke has had a lot more drama than OBJ). Im taking OBJ over any pick or player you can name though which makes me a bit of an outcast around here. :D

Gronk - interesting. I almost put Gronk vs Kelce to see how that would go but assumed nobody would take Gronk. Personally Id go Kelce SLIGHTLY but I think Gronk is much closer to Kelce than he is to Ertz.

Good point about Brees. Ive been waffling on that one but I looove Keenan.

All the targets from Trubisky or some of the targets from Rodgers though?

Yea Cooper was real bad last year. Still in rare company with 2 1000 yard seasons in his first 2 years though.

Id disagree about Landry being the better football player. In fact thats why I picked Thielen. Im not sure how Landry will do in a new situation.

My problem with OBJ is more because I just can't root for that jackass. In redraft leagues I don't ever let personal feelings for a player as a person sway me one way or the other, but in dynasty when he will be on your roster for a long time I have a hard time owning players that just make me want to punch them in the face every time they're interviewed.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I definitely dont think Howard will lose his job this year or next but as you said he loses work on passing downs. Between that and the fact hes just a former 5th round pick it makes it easy to move in a new direction. Not immediately, but when it becomes convenient for Chicago. Reminds me of Alfred Morris (a 6th round non pass catching back).
Sorry but I whole heartedly disagree.
The fact that Howard is a 5th round pick should not be part of your reasoning.

If he averaged under 4 ypc, yeah, I'd be concerned.
If draft round mattered then Priest Holmes and Kurt Warner shoukd have been looking over shoulder.

I mean, er, I'll take him off your hands since he won't be around much longer.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep being blown away by all the people knocking OBJ for being a head case but not seeming to care about Zeke.

For me personally, it's two fold.
Firstly, Zeke never had a single charge filed against him, and had witnesses, evidence to suggest the entire thing was a setup. And nothing he's ever said or done on the field suggests anything but team player
Secondly, OBJ has repeatedly proven its all about him, all the time, everytime. Simply because he hasn't gotten nailed yet, doesn't mean he won't. He will, and I won't be holding the bag

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If draft round mattered then Priest Holmes and Kurt Warner shoukd have been looking over shoulder.

Draft round does matter. It basically means a team is more invested in that player. Which is very useful in projecting playing time.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft round does matter. It basically means a team is more invested in that player. Which is very useful in projecting playing time.
To clarify: it matters if they turn out to be bad.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify: it matters if they turn out to be bad.

Also, when a late or non drafted player had a role, and the next year they draft a higher pick player for that role. It is more likely that the rookie will get there job. Unless the previous player had a healthy and great season.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think its crazy they gave him so much money but still...they did which shows a willingness to use him in what should be a great situation for him. Plus he has the edge with age.

They can cut him next offseason with only 1.5 in dead cap and i doubt they keep him if he ends up the 3rd down back i expect him to be. The Shanahans do love 1 cut backs though so i'm sure he'll get more than a fair shake.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with OBJ is more because I just can't root for that jackass. In redraft leagues I don't ever let personal feelings for a player as a person sway me one way or the other, but in dynasty when he will be on your roster for a long time I have a hard time owning players that just make me want to punch them in the face every time they're interviewed.

Haha fair enough, to each his own. I personally love the dude and think that hate hw gets is unjustified but :noidea:

That said totally get wanting to own the guys you like and vice versa. That's why (in my other league where I have the 1.01) I'll never trade Saquon no matter the offers. I just want him on my team lol.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it SHOULD matter necessarily but I think it does. Ultimately hes viewed as a cheaper more expendable player. When it comes time for his second contract that coupled with his lack of 3 down ability worries me a bit.

Don't get me wrong though I'd still consider myself a pretty big Howard fan. Hes one of the only 10 or 12 RBs who I actually trust enough to feel good about owning.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good point, guess I see Zeke being much more into being a better player then OBJ. Zeke suspended, work out manic, OBJ going to the playoffs taking a vacation to party.

True Hunts usage was a bit up and down. But hes more complete and dare I say...just a better player.

More well rounded, but not a better player and not the center piece like Fournette is.

Mckinnons a JAG in a better situation.

Won't matter, he's had good situations before and the results speak loudly to me.

Several people have picked AROB but those who have gone Adams seem to think it isnt even close. Personally I think the situations are close (not the QBs but the situations) enough that Ill take the better player (AROB). I definitely dont see how its Adams by a wide margin though - hes never even had 1000 yards!

He (Adams) missed a 1000 yards by three yards one year and Robinson has only has 1, count them, 1000 yards seasons. This is a what have you done lately league and Adams wins that hands down. Now he's the clear #1 in high flying passing offense with Rogers throwing to him and Robinson is in a offense that well be running the ball a lot and he has Trubisky throwing to him.

Trade market speaks loudly in Adams favor, in the two leagues I had him, got offers I could not say no to, even though I love Adams. I'll bet Robinson owners don't get those kind of offers, in fact they are most likely including him in offers to others. I know he's been offered to me. Had to say no to those those though.:D

Cooper disappointed last year but Id argue his 1st 2 seasons far exceeded expectations.

Only if your expectations were lower then the majority IMO. He was drafted at 1.4 has not lived up to that.

Last edited:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me personally, it's two fold.
Firstly, Zeke never had a single charge filed against him, and had witnesses, evidence to suggest the entire thing was a setup. And nothing he's ever said or done on the field suggests anything but team player
Secondly, OBJ has repeatedly proven its all about him, all the time, everytime. Simply because he hasn't gotten nailed yet, doesn't mean he won't. He will, and I won't be holding the bag

Sure there are plenty of questions about how legit zeke's incident was but we know this...

- hes had other off field incidents and rumors of incidents
- If he DOES screw up and punch somebody he shouldn't again...hes gone for good

Obj on the other hand has yet to get even the first strike against his name towards being banned.

I also don't buy that obj is all about him. I think that's how people view him because they don't like him but I'd bet hes incredibly dedicated to winning and I think that's obvious honestly.

And finally, the list of super talented star wrs who are divas includes some of the best players the league has ever seen. I think hes just another all time great diva wr :noidea:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can cut him next offseason with only 1.5 in dead cap and i doubt they keep him if he ends up the 3rd down back i expect him to be. The Shanahans do love 1 cut backs though so i'm sure he'll get more than a fair shake.

True good point. Regardless though I'm sure hell get a very real shot to be the guy next year and I think hell fit in SF far better than in Min. Certainly won't be shocked if McCoy runs for 1000 again next year and McKinnon ends up cut at the end of the year lol. Plenty of risk.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I'd bet hes incredibly dedicated to winning and I think that's obvious honestly.
Obviously dedicated to HIM winning, that's all that's obvious. Haven't seen anything from him suggesting heshabout the team winning, and that is obvious. I can't honestly see anything, outside of admiration for pure athletic ability, that ANYONE would love about this guy.