• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dude where's my power?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that he is getting older, and his overall performance is going to decline, but man, Rollins' power has vanished. His 2013 slugging percentage was a career worse .348, and he only 6 home runs. Ironically, trying to hit a 450 foot home run every plate appearance has a reverse effect on hitters-their power and contact numbers decrease greatly. I truly think we will never see another decent J-Roll year-whether he is in a Phillies uniform or not.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, holy shit-Matt Holliday got robbed for the 2007 NL MVP. He had more home runs, RBI's, a better OPS, a better OPS+, a far better batting average and basically carried the Rockies to the playoffs (I mean, so did Rollins, but Holliday was clearly the better player).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he call the Rockies the team to beat in spring training?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is completely insane to think JRol is going to return with any kind of offensive production that would garner his salary. Another brilliant move by brain-dead and next year, he is going to take up a roster spot unless Sandberg has the balls to get rid of him or make Rollins a coach. Otherwise it will be one ridiculous at-bat after another.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rollins has slugged under .400 in three of the last four years. He finished his second consecutive year of sub-.400 slugging when they signed him to the extension. Which was one of the many reasons I didn't want him resigned.

But, the fan base went with the standard "Who else are we going to get?! Rollins is the best option!!! We can afford it!!!!"

Dumb asses.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it's not your money, who cares what they do with it?"

^ one of the worst fan lines. disturbing a lot of people used it for howard.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of dumbasses that say that _Phillies_ also think Odummercare is free healthcare!!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins has slugged under .400 in three of the last four years. He finished his second consecutive year of sub-.400 slugging when they signed him to the extension. Which was one of the many reasons I didn't want him resigned.

But, the fan base went with the standard "Who else are we going to get?! Rollins is the best option!!! We can afford it!!!!"

Dumb asses.

I resemble that remark.... Actually I was fooled by his power surge in the 2nd half of 2012. Also, according to stats that I don't completely understand, his defense got worse this year too. If he isn't going to be better offensively than he was this year they would really be better off with Galvis. Freddy is not a good hitter but if he played SS regularly he would probably be very good defensively.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"it's not your money, who cares what they do with it?"

^ one of the worst fan lines. disturbing a lot of people used it for howard.

Yep. If you are a true fan that logic is flawed. It may not be our money but it is our happiness as fans that a GM is messing with. In a sense I guess it is true that if the GM overpays players it is the team that makes less money and if that causes the team to lose there is less interest and less sellouts and they make even less money or possibly lose money. Making stupid decisions that result in losing teams may actually save money for fans because we might go to less games, but that is not what anyone wants. Just because we don't pay for Ruben's bad decisions in cash doesn't mean we don't pay for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Cedrique. If you don't go to the stadium but watch the games on TV or don't watch the games but have cable, your monthly cable bill has an offering that goes to the Phillies. If you have the specific Phillies cable package, you are still paying the Phillies directly and in all of the above. That is why that comment is so blatantly stupid to be beyond belief!