• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Class Contribution

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the 3 or 4 rookies from this year's draft class, that will make an impact this year? My nominees:
  1. Bradley Chubb - day one starter and by the latter half of the year, he'll get it going
  2. Josey Jewel - special teams ace and increased playing time in the defense as the year goes along
  3. Royce Freeman - a lot of playing time in year one
Who are the 3 or 4 players from the draft of 2017 that will make an impact this year? My nominees:
  1. Jake Butt - day one starter with high expectations
  2. Garrett Bolles - continue as a starter with fewer penalties and growth in his position
  3. DeMarcus Walker - back to his natural position
  4. Chad Kelly - backup QB?
This year represents an opportunity for the rookies to have immediate impact and also could be a chance for the class of 2017 to re-write their legacy.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my draft picks that make an impact this year:
1. Bradley Chubb - Day 1 starter, and will have a shot at Defensive Rookie of the year.
2. Royce Freeman - Rotational back, if not starter week 1.
3. DeaSean Hamilton - Very possibly the slot WR and rotational guy to spell Sanders. Helps move the changes between the 20s.
4. Courtland Sutton - Becomes a red zone target and spells DT.
5. Josey Jewel - Special Teams/rotational guy that becomes the starter.

Honorable Mention to Troy Fumagalli who could for a dynamic duo with Jake Butt.

Last years draft that will have an impact are:
1. Garett Bolles - Continues to grow in the LT position, and is part of an improved oline play.
2. Jake Butt - Becomes the X facter to help push the offense over the top.
3. De'Angleo Henderson - splits the 3rd down and 2 minute time with Booker.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Langley makes an impact on special teams. So I would throw him in there. I don't think we were too impressed with him as a CB last year given Rios moved ahead of him late in the year and we drafted Yiadom and signed Brock but I do think with Latimer and Fowler gone Langley steps up as a gunner and fills a role similar to those guys. I think that is really what will keep him around the NFL.

I said this before but I think Hamilton might just make more of an impact then Sutton this year as our slot guy.

I'd be repeating all of the rest above.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A similar thread was recently started on the broncos.com message board titled
What 3rd year, 2nd year and rookie players have the best years?

I'll copy and paste my response here:

2016: McGovern, Simmons, Booker
2017: Butt, Walker, Bolles
2018: Chubb, Freeman, Sutton

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Langley makes an impact on special teams. So I would throw him in there. I don't think we were too impressed with him as a CB last year given Rios moved ahead of him late in the year and we drafted Yiadom and signed Brock but I do think with Latimer and Fowler gone Langley steps up as a gunner and fills a role similar to those guys. I think that is really what will keep him around the NFL.

I said this before but I think Hamilton might just make more of an impact then Sutton this year as our slot guy.

I'd be repeating all of the rest above.

I really want to see what Sanders can do in the slot in a 3WR package. I'm hoping that they put another big guy on the outside (who is capable of playing) this year and give it a shot. Sutton seems like the guy who could do that, especially if they get rid of Jordan Taylor.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see us go to 2 TE sets with Butt and Fumagalli. That gives us a chance to spread teams out or go power run formation. If that happens Fumagalli might have a bigger impact then anyone outside of Chubb this year. Also don't underestimate that Keenum like to use his TEs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 rookies from this past draft that I would say will have the biggest impact would be
1) Chubb...easy choice as he should be given an opportunity to start and have lots of 1-on-1 chances with Von on the other side.
2) Daesean Hamilton...I would not be shocked if he was our 3rd WR this year since he did specialize in the slot in college for Penn State. He will have lots of opportunities with teams focusing on DT and Sanders so wouldn't shock me to see him have a 55 reception/700 yard/5 TD type season.
3) Royce Freeman...The RB lead back role is wide open right now. Wouldn't shock me to see him win the starting job and even if he doesn't he should still see plenty of work. If he starts I would predict somewhere in the 900 yard/8 TD type season and if he is a backup closer to the 500 yard/5 TD type season.

I will add one little thing that it wouldn't shock me to see Emmanuel Sanders still traded before the season begins if Sutton shows anything early on in training camp and a competitor has a top WR go down.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the draft before this one I'll go with

Bolles...Still obviously a starter and should do much better with it being year 2 and now having Leary next to him.
Butt...Barring injury I don't see how he isn't the starter at the TE position.
Walker...I don't trust Carlos Henderson to win much of a role as a receiver so Walker makes some sense if they can play with some leads of putting him in on those 3rd down passing situations to do what he does best of getting after the QB.