• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dusty laughing at Price; Price laughing at Riggy

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching 6 innings of this game, I know what it meant to follow the 62 Mets.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know your team is off to a bad start when the 62 Mets would be ahead of you in the standings. The 62 Mets were 4-16 through the first 20 games. We're in for a long season if the 62 Mets are the standard for comparison.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'88 Orioles were worse. Lost their first 21 games. Had Murray and Ripken.
The '03 Tigers as bad. Came within a weekend of tying the 62 Mets.
I am sure their fans probably never expected the worst. Tigers are a better comparison than the Mets.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far It's looking bad, Maybe the Reds can pick it up a bit and end up somewhere near the 82 Reds

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go way over 100 losses, maybe 115.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are averaging less than 3 runs per game. I'd be surprised if this team doesn't start scoring more on a somewhat consistent basis. But even if they start scoring more this is most likely going to be another 90+ loss season. I don't think they'll surpass the century mark, but another 21 games like this and it'd be hard to see how they wouldn't.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:drink::censored::Cry::bawling:

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has not yet happened is that the pitching rotation hasn't been juggled. They've added Finny, which means Garrett and Finny will probably fight it out for a spot. Romano would be the man out, I think, if this wasn't an interim gig by Riggles, who isn't going to do squat creative. But if one of the pitchers gets hurt -- and it will happen -- then they have to start dipping into the AAA ranks for this year's version of Adleman.

Yeah, it can get a lot worse. Who is our No. 3 catcher? Cruz? Yeah ... who's our backup 1B? Duvall. Brandon Dixon?

There will be a trade or two, though honestly ... why?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'88 Orioles were worse. Lost their first 21 games. Had Murray and Ripken.
The '03 Tigers as bad. Came within a weekend of tying the 62 Mets.
I am sure their fans probably never expected the worst. Tigers are a better comparison than the Mets.
I was at the record preventing win against the Twins. Rainy, cold, against a minor league team(game meant nothing to Minny), with a Couple thousand other fans.

That Tigers team had a little bit of talent. But much of it should've been in AA still.

Much respect to Mike Maroth for taking his 20 losses like a man.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Reds team is waaaaaay better than 03 Detroit. Not even close imo.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Reds team is waaaaaay better than 03 Detroit. Not even close imo.
The time in the dregs was shorter for the Tigers than it has been or will be for the Reds.
Going from 43 wins to 95 wins in 4 years ... that's do-able obviously but it's not happening in Cincy.
This was supposed to be a year we could be looking at 80-85 wins ... not great, just presentable.
I suppose they could get it together but it isn't looking like it.
At least twice a game, they do something that reminds you of the team in the movie Major League.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time in the dregs was shorter for the Tigers than it has been or will be for the Reds.
Going from 43 wins to 95 wins in 4 years ... that's do-able obviously but it's not happening in Cincy.
This was supposed to be a year we could be looking at 80-85 wins ... not great, just presentable.
I suppose they could get it together but it isn't looking like it.
At least twice a game, they do something that reminds you of the team in the movie Major League.
Tigers went to the World Series three seasons after that horrible 03 season. Which was their second 100 loss season in a row. (Two 90 loss seasons in a row before that.) Hit on high picks(JV and Granderson) hit on FA signings (Maggs and Pudge) hit on trades (Guillén for Santiago and Polanco for Urbina) and signed a manager with expierience.

They weren't getting the rebuild going with a HOFer like Votto. And didn't have a pitcher in their entire system as talented as Castillo.

I don't think your Reds will be the worst team in baseball this year tbh.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers went to the World Series three seasons after that horrible 03 season. Which was their second 100 loss season in a row. (Two 90 loss seasons in a row before that.) Hit on high picks(JV and Granderson) hit on FA signings (Maggs and Pudge) hit on trades (Guillén for Santiago and Polanco for Urbina) and signed a manager with expierience.

They weren't getting the rebuild going with a HOFer like Votto. And didn't have a pitcher in their entire system as talented as Castillo.

I don't think your Reds will be the worst team in baseball this year tbh.
Maybe the second slowest turtle behind Miami.
I agree there is talent on the Reds team. It's been one game after another where they literally implode ... botch a DP ball ahead of a groover pitch that the OF misjudges, miss a cutoff ahead of a line double down the line ... caught off base not knowing how many outs there are ... it's maddening. The offense is putrid, the starters predictably green and the bullpen at times league average. The morale appears to be low despite official pronouncements otherwise. Now attendance is going to tank. The rebuild should be over. Now they need a real manager, which could be Farrell.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several bad teams, Reds right down there with them. Doesn't say much in the 4th or 5th year of the "rebuild", other than it's not working.

You can't win if you can't score, but I'm still less optimistic about the pitching. Can't fathom why Senzel isn't up yet, unless they are concerned about playing time for the current hacks...if so, why ?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several bad teams, Reds right down there with them. Doesn't say much in the 4th or 5th year of the "rebuild", other than it's not working.

You can't win if you can't score, but I'm still less optimistic about the pitching. Can't fathom why Senzel isn't up yet, unless they are concerned about playing time for the current hacks...if so, why ?
The convoluted answers Williams gives on why Senzel isn't up speak to the fact that he's made the deals to get Penny and Goose and probably plays golf with those two guys' agents so he's not going to admit to fucking up there. He'd have to DFA one of those guys. He has to carry Blandino till Suarez gets back, because that's the only way he can keep Penny and Goose on the roster. I suppose he could send Ervin back to the minors but that's not even going get Senzel any PA.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never should of signed Pennington in the 1st place. Blandino is just as capable of backing up the middle infield positions. Blandino is starting to impress me with his hitting.

Back to losing more than 100 games. This team is so inconsistent. Starting pitching, bullpen, offense and defense. every day one or two might have a good game and every day, one or two blows up.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to overstate the obvious, you don't get this bad by accident. Reds have been working toward this for a long time. It's why I gave back my weekend season tickets last year. I'm not the only one, lots of empty seats in every game I see. I'm not a fair weather fan, I was convinced 2 years ago this wasn't a rebuild. I don't want this team to move away, just not interested in supporting a roster gut , while not working at improving the system that got them where they're at, all while increasing prices. It's bad business. Reds would be a lot better if Marge Schott was in control, and she's dead.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW-I don't think Dusty is laughing at anyone. He's probably thinking of all the reasons it wasn't his fault he still couldn't win with the best team in the NL, and the current Nats are making his case for him.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue was never with Dusty. It was time for him to go.
I think the Reds panicked at the "rebuild" sign and decided they needed a pitching coach to manage the team.
So they hired Price.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think after the Jocketty/Baker team failed to produce a team that could win a single home playoff game, they decided to open up the team and sell organs, leaving the managerial opening to the cheapest alternative, Price, to bury the corpse.

i'm not sure if this was ever intended to rebuild a winner, or just to make the team easier to sell. They draw more fans at a Moehler game.