• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drouin moved to Montreal

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lightning have traded Jonathan Drouin and a conditional sixth-round pick in 2018 to the Montreal Canadiens for Mikhail Sergachev and a conditional 2018 second-round pick.

Rumours started to grow that Drouin was possibly going to be moved to Montreal for Alex Galchenyuk and possibly a 1st round pick, instead Yzerman makes this move. My initial reaction is really? Personally I think the Habs win this deal. For the vast majority of the offseason I expected Drouin to be moved but in return I thought he would land the bolts an established top 4 NHL defenseman, instead the Lightning acquire a prospect for Drouin, all be it Sergachev is a very talented prospect but still the blueline needs addressing now.

I am disappointed about this deal, I have been a Drouin fan since leading up to his draft year and I think the Lightning get the short end of this deal but I'll guess we will have to wait and see how Sergachev develops. He turns 19 next week and has played 4 games for the Habs last year and was their 9th overall pick last year so he's certainly a talented prospect but he's got a long way to go but the Lightning organization must think highly of him to make this deal.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big drouin fan short term we lose this deal! Plus we win vs expansion as we can protect killorn and vladdy now for
The last two spots! Should have no issues resigning johnson and palat now.

Long term I think we win this trade Sergachev is going to be a stud defenseman maybe as good as hedman! If not better! Cap space this helps us now probably Brian Boyle signs back here for sure! I'd also take a run at vanek in fa as well.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The village idiot messed up again! :gaah:
Could have had a top 4 d-man, instead he selected Drouin. Now he trades Drouin and gets nothing in return. :doh: What an ass! Why does he think that the Lightning goalie needs to be the team's entire defense. Lightning = goalie burn out. No matter how good a goalie is, they still need a defense. But "offensive village idiot" does not think so. I wish he'd leave Tampa, he is really ruining the Lightning!

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I would have rather seen Stamkos get lost than Drouin and all of you know I am not a Drouin fan. But the reality is, Drouin is a hell of a better puck handling, play making talent. Stamkos is just a sniper that gets injured too much. Grade F- to the village idiot, period.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I see why Detroit let him leave their front office. Excellent player but that's where it ends.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After letting the dust settle I'm starting to feel more optimistc about the deal. The issue I had that the bolts weren't getting any immediate help, well it looks like the plan is to play Sergachev at the NHL level next year. Will his impact be greater than the likes of Hamonic, Hjalmarsson, Brodin or any other established top 4 Defenseman who are rumoured to be available, probabaly not but Sergachev has the highest ceiling out of all the Defenseman who was available hence why Yzerman pulled the trigger on a trade within the division. I'm sure Yzerman would prefer making a move outside of the division but you do what's best for the organization and it's clear Yzerman and co this was the deal that makes the most sense for the bolts. Why does it make sense? Well the Lightning acquire an elite level prospect who could feature in the lineup as early as next year. I didn't know much about Sergachev at the time of the trade but I knew he was their 1st round pick from 2016 and considered as the Habs top prospect. I have been reading atricles, watching videos and the word on Sergachev is that he can be a top pairing defenseman and possibly be every bit as good as Victor Hedman. Despite only tunring 19 next week, it's pretty much safe to say he's going to be a good NHLer for many years to come. Now we come on to the expansion draft, with this move the Lightning can protect the forwrads they need to without possibly losing either Killorn or Namestinkov for nothing. Aditionally with Sergachev not required to be protected the Lightning can choose between either Dotchin or Koekkoek to be their final defenseman protected. This deal also benefits the cap situation. The Habs quickly signed Drouin to a 6 year extension worth $33 million dollar deal, simply the Lightning couldn't afford that deal to be on the books with Yzerman still needing to take care of business in regads to the teams pending UFA's & RFA's as well as looking to imrpove the team externally either via trade or FA. I think Yzerman will look to add another defenseman preferably a righty shot as well as bottom 6 forward.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The village idiot messed up again! :gaah:
Could have had a top 4 d-man, instead he selected Drouin. Now he trades Drouin and gets nothing in return. :doh: What an ass! Why does he think that the Lightning goalie needs to be the team's entire defense. Lightning = goalie burn out. No matter how good a goalie is, they still need a defense. But "offensive village idiot" does not think so. I wish he'd leave Tampa, he is really ruining the Lightning!
He just did get a top 4 defenseman kid is hedman 2.0 with a shot! And he shoots left but plays the right d side a ton no problem. I can't wait to watch this kid I hope to see him at prospect camp in a few weeks. No doubt I think he plays in Tampa next year not juniors! But I really hate losing drouin that sucks! Me like you would rather have seen stamkos leave instead of drouin. Love stamkos but dude is always hurt !

