• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duffy out for Season!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consider this write up on Green from Baseball America (when he was the #1 prospect for the A's in 2010):
If he has to change positions, he probably has to go to second base because he wouldn't have the arm strength for third base either.

He's played 31 games in the minors at third base (only 1 in 2015) and 5 in the big leagues with the Angels in 2014. I doubt he would be better now than he was then.

As for Blanks, he's played only 1st base, left field and right field as a professional. Similar write ups from Baseball America, when he was a Padres' prospect, about his defense being adequate at 1st base but having the athleticism to maybe play right field.

Looking at who the Giants currently have in the upper minors, I have no idea who is going to play 3rd base at triple A! They could move Mitchell Delfino up but his bat didn't look that good at Richmond. Maybe if Adrianza gets through waivers (if the Giants choose not to carry him come Opening Day), he may play there. My guess is there is some minor league free agent the Giants may sign. Regardless who plays there, the Giants don't have much insurance for Duffy if he goes down.
Two players I forgot were Ramiro Pena and Ali Castillo. I don't know what kind of glove either would bring to third base (besides a third baseman's glove, duh!) but both have played a decent amount at that position over the years. While they are both primarily shortstops, they both have more playing time there than anyone else coming to camp to compete for a triple A spot, besides Mitchell Delfino. I think Pena has the edge over both Delfino and Castillo as the latter two have not shown much with the bat at double A yet.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, mainly for the multiple strokes cal almost caused for this one but also for how prescient the discussion was. Of course, the conversation will most likely come up again this off season (minus Duffy).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite non-Series-clinching threads ever. So much win...

That said, yea. 3B has been a relative black hole this year. Surprisingly, though, the production actually went UP once the Duffman went down. Now we have a Nunez/Gonor platoon keeping the corner hot until our Christian brother rises.

And we are still in first place.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off topic, but this still rates as one of my favorite threads ever. I literally LOL’d at the time, and still legit chuckled as I just re-read it...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely off topic, but this still rates as one of my favorite threads ever. I literally LOL’d at the time, and still legit chuckled as I just re-read it...
You definitely got a reaction out of the community.
When I saw this re-surface, my first thought was that Duffy's injury this year was worse than expected. He went on the dl on the 17th with a hamstring strain.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You definitely got a reaction out of the community.
When I saw this re-surface, my first thought was that Duffy's injury this year was worse than expected. He went on the dl on the 17th with a hamstring strain.
I actually had no idea he was hurt again. He is a player with a great attitude, but his actual tools are limited, so I guess he has to over-play just to stay on the field, and that unfortunately leads him off the field due to injury.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

I still get a giggle from this one…

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

I still get a giggle from this one…
At this point of his career, its almost a given he'll be out for the season. Actually, I'm amazed he's last in the big leagues as long as he has. Good for him.
Back to your click bait tendencies, just you've just got me, pachyderm and tzill to react (and Sandisfan to emoji :peep:).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point of his career, its almost a given he'll be out for the season. Actually, I'm amazed he's last in the big leagues as long as he has. Good for him.
Back to your click bait tendencies, just you've just got me, pachyderm and tzill to react (and Sandisfan to emoji :peep:).
You son of a bitch, I'm in.