• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty Leagues...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the IDP starting requirements, its actually not very big, little more than just enough room to give each required position a backup, especially when you know you'll want 3-4 extra WRs/RB's at minimum.

There's no D/St roster spot listed..it'll never be used

Turnovers yes, forced fumble? Naw, those usually get 1, sacks are almost universally two or three each.

Other thoughts on the scoring-

Passes defended seem to be crazy high, and tackles are basically being scored twice. Should be 1 for solo, .5 for assists. Giving .5 for total tackles ends up giving every solo tackle 1.5.

QB's are going to be huge..11 pts for a 50 yd TD, 10 for one of 40, plus 15 pts for hitting 300, plus the half point per completion..going to generate some huge QB scores. I know the other position get those same big play bonuses, but QB's get them far more often, and often the players on the receiving end are no names that probably aren't even rostered. Putting this scoring into a "cheatsheet generator" is going to give you all QB in your top 25 overall.
i isee this now, wow,

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed some of the scoring around, have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet.

As for the bench, I think it adds to the league. Might force more trades instead of dropping someone. It also depends on how you build your team. Some might only want 5 WR and 6 RB's...everyone is different when it comes to building a roster. Same goes for your bench. Defense is such a deep pos and new people are showing up every week. So I don't see the need for 5 CB when I can only start 2 of them and those other 3 are taking up spots for potential sleepers or rookies. It makes for a better league when you are looking at a guy you want to hold onto, but might have to drop him cause of bye week....maybe ya trade him, or maybe this makes you plan ahead a few weeks.

Got 3 new owners already....1st yr leagues will always have a few bumps, but that's when ya make changes for the next yr.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changed some of the scoring around, have not gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet.

As for the bench, I think it adds to the league. Might force more trades instead of dropping someone. It also depends on how you build your team. Some might only want 5 WR and 6 RB's...everyone is different when it comes to building a roster. Same goes for your bench. Defense is such a deep pos and new people are showing up every week. So I don't see the need for 5 CB when I can only start 2 of them and those other 3 are taking up spots for potential sleepers or rookies. It makes for a better league when you are looking at a guy you want to hold onto, but might have to drop him cause of bye week....maybe ya trade him, or maybe this makes you plan ahead a few weeks.

Got 3 new owners already....1st yr leagues will always have a few bumps, but that's when ya make changes for the next yr.
While I'm out on this one..already in plenty, I will say I agree. Limiting the bench creates more transactions amongst owners, which I feel, really adds to the overall enjoyment if the league . Our MBBRL D1 & D2 have big differences in league size and bench size, and D1, with the smaller bench seems to be much more active, (usually) tradewise

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is what I was working on....take a look. I am always open for suggestions, and am fine with voting on things, I think it's the fair thing to do. I was thinking since its the first year we can do an online draft just cause there are so many players to take. Then the following year we can do an offline rookie draft. We can decided on how many rds and such for the rookie draft. If we fill up quick and people want to offline draft, we can start the first of May...IDC. Let me know who's interested. I will be adding a 2nd LM just in case something happens and we need someone to make a decision. We can vote on who also....

Inside The 20 Dynasty! League Office - ESPN

Here are a few things I would look at a little closer...

IDPs, you have 3 DLs, 3 LBs, then your DBs break down to 2 CBs and 2 Ss. I think we should keep it consistent and either separate DEs and DTs, or just combine CBs and Ss into simply DBs and start 3 of them.

I personally do not like points per completion.

I think there should be a wider gap for bonuses for long TDs. Now, you have it set at 40 yards and 50 yards. Maybe bump the 2nd bonus up to 60 or 70 yards?

Missed XP should be worth negative points, since most every other negative play costs you points.

I think we mentioned the IDP scoring with sacks counting for more points than a turnover. I also think an IDP safety should be worth more than 2 points. It is very rare when you have to nail the player that made the tackle.

I don't like team Def if we are doing so many IDPs.

The waiver wire should be set up so if someone doesn't use the ww, they should go above the people who have used it. It should not reset every week, so that the worst team can just pick the best players of the wire.

I don't like owners being allowed to veto trades or a waiting period for it. It should be on the commish (or actually a couple people committee if there is something that should come up) to veto a trade and it should ONLY be done if there is evidence of collusion. In a free league, this should never come up.

It looks like the QB scoring is way too high, but that's just me.

This is all just my opinion on things and merely suggestions. I am by no means trying to dictate the way things are set up. I am perfectly fine playing under whatever rules that the majority want to do. Some of these suggestions are driven by the sake of continuity (as in, it is set up this way for this, it should be this way for that, also) and some are just personal preferences.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whose in this league, when does it start
I asked that a few weeks ago. I see there are 4 people signed up for it. I would like to join, but never got the invite.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know nothing about IDP i wish it wasnt IDP
Maybe we could talk @CreepCreep2014 into toning down on the IDPs. I don't really care, but you have been here from the beginning of this and I feel like you should be involved.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know nothing about IDP i wish it wasnt IDP
can be tricky at the start, but vastly better than teamD. And they way he's got it setup, position wise, is a pretty good way, IMHO, to do it. Best way, for me would be separate spots for DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, and S, this is what Foot's league does and why random defensive players have a relatively high value in his league. Makes for some very hard decisions on draft day and trade talks

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I've been away for a little...just to clarify a few things...

I have played in a league where we used DT an DE, and ended up switching because DT became almost useless when you had to dig deep to find a guy to fill in on a bye week or and injury. They didn't generate enough points IMO. Now of course, guys like Donald and players like that do, but there are really only a handful of guys who can do what he does and makes it worth owning. Just having a DL allows more guys to be used if needed. Allows more flexibility come bye weeks. Again, everyone is different when it comes to roster building. I am will to give it a shot, it doesn't matter to me.

They way I do the IDP is 3 DL, 4 LB, 2 CB 2 S...

There is no team D/ST or K, so who cares about those points...LOL

WW is not set up yet, but I am not in favor of worse team going 1st every week.

I will not change the LB spot to ILB or OLB cause when ESPN decides to change someones Pos listing, it can cause some issues...SO for right now..I am going to leave it, but again...always up for a change.

I veto/allow trades. I don't vote on them and I never veto trades unless it's flat out ridiculous, and even then, I would prob not do it. I live by the rule "it's your team, run it like you want too". I have never vetoed a trade. I also like to have 2 owners that I turn to in case there is an issue with a trade and the league has a genuine problem with it. In this case, I would turn the trade over to those 2 owners and they can decide. I take myself out of it, cause again...I will prob let it go...so it's nice to take myself out of it in case something like this comes down the line.

Listen, I am in favor of a lot of diff things, but at this point I am trying to get the league filled so we can start to draft. We can vote on ideas for scoring and such when we get going. If there is something that you flat out don't like and would only join if that one thing changes, I suggest not joining cause what if it doesn't change?

If you want in, send me a message with your email and I will get that invite out ASAP...another thing, if you have never done IDP and are thinking about, just do it...it's a lot of fun and can really make ya think about who to play.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got you guys who sent emails. Invites have been sent out. We are down to 4 spots left....hoping to get this going as soon as we are full...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could you say who is in so i can suggest some new ppl

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in and 2 of my friends are in. I have a 3rd guy who just got the invite and will probably join sometime tomorrow.