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After letting the dust settle I'm starting to feel more optimistc about the deal. The issue I had that the bolts weren't getting any immediate help, well it looks like the plan is to play Sergachev at the NHL level next year. Will his impact be greater than the likes of Hamonic, Hjalmarsson, Brodin or any other established top 4 Defenseman who are rumoured to be available, probabaly not but Sergachev has the highest ceiling out of all the Defenseman who was available hence why Yzerman pulled the trigger on a trade within the division. I'm sure Yzerman would prefer making a move outside of the division but you do what's best for the organization and it's clear Yzerman and co this was the deal that makes the most sense for the bolts. Why does it make sense? Well the Lightning acquire an elite level prospect who could feature in the lineup as early as next year. I didn't know much about Sergachev at the time of the trade but I knew he was their 1st round pick from 2016 and considered as the Habs top prospect. I have been reading atricles, watching videos and the word on Sergachev is that he can be a top pairing defenseman and possibly be every bit as good as Victor Hedman. Despite only tunring 19 next week, it's pretty much safe to say he's going to be a good NHLer for many years to come. Now we come on to the expansion draft, with this move the Lightning can protect the forwrads they need to without possibly losing either Killorn or Namestinkov for nothing. Aditionally with Sergachev not required to be protected the Lightning can choose between either Dotchin or Koekkoek to be their final defenseman protected. This deal also benefits the cap situation. The Habs quickly signed Drouin to a 6 year extension worth $33 million dollar deal, simply the Lightning couldn't afford that deal to be on the books with Yzerman still needing to take care of business in regads to the teams pending UFA's & RFA's as well as looking to imrpove the team externally either via trade or FA. I think Yzerman will look to add another defenseman preferably a righty shot as well as bottom 6 forward.
Big thing we need is bottom six forwards go after vanek and Boyle stevie

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sergachev Is a stub we have been looking for signed for 3 cheap years after that we can afford to pay him no problem! Out of drouin, palat and Johnny I thought one would move and drouin had the most value to get a defenseman. Got to remember we got plenty of forwards coming in juniors.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what Yzerman does from now. I imagine Garrison will be moved via trade. I know Killorn's name has come up in conversations as well so it will be interesting so see if he's possibly moved. I think Killer is just being dangled to see if Yzerman can get for him before his no trade clause kicks in. I think Yzerman will look at the trade route to acquire a defenseman, maybe someone like Tyler Myers would be a target but if a deal includes giving up prospect & picks that is something Yzerman doesn't like to do. With that being the case I think Yzerman will look in FA. I think he'll have a look at Shattenkirk again and offer an improved contract but I think his heart is set on the Rangers. The other targets would include Michael Stone and Cody Franson. In regards to the bottom 6 I think Yzerman would target Brian Boyle and Daniel Winnik, versatile depth players with playoff experience and leadership.

Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point
Erne-Namestinkov-Callahan
Boyle/Winnik-Paquette-Brown

Hedman-Dotchin
Sergachev-Stralman
Cobrun-Stone/Franson

Vasilevski
Budaj

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised at you ISR, you always thought Drouin would make an excellent AHL
player. Sergachev could turn into the beast you always wanted ( Galchenyuk ) might
have been a better choice. But Serg should be around a long time.
Stan Gourde wii make you forget Drouin in a hurry.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued to see how Drouin develops in Montreal. There is going to be a lot of pressure put on Drouin and it will be inteesting to see how he handles it. He played amongest a very good forward group here in Tampa and didn't have to be the "guy" with Stamkos and Kuch being the focal points but in Montreal he's the "guy" even more so than Pacioretty. Another interesting factor is that Drouin's play away from the puck is lackluster to say the least hence his team's worst -13 last year. I know Cooper didn't like that part of his game but with Julien he preaches defense first so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised at you ISR, you always thought Drouin would make an excellent AHL
player. Sergachev could turn into the beast you always wanted ( Galchenyuk ) might
have been a better choice. But Serg should be around a long time.
Stan Gourde wii make you forget Drouin in a hurry.

First, great to see you Bolt! I was worried about you and praying for your health!
The point I was trying to make was why take Drouin over Seth in the first place. Todd understood me, I think. Seth turned out to be a pretty good top paired D-man. And will just keep getting better and better (d-men mature slower than o-men). Maybe the Lightning would not be in the situation they were just in?
However with that being said, now that we had Drouin on this team they should have looked at his raw talent. True and I stated above that I was never a fan of his, but talent is talent and he definitely has the capabilities to become more than just a "sniper". I really think, as Todd agreed, they should have shopped Stamkos harder before extending his contract. Maybe he could have gotten the Lightning a top paired D-man. Stamkos is been on the other side of the "healthy meter" and he is aging. True, Stamkos has accomplished a lot for the Lightning and this should never be forgotten. I just think talent vs talent, Drouin ends up the winner between the two. The money saved from Stamkos departure could have gone to keeping Drouin and making him happy and making him feel wanted.
Now if we only had taken Seth, this shit would not be happening! :pound::nod:
And yes, I agree with you guys that this kid will be something special. It's just a waiting game for maturity level from a D-man.